Comics Superman Gets a New Costume???

anybody know where i can buy the new comic?

well Action Comics is set in Supes very early days so it makes snece that he tries out with normal clothing like he did in the smallville show.

Superman and Justcie League as far as I'm aware is still rather early in supes career as a superhero so there is still plenty fo time for him to grab those red pants along the journey.

as for the teen titans my entire knowledge of them is the tv animated show so i dunno how they appear in the comics but i think they look awesome and will defo buy it along with 29 other titles of the 52.

And I for one am happy with the reboot as it gives brand new readers like me a chance to jump aboard. yes reboots suck but a slong a sthey only happen once every 20-30 years then i can live with it. in all honesty i wish marvel would do it so i could collect series like thor, iron man and captain america but i dunno enough about there histories to simply jump aboard at teh current point. Only Marvel comic I collect is spidey.

But DC are making it easy for new readers like myself to start fresh with them and give most of their titles a shot.

Last edited:
I like the new pic at bleedingcool.com:

55547782.jpg

I'm glad the awful "knee-pads" under the red boots are gone.

Other then Wonder Woman it doesn't look like their overall looks have really changed that much if at all, what was the point?

I just saw it in the new Justice League and like it. Im guessing he got this bc of the upcoming movie?

He got it because they wanna make Superman kewl and relateable. :o

Nothing to do with the movie. (Particularly since it looks nothing like the Movie version save for the lack of Underoverpants.)

He's also a Superdick again. You know, like in the Golden Age. So, you know........

What did he do in the new relaunch that would make him a dick?

Ummm, taunting Police. Playing yoyo with a corrupt business man. I mean, yeah, they had it coming but, you know, complete 180 to the old Superman.

I like it.

Yeah, they're taking him back to his roots. Social crusader. Taking down corrupt politicians, big business, etc.

I gotta admit, I'm excited to see how this plays out.

Theres nothing wrong with this suit. It looks pretty good as it is. Its a pretty awesome design

It looks good drawn by Jim Lee.

Not so much by everybody else. It's obvious design flaws really stand out. Those underoverpants really broke up the blue. That belt isn't enough. I will say this. It looks better than the movie suit.

Really?

I personally think the movie suit is a million times better but that's just me. I do agree that Jim Lee is the only one that can make the new relaunch costume somewhat presentable.

Just read that Superman's new suit at the comics is a "Kryptonian Ceremonial Armor" which confirms his new suit is armor . . . . . .

The Man of Steel doesn't need armor. . . .

EXACTLY!! THIS WHOLE NEW STUPID WORLD IS LIKE THE "ARMORED UNIVERSE"! The whole JLA is armored up!! :doh: Even Flash looks Armored!

The new design sucks! Superman does not need armor! As far as his look goes, you don't mess with perfection. You can reboot stuff to make a clean slate for writers to work with, but don't fix what's not broken!:doh:

Last edited:
The new costume for the movie rocks ... This Lee designed costume also ends in cks but the first two letters are s & U (and it doesn't stand for Syracuse University).

D C, please please adopt the movie costume.

The funny thing is that even Jim Lee isn't consistent in drawing it, he seems to forget how all those unnecessary lines should go. And that collar is horrible.

There's some cases where the suit actually looks good, mostly when it has a certain texture/sheen to it. Like when Superman is flying away from city hall in Superman #4. It's a design that can work, but it has to be drawn and colored really well otherwise it just sucks. The earliest renderings that were shown (the two group shots of the Justice League), IMO, sucked, even if they were drawn by Jim Lee.

Last edited:
The funny thing is that even Jim Lee isn't consistent in drawing it, he seems to forget how all those unnecessary lines should go. And that collar is horrible.
Which proves that the lines are not useful at all. I would scream at thissuit if I was not already screaming at the suit of the next movie. At least Jim Lee was clever enough to keep the red "banner" in the middle of the suit. I think there were a potential to do something better since they made it "alien" but well. I think a thin yellow line above the red belt could have done the trick.
I remember a quote of Jim Lee explaining how he put some ideas from character to character if this idea was refused by his colleagues. Like, "oh the high boots are not fine on GL, let's try on Supes, no? Then on Flash, no? Ok on Aquaman then. Man what a poor thinking especially since it is supposed to be "designing".
The collar was a good idea for Aquaman, not for Superman. Which is the same as the GL one. :/

Probably Batman has the collar too under the cowl and Wonder Woman has that neck thing instead. They're the Justice League of Collars now.

Could anyone tell me in what issue the new suit's "origins" are explained? From what I understand, it's Kryptonian armor or something, but I am trying to find the issue that explains this.

They haven't done it yet. Should be around issue 7 of Action Comics when they go back to the Braniac Story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"