The Amazing Spider-Man TASM Easter eggs, foreshadowing, and other references!

For all the harping about being 'more true to the comics',Garfield's Peter's wasnt really a nerd or genius

He came to know about Connors research on Cross-species genetics from bing and parroted it to him like he was taking a guess
The decay algorithm he got from his father's notes
He got biocable pellets ordered from OSCORP and didnt really create them himself

While Raimi's Peter supposedly read a lot of Norman's and Otto's research and understood them.He also speculated Otto's miscalculated which turned out to be true in the end

I bet they already had the villains / characters planned out for the whole trilogy

I somehow dont think so
They probably had Norman's,Harry's and MJ's arc figured out to an extent and decided they wanted to kill off Gwen Stacy but I doubt they had decided on Electro

They even changed the writers

For all the harping about being 'more true to the comics',Garfield's Peter's wasnt really a nerd or genius

He came to know about Connors research on Cross-species genetics from bing and parroted it to him like he was taking a guess
The decay algorithm he got from his father's notes
He got biocable pellets ordered from OSCORP and didnt really create them himself

While Raimi's Peter supposedly read a lot of Norman's and Otto's research and understood them.He also speculated Otto's miscalculated which turned out to be true in the end

Webb's Peter created the webshooter as well as created a mechanism to lock his door. That's not being a genius?

I somehow dont think so
They probably had Norman's,Harry's and MJ's arc figured out to an extent and decided they wanted to kill off Gwen Stacy but I doubt they had decided on Electro

They even changed the writers

Highly doubt this. The guys behind Green Lantern spoke about a trilogy and had a plan. Webb, Arad and who ever spoke about a trilogy planned for TAS-M and undoubtedly know where it's headed, including the villains as much as what they know what to do with Norman Osborn and Gwen Stacy.

Webb's Peter created the webshooter as well as created a mechanism to lock his door. That's not being a genius?
Not exactly,He ordered pellets from OSCORP and incorporated them into that watch like device.The pellets were already meant to carry thousands of metre worth of biocable
Being intelligent but wont calling it being a genius,not of a level of speculating the result of a Nuclear Fusion reaction which even the talented Doctor with years of research could not
Highly doubt this. The guys behind Green Lantern spoke about a trilogy and had a plan. Webb, Arad and who ever spoke about a trilogy planned for TAS-M and undoubtedly know where it's headed, including the villains as much as what they know what to do with Norman Osborn and Gwen Stacy.

Maybe..

Not exactly,He ordered pellets from OSCORP and incorporated them into that watch like device.The pellets were already meant to carry thousands of metre worth of biocable
Being intelligent but wont calling it being a genius,not of a level of speculating the result of a Nuclear Fusion reaction which even the talented Doctor with years of research could not

Not saying anything about the biocable; only saying he did create the webshooter. That's using your brain when you CREATE something as Peter did and yes, that's being quit intelligent to being able to get a webshooter to work that would shoot out the biocable.

Fixed.

Even though I love this film so much, I must admit that him stealing/buying the webbing is a big disappointment for me.

Even though I love this film so much, I must admit that him stealing/buying the webbing is a big disappointment for me.

Indeed.

And I for one don't buy it when he said he created the webbing to that thief. That doesn't give a hint that he tried something different with the biocable to make it 'his own' as I've read what others thought that line meant, lol.

And actually, if you think about it....that's pretty close to being organic webbing still, haha.

I kinda forgot what happened in the movie, so can someone refresh my memory on what happened to the antidote? Did Peter make it or did Gwen make it?

Not saying anything about the biocable; only saying he did create the webshooter. That's using your brain when you CREATE something as Peter did and yes, that's being quit intelligent to being able to get a webshooter to work that would shoot out the biocable.

exactly :up:

I kinda forgot what happened in the movie, so can someone refresh my memory on what happened to the antidote? Did Peter make it or did Gwen make it?

Gwen made it.

Which is a pro if you're glad a love interest in a CBM is finally proactive, but it's a con when Peter himself didn't make the antidote.

I would have loved to see Connors turning Martha and Billy into lizards first and Peter creates the antidote, but only has Gwen make more of it when Connors then decides to test on the entire city.

