Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting things:

No trailer until 2016.

The film will most likely be PG-13 to be consistent with the shared universe.

tumblr_lzb9uyfa4o1qj4vs2o1_500.gif

I was hoping for an x rating.

So yeah, we should expect the first trailer to be with BvS.

Interesting things:

No trailer until 2016.

The film will most likely be PG-13 to be consistent with the shared universe.

giphy.gif

Eh, I don't really care all that much :p

It makes sense to make it PG-13 ("on the edge of"). These movies are connected and you can't ask kids to watch BvS, but then tell them to **** off when SS comes out. They'll miss the introduction and development of all these characters.

“Look, you know, it was different, it was fun. The group first wasn’t sure because the AD’s had to call him ‘Mr. J’ to get him to come to the set [laughs].
:woot: What's "AD" ? :O Assistant directors ?

Welp. Looks like it's PG 13. It was nice to think it could be Rated R.

I never for a second thought it would be rated R.

It makes sense to make it PG-13 ("on the edge of"). These movies are connected and you can't ask kids to watch BvS, but then tell them to **** off when SS comes out. They'll miss the introduction and development of all these characters.

If Ayer was on board with it being PG 13 and making a PG 13 movie. I'm good.

However, if Ayer sort of wanted to make it a light R rated movie and was restricted than that's disappointing. :csad:

If Ayer was on board with it being PG 13 and making a PG 13 movie. I'm good.

However, if Ayer sort of wanted to make it a light R rated movie and was restricted than that's disappointing. :csad:

There is no "Light R" There's R and then there's PG-13. If you're building a cinematic universe you can't have the first two movies be PG -13 while the third one is R.

And he's a director if he can't make a PG-13 movie then it shows up his capabilities or lack there of.

I think Ayer knew going in it would be PG-13.

I like that the trailer won't be released until next year. Maybe we will get to see some good action sequences in the trailer like Captain Boomerang's Boomerangs or Enchantress using magic.

You'd be surprised what you can get away with in a PG-13 film, specifically a hard PG-13, which is what I think Suicide Squad will come across as if I'm reading Roven's "on the edge of" comments correctly.

You'd be surprised what you can get away with in a PG-13 film, specifically a hard PG-13, which is what I think Suicide Squad will come across as if I'm reading Roven's "on the edge of" comments correctly.

Spot on the crap you can get away with PG13 these days' is astonishing as long as its' not nudity(full on), gore,graphic violence,swearing etc.

^ "On the edge of" sounds a lot like Steven DeKnight's "PG-16" [his personal classification for Netflix's Daredevil); and that show features content that is very much on par w/ R-rated material (whether they care to admit it or not).

There is no "Light R" There's R and then there's PG-13. If you're building a cinematic universe you can't have the first two movies be PG -13 while the third one is R.

And he's a director if he can't make a PG-13 movie then it shows up his capabilities or lack there of.

Mad Max Fury Road is what I'd considered "Light R"

He said he wanted to make the movies tonally consistent. Thats fine. I just hope it doesnt because too similar to the Marvel films. Yes, I know these movies will be darker. But I'd rather Suicide Squad and BvS feel like two different films made by two different directors.

I believe that it will. Just always worry when producers start caring how one movie feels in relation to another.

Last edited:
Spot on the crap you can get away with PG13 these days' is astonishing as long as its' not nudity(full on), gore,graphic violence,swearing etc.

Even swearing is allowed as long as they don't use very specific words. With Daredevil, for instance, DeKnight was given permission to say just about anything but the f-bomb, which is kind of arbitrary when you think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"