Supernatural

One episode to go... I have not seen tonight's yet but I can guess.

Chuck ended up being a bigger disappointment than Dick Roman.

So this was basically the end episode as next week seems more like them just talking. I guess we could see some time jumps and them get old.

Chuck ended up being a bigger disappointment than Dick Roman.

i think the British Men of Letters were the worst villains of the series. I couldn’t take them seriously especially after Dean and Sam going up against Lucifer and Amara and meeting God...just felt like a huge letdown.

I thought it was a poetic ending for Chuck. All that bluster and in the end forced to be one of the humans he manipulated since "creation".

As for the execution of the story, I thought it was entertaining. Clearly they show how limited they were due to Covid (basically all these "final episodes") can be viewed through that lens. It was good considering the circumstances.

I am curious to what the last episode is going to be about.

I think they filmed all the episodes except for the last two pre-COVID. Last night’s episode and next weeks series finale are the only two impacted by COVID I think.

I thought this was a fitting end to the show, except that it's not the end as there's oddly still an episode left.

Considering what we bore witness to with episode 19, I'm really confused with what and where episode 20 is going to take us. I mean, what's left? What's even the point of it?

Highlights of episode 19 (spoilers coming) was Michael going back to his roots as Daddy's Boy, and the return of Lucifer, even if it was temporary. Jack becoming God was, I suppose the only thing they could've actually done short of outright killing Chuck, but I'm glad they didn't.

Heaven doesn't have any Archangels now though? Not that it needs it. I'm curious too (maybe we'll find out in the final) but if Jack restored humanity, did he restore the monsters too, or were they left to rest, thus ensuring Sam & Dean can make a life, rather than having the life of a hunter?

And obviously, I think, if Chuck can pull Lucifer from the empty on a whim such as this, then can Jack pull Castiel back from it?

Normally I'd say bring on the final, but honestly, this could've (and should've) been the final.

I think they filmed all the episodes except for the last two pre-COVID. Last night’s episode and next weeks series finale are the only two impacted by COVID I think.

According to either rumours and gossip or official cast and crew statements, they only had time to film one, two or even three scenes of the season’s penultimate episode before production had to shut down.

According to either rumours and gossip or official cast and crew statements, they only had time to film one, two or even three scenes of the season’s penultimate episode before production had to shut down.

Ok so the bulk of this last batch of 7 episodes were filmed before shutdown and most of the penultimate episode and series finale was filmed after the shutdown?

I thought this was a fitting end to the show, except that it's not the end as there's oddly still an episode left.

Considering what we bore witness to with episode 19, I'm really confused with what and where episode 20 is going to take us. I mean, what's left? What's even the point of it?

Highlights of episode 19 (spoilers coming) was Michael going back to his roots as Daddy's Boy, and the return of Lucifer, even if it was temporary. Jack becoming God was, I suppose the only thing they could've actually done short of outright killing Chuck, but I'm glad they didn't.

Heaven doesn't have any Archangels now though? Not that it needs it. I'm curious too (maybe we'll find out in the final) but if Jack restored humanity, did he restore the monsters too, or were they left to rest, thus ensuring Sam & Dean can make a life, rather than having the life of a hunter?

And obviously, I think, if Chuck can pull Lucifer from the empty on a whim such as this, then can Jack pull Castiel back from it?

Normally I'd say bring on the final, but honestly, this could've (and should've) been the final.
Thinking the finale is going to be majority of the cast remembering the show and talking about it. They should have some scenes where they tie up loose ends. Technically no Death so what happens when people die? Jack will have to have order with Hell so maybe we see Rowena or someone again. He can't eliminate all monsters because demons and Hell has to exist.
Will he bring Cas back out of the Empty even though he said he won't be that involved.

The fight scene with Chuck was basically the same couple of scenes happening over and over with him hitting Dean in face or Sam. He basically said the same thing too during the scene. Wouldn't be surprised with limited time impacted that.

My only complaint was that Sam and Dean’s plan happened way too conveniently. So many things had to happen for for it to end the way it did.

I was totally off on my prediction. I really thought the series would end with Sam and Dean having to replace God & the Darkness to save reality.

They should have some scenes where they tie up loose ends. Technically no Death so what happens when people die? Jack will have to have order with Hell so maybe we see Rowena or someone again. He can't eliminate all monsters because demons and Hell has to exist.
Presumably there will be another Death; all it takes is for a reaper to die. For all we know, Jack sorted that out.

Regarding monsters though, heaven, angels, hell and demons are a different construct to monsters and purgatory. Heaven and Hell can be locked from Earth. Monsters too.

Will he bring Cas back out of the Empty even though he said he won't be that involved.
He didn't say that though. He just said he's not going to write himself into the story. I took that as though he wasn't going to meddle in the affairs of humanity, rather than cosmic and/or that higher plane of existence.

I was totally off on my prediction. I really thought the series would end with Sam and Dean having to replace God & the Darkness to save reality.
I'm glad it didn't pan out this way. That would've been too cliche; similar to Dean ruling heaven and Sam ruling hell - another theory that was going around during the apocalypse run.

It's just occurred to me; Chuck, the entity that created everything created a means by where if one of his creations (an archangel) reproduces with another one of his creations (a human), said offspring would be capable of absorbing the powers of creation from the entity that created creation.

Chuck ain't too bright in that regard. Why create a means to end your own immortality?

There is actually one proper episode left and a special titled, "The Long Road Home" airing the same night so anything doing with the cast remembering or discussing the series run will probably occur in that.

There is actually one proper episode left and a special titled, "The Long Road Home" airing the same night so anything doing with the cast remembering or discussing the series run will probably occur in that.

Weird how there's still one episode left because that sure felt like a finale, especially with that montage at the end. I hope it won't turn out like that final episode of Arrow...

Based on that promo, I wonder if Jack also sent demons of all kind to hell or turned them into humans and also locked heaven and hell, making Sam & Dean and other hunters more or less redundant? They can finally have normal lives?

Based on that promo, I wonder if Jack also sent demons of all kind to hell or turned them into humans and also locked heaven and hell, making Sam & Dean and other hunters more or less redundant? They can finally have normal lives?
I'd concur.

If they've locked the bunker up, that implies retirement. Neither Sam nor Dean would hang up their coats if there were still monsters to fight.

That said though, I still think episode 19 was all that we ever needed for a final; it's more ambiguous about what's left whilst also wrapping up everything that needs to be wrapped up.

Today's the day. Supernatural ends and so does a part of my life. Been watching since the beginning at '05. Looking back at it and boy its insane how long it as been. I have no idea whats gonna happen.

Well...was not expecting that. Not sure if I like it or hate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"