Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many years has Clark been Superman before Kara’s ship landed?

No I believe that it was actually more about about an earlier rumor of former Lois Lane coming to Supergirl, which came true....it was Kara's mother being played by Durance former Lois Lane on Smallville. They didn't bother to really read the rumor or look at the date...

The rumor came from a video of an actress's taped audition for a Lois Lane role where she said lines that a Lois Lane would say. So, I don't believe it's true that the rumor developed out of Durance's appearance on the Supergirl as Alura. That said, I'm not sure the video audition has anything to do with the new Metropolis show either.

...That said, I'm not sure the video audition has anything to do with the new Metropolis show either.

Yeah... news of the show was just announced. Seems a little early for auditions.

Now we know why Lois will not be in Supergirl because of the new Metropolis series.

The Superman TV franchise is focusing on other aspects of the Superman universe - Supergirl, Krypton, and Metropolis.

I hope this could mean that Superman will return in the later half of Supergirl's 3rd season.

How many years has Clark been Superman before Kara’s ship landed?
They’ve never explicitly said, however, we do know he was about 24 years old since that’s how long Kara was in the Phantom Zone, so if we assume he became Supes sometime after graduating college and moving to Metropolis, we can estimate that he had been Supes for about 1-2 years when Kara’s pod landed.

The rumor came from a video of an actress's taped audition for a Lois Lane role where she said lines that a Lois Lane would say. So, I don't believe it's true that the rumor developed out of Durance's appearance on the Supergirl as Alura. That said, I'm not sure the video audition has anything to do with the new Metropolis show either.

When was the audition taped? If we don't know that, then it could have been for season 2 when at one point we were going to have the Lucy storyline of Superwoman and possibly a more relevant reason for Lois to come into the picture. Since that never came to pass no need to bring in Lois.

They’ve never explicitly said, however, we do know he was about 24 years old since that’s how long Kara was in the Phantom Zone, so if we assume he became Supes sometime after graduating college and moving to Metropolis, we can estimate that he had been Supes for about 1-2 years when Kara’s pod landed.
Ok thanks.

What exactly is the Legion doing in Nat City? Will the other members wake up? Why haven't they left yet?

Black Lightning is available on Netflix and a new episode is added every week. Why can't Supergirl have that? I am pretty sure more people internationally will be able to watch the show that way.

Also... is SG Netflix deal different from other shows? We have all other Berlanti shows--Arrow, Flash, Legends, Riverdale and of course Black Lightning--available in Netflix India but not Supergirl. I don't like it.

I wish it would come on Netflix here and would show episodes while season is in progress.

Black Lightning is available on Netflix like that because there's no local television network carrying it, most likely. That's the way it is in Canada. There is no Canadian channel airing Black Lightning, so they put it on Netflix. They even list it as a "Netflix Original" in Canada. Same with Riverdale.

But the other CW shows do air on Canadian networks, so they don't have the same Netflix availability.

Black Lightning is available on Netflix like that because there's no local television network carrying it, most likely. That's the way it is in Canada. There is no Canadian channel airing Black Lightning, so they put it on Netflix. They even list it as a "Netflix Original" in Canada. Same with Riverdale.

But the other CW shows do air on Canadian networks, so they don't have the same Netflix availability.

Dynasty as well...

However, we can't get Black Lightning, Riverdale and Dynasty right now on Netflix in the US we only get the seasons that have already aired in total....only Internationally can you get those on Netflix.

Ah! Okay! Thanks! Supergirl, and the others as well, all except Black Lightning, do air on local channels here.

However, I wonder why SG is not available on Netflix even after the season is over. Riverdale, Flash, Arrow etc. are not available on Netflix when season is running; but they are there post the season. Supergirl isn't. Not there on Amazon Prime either.

Ah! Okay! Thanks! Supergirl, and the others as well, all except Black Lightning, do air on local channels here.

However, I wonder why SG is not available on Netflix even after the season is over. Riverdale, Flash, Arrow etc. are not available on Netflix when season is running; but they are there post the season. Supergirl isn't. Not there on Amazon Prime either.

Here in the US it is on Amazon, iTunes, and Netflix after the season has aired. What country do you live in?

With the upcoming Metropolis series starring Lois Lane and Lex Luthor, I wonder if this will affect Lucy Lane and Lena Luthor in terms of their futures in Supergirl.

Well Lucy Lane seems to be gone for good....I don't see that it will impact Lena at all.

Yeah, I don't see it having any impact on this show whatsoever...except maybe preventing Lois from appearing.

As far as I can tell, Metropolis isn't a set continuity (i.e. it isn't necessarily part of the DCEU or DCTV), so I don't know why it would have any effect on Supergirl, including any future appearances from characters like Lois, Lucy, and Lex.

Here in the US it is on Amazon, iTunes, and Netflix after the season has aired. What country do you live in?

India. :)

I guess they have some country specific contract that doesn't allow Netflix India to carry SG. Hopefully, after 3rd season, they would change it.

Sam doesn't remember what she does when she's Reign, but she was Sam when her mother revealed her origin and her space ship. I'm guessing Reign has suppressed her memory of that conversation. Otherwise, Sam would A) still be freaking out about it, B) still be trying to investigate it (forgetting that she has already done so), and C) wondering if her alien birth has anything to do with her blackouts.

That is a good point....

Surely they’re gonna bring in Superman for the finale. Kara desperately needs backup.

makes no sense that he's not appeared at all in recent episodes

They really need to throw in a mention at the very least to account for his whereabouts/unavailability.

Last edited:
Maybe he's been looking for the Kryptonite he hid somewhere and forgot where he hid it....they need more than a syringe full for Reign....

Or maybe he has been in search of some Black Kryptonite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"