Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, not quite....but similar enough that I can definitely say that because of the Reign arc, we will not be seeing a Superwoman arc.

Oh yeah I don’t mean she would have her own Fortress and all that. I pretty much meant that she’d probably have ****ed Kara up like Reign did in the mid season finale.

A TV name. Maybe Phoebe Tonkin from the Originals or that brunette from the 100 would be my guess. CW loves to reuse peple.

:up:

Don’t know her but she certainly looks the part and CW do love to stay in house don’t they so would make sense.

I don't think they need such a big name for Lois. Just someone who would fit well with him.

Odette Annable would've made a good Lois. Chyler Leigh would've also made a good Lois instead of being Chyler Danvers. Amy Jackson might've made a good Lois too. Same with Italia Ricci.

Peyton List could also have made a good Lois if she wasn't already Lisa Snart. She played Lucy Lane in Smallville when she was younger.

Meghan Ory could play Lois. Or Megan Boone.

I think Odette Annable would have been a great Lois too. Although I really like her as Samantha/Reign.

So while Samantha is off causing her reign of destruction all the time, who is actually running L Corp each day? :hehe:

Seeing as though we've had 3 seasons of Speedster villains on Flash, using Superwoman isn't automatically off the table imo. She'd probably be a good villain for s5. Government creation.

Seeing as though we've had 3 seasons of Speedster villains on Flash, using Superwoman isn't automatically off the table imo. She'd probably be a good villain for s5. Government creation.

I could see that happening possibly....had they used the storyline closer to the comics for Reign I would say that was almost an absolute for a later season.

So while Samantha is off causing her reign of destruction all the time, who is actually running L Corp each day? :hehe:

She's a modern woman who multitasks: fulltime job, fulltime single mom (btw, who’s the dad?) and fulltime Evil Super Villain. :word:

First pic of soon-to-be-Oscar-nominee Laurie Metcalf on set:

image.jpg

http://people.com/tv/lady-bird-laurie-metcalf-makes-daughter-dream-come-true-set-supergirl/

Since there has been mention of Superwoman, there's this speculation from November about a 'possible' endgame for Reign.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/21/supergirl-season-3-samantha-reign-superwoman/

Although, if they ever did a Superwoman on Supergirl, I would love it to be Lois (one bit seeing how they handled her in the Rebirth comics) I could also see it being Samantha. As opposed to Reign, we know Samantha is a kind and caring person, which is certainly the right mind-set to start with.

Or this is just me, hopelessly dreaming again...:hehe:

Laurie gets major cool mom points for taking this part so her daughter could meet Melissa. I wonder how this came about. Did she contact the show saying she and her daughter are fans perhaps asking to arrange to visit the set then the EPs asked if she had time to be in it. Her character is going to be named Mary McGowen, on Big Bang Theory her character is Mary Cooper. I hope Laurie wins the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Award for supporting actress on Sunday.

Last edited:
Slightly OT, but I also wish Laurie the best as part of the reboot of "Roseanne" coming in a couple of months on ABC.

Supergirl seems to be getting the best guest-stars.

I wonder if they will introduce Black Kryptonite to try to split Samantha from Reign.

Supergirl seems to be getting the best guest-stars.

I wonder if they will introduce Black Kryptonite to try to split Samantha from Reign.

That would be a solution.

A solution ripped straight outta Smallville.

Who did they use that on in Smallville?
Doomsday. And this storyline's been handled a bit too similarly to that one for my tastes already, so I'd prefer they didn't resolve it that way.

In fairness though they haven’t used Black K yet on this show so to use it would probably feel fresh to Supergirl’s audience. Also given how Supergirl likes to ‘pay homage’ to past Superman movies, episodes etc it wouldn’t be a surprise to see them go down that route.

She's a modern woman who multitasks: fulltime job, fulltime single mom (btw, who’s the dad?) and fulltime Evil Super Villain. :word:
I vote for Lex being the dad. Lena and Sam have both said they’ve known each other a long time.

In fairness though they haven’t used Black K yet on this show so to use it would probably feel fresh to Supergirl’s audience. Also given how Supergirl likes to ‘pay homage’ to past Superman movies, episodes etc it wouldn’t be a surprise to see them go down that route.
We do need to see some different colors of Kryptonite but if splitting the villain into good and evil parts to save the good half was the solution in Smallville then no. Sam/Reign should go after this season. I’d be cool if she just fled Earth leaving the possibility she’ll come back for more destruction. I’m loving Odette’s acting but Sam shouldn’t be saved. Kara needs to learn that she can’t always save her friends.

IWe do need to see some different colors of Kryptonite but if splitting the villain into good and evil parts to save the good half was the solution in Smallville then no. Sam/Reign should go after this season. I’d be cool if she just fled Earth leaving the possibility she’ll come back for more destruction. I’m loving Odette’s acting but Sam shouldn’t be saved. Kara needs to learn that she can’t always save her friends.

The way to differentiate it with Smallville is quite easy. They separated Davis Bloome from Doomsday thinking Bloome was a good man but he wasn’t. With Sam she clearly is a good person and a mother that in itself provides a different angle on the whole thing. Also if you ask me keeping the continuity that Black Kryptonite does that is a good thing as between the comics, movies, Tv etc the effects of different coloured Kryptonite don’t always do the same thing.

It would be fresh to me, I saw bits and pieces of about 2 episodes of Smallville per season. I would try and get into it and then just give up, and it usually only took about 2 eps...lol

I've never heard of Black Kryptonite....but I also don't want Reign to be saved.

It would be fresh to me, I saw bits and pieces of about 2 episodes of Smallville per season. I would try and get into it and then just give up, and it usually only took about 2 eps...lol

I've never heard of Black Kryptonite....but I also don't want Reign to be saved.

Why not? She's someone's mom! :argh:

Well you’re missing out, Smallville > Supergirl :oldrazz:

Reign would still exist as the Black K would split the two. It’s just that’s Samantha would also exist. Personally I hope they do that and then Reign is put into the Phantom Zone. I feel like we’re long overdue to see the PZ on Supergirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"