Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the front page. Spider-Nan’s officially out of the MCU.

I was hoping for a more creative title than BP2.

The Eternals look indistinguishable from the Asgardians. Yawn.
It's a placeholder title as both Coogler and Feige confirmed during their presentation that it was. This was more putting a time and date on the film than getting anything else.

They’re really making us wait for Fantastic Four though I see. You can’t just drop a bomb on us like you did last month Feige, and then don’t even give us a logo or a cast.

That’s quite cruel.

Waaaaay too early to be expecting any kind of F4 casting announcement when they haven't officially put it on the schedule and we haven't even heard rumblings of the script or directors or anything.

It's a placeholder title as both Coogler and Feige confirmed during their presentation that it was. This was more putting a time and date on the film than getting anything else.

Okay, cool, thanks for letting me know. :yay:

I'll of course still see them all, probably opening weekend because that's what I do, but I find myself not particularly caring about any of the upcoming Marvel movies. At least not 'til Captain Marvel 2 is announced. I just realized I was more hyped about the Moon Knight show than any of the announced movies on their slate, which was a strange feeling with regards to the MCU.

Moon Knight needs to be Daredevil level gritty, violent and mature or bust for me. I’m skeptical if Disney + is willing to go that far but very much willing to be pleasantly surprised.

Waaaaay too early to be expecting any kind of F4 casting announcement when they haven't officially put it on the schedule and we haven't even heard rumblings of the script or directors or anything.

True, but MCU Blade already has Mahershala and a logo and that’s still a way’s away. I’m just being really impatient about them and the mutants though.

Moon Knight needs to be Daredevil level gritty, violent and mature or bust for me. I’m skeptical if Disney + is willing to go that far but very much willing to be pleasantly surprised.
I actually think it can be done well without nearly the level of violence/gore of DD. He's a more fantastical character, and I would be all for a more gothic fantasy vibe. Not without violence, certainly, but I think the level of violence present in Endgame (like Thor beheading Thanos, Hawkeye's "Ronin" scene) applied to a dark urban fantasy vibe could work perfectly well for him. A bit more Burton-y than recent Batman, perhaps. I would actually like to see it be more stylized than any of the Marvel/Netflix shows. They were often too attached to their "real world" aesthetic for my liking. Iron Fist seemed downright embarrassed of its character's supernatural origins and fantastical leanings. But of course that was just one of many of that show's problems.

Last edited:
True, but MCU Blade already has Mahershala and a logo and that’s still a way’s away. I’m just being really impatient about them and the mutants though.
True, but Blade came outta nowhere and took everyone by surprise. All eyes are on F4 and X-Men and have been since the acquisition, so I don't think they're really in the same spot.

Not gonna lie, I’m gonna have to do my research on Moon Knight. I vaguely remember him in the comics.

Intrigued by that series though too.

Ahh, the limits of rubber costumes. Granted, it is just artwork, but it looks to be about the same level of craftsmanship we have seen in all of the movies. Probably easier to CGI.

I'll of course still see them all, probably opening weekend because that's what I do, but I find myself not particularly caring about any of the upcoming Marvel movies. At least not 'til Captain Marvel 2 is announced. I just realized I was more hyped about the Moon Knight show than any of the announced movies on their slate, which was a strange feeling with regards to the MCU.

Phase 4 is a total wash for me. Black Panther and Captain Marvel were the only ones not to get a total meh (at best), so, I am not interested in the chosen sequels nor am I too into the new movies.

And is it bad that I am more interested in what Loeb is doing than Feige? I have more confidence in that side in actually delivering on horror with Ghost Rider and Hellstrom than I am from the movies.

Phase 4 is a total wash for me. Black Panther and Captain Marvel were the only ones not to get a total meh (at best), so, I am not interested in the chosen sequels nor am I too into the new movies.
Same.

And is it bad that I am more interested in what Loeb is doing than Feige?
But now you go where I cannot follow, lol.

The next Spider-Man villain won't have a personal grudge against Tony Stark, so there's something positive to think about, unless you just love those memes too much to let go.

Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, and She-Hulk, one of these shows will cross with the movies... boy would that make things needlessly complicated.

And is it bad that I am more interested in what Loeb is doing than Feige? I have more confidence in that side in actually delivering on horror with Ghost Rider and Hellstrom than I am from the movies.
At first I thought you said Lobo, and I was like "This is back on the table?". And then I was disappointed.

Check the front page. Spider-Nan’s officially out of the MCU.

I was hoping for a more creative title than BP2.

Yeah, just saw this...

I think them being indistinguishable is the fact that it’s usually the same people always doing the concept art.

Is it safe to say Spidey is now part of the Multiverse of Madness? We just act like he doesn’t exist anymore?

I don't know, Feige could've quietly done a screenwriting program to screen potential pitches for F4 after the acquisition, ala GOTG.

Although looking at the upcoming schedule, it seems that the first MCU film of each year will introduce a new character/solo film (BW next year, Shang-Chi in 2021, F4 or Blade in 2022?), then the next films during that year are mostly sequels to pre-existing properties.

I don't know, Feige could've quietly done a screenwriting program to screen potential pitches for F4 after the acquisition, ala GOTG.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm sure movement is happening on them, and I'm sure there have been pitches and all that, and they might even have screenwriters hard at work on it. But that's still a long way from casting, imo.

I suspect they also don't want to create another shifting of schedule problem, like what happened with Spider-man.

One of my big three Marvel characters has finally join the MCU!!
She is also my no.1 in terms of my favorite heroine in Marvel.

So happy she finally got her due, lets just hope the cast is spot on and Marvel Studios has to be exploring her muslim background also.

I am happy bit also feel perhaps Feige should put her in the movie, not a series.

A Ms.Marvel movie will bring a more cultural impact more than Shang-Chi.
Though I still exciting for that movie but I think the idea of Asian superheroes is not a unique nor a new thing, and will not be a big cultural thing in Asia considering there are many Asian superheroes show here (not just in Japan, but also in China as well).

But Ms.Marvel on the other hand, if it done right, like BP did for black communities, Ms.Marvel will bring a more cultural impact for muslim communities around the world.

This is why i think Feige should make Ms.Marvel a movie rather than a streaming series. But still hyped regardless. ☺

I could've sworn Into the Spider-verse was a masterpiece. But I just rewatched it today and would you believe it? I discovered that it's actually overrated.

Thankfully I am not alone. Many posters in this site have suddenly discovered it is overrated as well.

I wonder why.

I could've sworn Into the Spider-verse was a masterpiece. But I just rewatched it today and would you believe it? I discovered that it's actually overrated.

Thankfully I am not alone. Many posters in this site have suddenly discovered it is overrated as well.

I wonder why.

I kinda disagree. I wouldn't say masterpiece but it's down right awesome and one of the best animated CBMs ever. I also haven't noticed people around here being less hyped on it.

I kinda disagree. I wouldn't say masterpiece but it's down right awesome and one of the best animated CBMs ever. I also haven't noticed people around here being less hyped on it.

I think he's doing a sarcasm because of the new wave of anti-Sony sentiment.

Kat Dennings is coming back for WanaVision? Damn, I’m shocked.

That's an out-of-left field inclusion.

And honestly so is Moon Knight dropping on Disney+ but I'm here for it.

I get why people want a gritty, violent take like Daredevil but A) we all know we aren't getting that and B), I really dig Flickchick's description as it captures what I remember from the Moon Knight issues stories I read growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"