Comics Superman Gets a New Costume???

I know some think the lack of trunks takes away the color balance of the suit. But I wonder, why doesn't this affect characters like the Marvel family, whose suits lack trunks but have capes and boots that are a different color from the bodysuit? Is it the armbands?

I've decided this morning that i'm done with the Superman books. The costume is awful, the stories are weak and pointless, and the new Clark is the old Peter Parker. Just for a frame of reference, I like the new movie costume a lot. D C could adopt that and them they would only have to get better writers. I don't mind reboots as long as they're well done. This is disjointed and nonsensical.

All this talk of Superman's costume looking bad but I just saw Supergirl's and its god awful

supergirl1_1.jpg

Every time I see that pic I think, farting in the wind. :o

It's interesting to me that they go out of their way to de-trunkify everyone because that look is supposedly so silly and then they give Supergirl some weird diamond shaped crotch flap. They can dress female characters up in the most embarrassing outfits and nobody cares but if a male superhero wears "underwear on the outside", well that's just terrible.

I can't stand the new Superman costume. Do you guys really think the classic Superman costume is gone for good?

Last edited:
I can't stand the new Superman costume. Do you guys really think the classic Superman costume is gone for good?
Well, I think 'for good' is not really appropriate. What happens a lot is that at some point they want something new. But it also happens a lot they go back to basic after a while. Just think of it as fashion; you have these hypes, new things, but what they do is constantly reinventing the wheel. But in the end everything comes back. It's sort of like a visual circle.

And for your information. I don't like the new suit one bit either.

It's up to Pandora the decision if the new 52 Universe will revert back to the classic. I would be glad if he loses the collar and some unnecessary lines in the suit, so it would be easier for artists to draw him consistently. Jim Lee himself has problem in drawing the suit the same every time.

The universe wont be going back. Maybe the suit but now that they've made the suit more than just a piece of clothing his ma gave him, it's unlikely. But if they change the universe again, it will be something different. More than likely much, much, worse. Understand, this is not Heroes Reborn. This is not a finite story that will result in a return to the status quo once the tale has been told. It's Crisis on Infinite Earths. What is, is. At least until they decide to change it again in another five or 10 years. Then it will be something else.

Just saw a picture of the Earth two superman costume. Get rid of the red on his shoulders and you have what should've been Superman's costume. losing the trunks doesn't bother as much as I thought it would but the collar, the boots, and the armor look really does. I also hate the piping on his wrists.

Lee did a great job with Wonder Womans, Flash's, and Hawkman's costumes. IMO he fell flat on his face with his Superman redesign.

Not that it matters since that Superman is dead. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"