Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Superman & Lois' started by flickchick85, Feb 25, 2020.

1. SupermanFan Registered

Equality is about making things equal not flipping the scales the exact other way.

Her suggestion was a race change for race change sakes.

I’m not against race or gender bending, but I am with certain characters. My issue as I’ve sat stead is equality is about making things equal. When we say it’s ok one way and not the other that’s a double standard.

There is another side to the story though, no matter what you say there always is.

We know room the cast that there is diversity and you don’t think there won’t be more castings that are?

vantheman77 and Fran-el like this.
  2. SupermanFan Registered

Clark Kent aka Superman is a white character and should remain as so.

There already are black versions of Superman, Calvin Ellis and Val Zod. If we get a black Superman down the line it should be as one of these versions.

27FDE559-ECC8-4DD6-AC17-E5CFD51E9C04.jpeg 78ADDA59-6D7E-4069-9BE3-08BF4EE201CA.jpeg

Calvin Ellis and Fran-el like this.
  3. NotToday Registered

4. Wheels Groovy

I'm less hardcore about this now because I want people to see the character, really see him, for what greatness is there.

If his skin obstructs then maybe it should go.

He is an alien anyway.

I'm sick of certain things that have given a misguided view of Superman and affected his popularity.

Playing the stooge.

Playing the martyr.

Needs to stop.

Maybe Superman also shouldn't look white.

5. Dr. From parts unknown

I’ll phrase this carefully (and put it in spoiler tags for added security). According to the pilot teleplay…

For… reasons, it doesn’t seem like the Kents (i.e., Ma and Pa) will have much presence in this series. So “race bending” one or both of them would be somewhat pointless.

SuperRouth likes this.
  6. SupermanFan Registered

Fran-el likes this.
  7. Calvin Ellis Kal-El of Earth 23

Say my name and I'll appear.

Anyways I have been saying for a while now they should have had a Calvin Ellis or Val Zod ongoing by now. Also I wouldn't mind if they rebooted the DCEU using Calvin Ellis.

Primal Slayer likes this.
  8. SupermanFan Registered

Id love to see it and I would love to see MBJ get to play the part too. Maybe they could even do it as a HBO Max series.

Calvin Ellis likes this.
  9. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

E2 produced some great characters and its a shame that DC hasnt really done anything to elevate them.

SuperRouth and Calvin Ellis like this.
  10. fan4stic Registered

They're white in the comics. That's a reason. And story wise, they can have to pass for Clark's biological parents.
    It's not, to me, like that.

It can work in the Smallville version, in theory, that had a reason for why the Kents could legally get away with the adoption angle. It's not needed, but it wouldn't effect the logic of the story. In other versions, they have to pass as biological parents.

They can't adopt Clark as a baby. He's not from an adoption agency. He's an alien that fell, that they found. The most sensible way to pull that off is if they lie and say it's their biological. Smallville had an in story, character reason for how the adoption thing worked. This show may not and I don't see why it would, if the Kents aren't really much involved in the story.

SuperRouth likes this.
  11. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

How is giving birth any more of a legitimate story than adoption? Both have to come with some kind of validation that they occured. No one knows that a baby crash landed.

NotToday likes this.
  12. Dr. From parts unknown

13. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Ouch for the 3 that got their entire show not picked up. He's getting more than they did lol.

Hopefully he show's up as Green Lantern.

14. SupermanFan Registered

I’m really excited about this, there was a rumour on 4Chan a while ago amongst a load of other rumours and it seems like a lot of these rumours are coming true. They suggested a while back that John Diggle’s Green Lantern’s origin would be a part of the Superman & Lois/Batwoman crossover.

vantheman77 likes this.
  15. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Ugh, I really don't care to see Diggle here. He's not John Stewart and retroactively molding him into a John Stewart imitation never sat well with me. Kinda like John Blake/"Robin". Oh well, if it gives us some GL mythos and a connection to the GL series on this show, my annoyance will be...lessened, lol.

16. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Clark should deny that he's GL and kick him down a well saying "this is Spartan!"

17. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Superman is going to look TINY next to Diggle lol.

18. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Eh, he's shorter than Mehcad Brooks. Diggle has never looked that big onscreen to me. I was always shocked when they showed him shirtless because it did not compute, lol.

Lencho01 likes this.
  19. batdude Registered

I can live with it. the Arrowverse needs a Green Lantern and we are probably not going to get Jensen Ackles as Hal Jordan,

Flash525 likes this.
  20. batdude Registered

Yeah, it's a tossup who screwed worse Brandon Routh or Katie Cassidy. .At least We Will probably get a GL.

21. herolee10 No More Miracles

22. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Actually, he kinda' is. There was an episode of Arrow that dealt with his stepdad, who was named Roy Stewart. It's a name he could adopt? Is there anything in GL lore about John Stewart's parents?

Even if the links don't ... link up, this wouldn't be the first time character arcs had gone a slightly different way to the comics, and that's good - it's fresh. I'd be quite happy if Diggle became a Lantern (though you'd have to ask the question of where the heck were they when the universe was ending).

23. fan4stic Registered

In theory, like I've read the comics have done, the Kents can pass Clark off as having been born during a snowstorm and he be legalized as their child. They can't just say they adopted him. Legalization, as far as I know, is necessary. Smallville had a way that it would look legal.

SuperRouth likes this.
  24. SupermanFan Registered

25. Boy Scout Registered

I HATE the idea of making Diggle John Stewart. With a burning passion. Back when I was watching Arrow, I thought Diggle was an amazing original character and he should stay that way. In every medium, creators should be looking to expand lore, not shrink it.

flickchick85 likes this.