Indeed.

And I for one don't buy it when he said he created the webbing to that thief. That doesn't give a hint that he tried something different with the biocable to make it 'his own' as I've read what others thought that line meant, lol.

And actually, if you think about it....that's pretty close to being organic webbing still, haha.

I think the problem with this is all the edits/rewriting of various scenes. If you watch the special features, Peter actually does create his own webbing. When testing out his powers, he actually does it at an abandoned carnival.

The scene looked really freakin' cool and I wish they had done it. He bounces around various tents leaps and bounds on the ferris wheel all the way to the top. He then hangs from a cart or something and sees a spider spinning a web.

This inspires him to make "webbing" and the next scene is him developing his own web fluid. I believe they intended him to make his own webbing. However, trying to ground this installment in reality, decided to go the route of OsCorp investigating in alternative resources.

The writing though probably didn't get switched for that scene to accommodate this change. There are a few other instances in the movie where this occurs. This movie had a really awesome "Birth of Spider-Man" montage that I wish they had kept.

Luckily you can check it out on the special features of the Blu-Ray.

You do realise, that a teenager created a shooter to shoot high tech biocable from a simple wrist watch?

I think the problem with this is all the edits/rewriting of various scenes. If you watch the special features, Peter actually does create his own webbing. When testing out his powers, he actually does it at an abandoned carnival.

The scene looked really freakin' cool and I wish they had done it. He bounces around various tents leaps and bounds on the ferris wheel all the way to the top. He then hangs from a cart or something and sees a spider spinning a web.

This inspires him to make "webbing" and the next scene is him developing his own web fluid. I believe they intended him to make his own webbing. However, trying to ground this installment in reality, decided to go the route of OsCorp investigating in alternative resources.

The writing though probably didn't get switched for that scene to accommodate this change. There are a few other instances in the movie where this occurs. This movie had a really awesome "Birth of Spider-Man" montage that I wish they had kept.

Can you give a brief description of that? And did they film it, or was it just something that was storyboarded?

But here's the thing...you can bring this up, but the film still shows Peter using the biocable that was created from OsCorp. That just sucks and as much as the film shows off Peter's intelligence already, it lacked on that part by not showing off Peter's ingenuity in creating his own webbing. No one would be talking about this if such scenes were in the theatrical cut.

I assume, though, that the whole biocable idea was placed in TAS-M to give some reason for the spiders?

It's pretty obvious why they they made the webbing bio engineered, because if a teen could make a super strong webbing that dissolves in an hour they would patent it and become mega rich.

Because that was something Peter Parker had in his mind when he created the webbing in the comics or in any cartoon....

You do realise, that a teenager created a shooter to shoot high tech biocable from a simple wrist watch?
Yeah. He didn't create the webbing, but he did customise it for himself, miniaturising the system into the watch.

Didn't Webb confirm "bigger eyes" in TASM2?

Yes he did. And "gnarly" webshooters. Whatever that means.

Personally hoping for Ben Reilly style webshooter-bracelets. There's a concept art piece for this movie that's sort of like it which I wouldn't mind seeing:

599086_452434061470956_389015212_n.jpg

But the idea of Peter creating the webbing himself is something a lot of fans wanted to see after Raimi used organic webbing.

Who knows, maybe he'll make his own special webbing or modify the webbing or something for a sequel. But I do think using the bio-cables was a dumb choice when they could have had him make it himself. Though the bio-cables are cool too.

But here's the thing...you can bring this up, but the film still shows Peter using the biocable that was created from OsCorp. That just sucks and as much as the film shows off Peter's intelligence already, it lacked on that part by not showing off Peter's ingenuity in creating his own webbing. No one would be talking about this if such scenes were in the theatrical cut.

I assume, though, that the whole biocable idea was placed in TAS-M to give some reason for the spiders?

So you finally get my point

I think they did it to make it more realistic,because,a guy creating a webbing like that is not realistic.
I just hoped they had a bigger montage of him working on it so that we can appreciate his work rather than thinking its OSCORP's production

Really?I hope they had kept it
Because I was really dissapointed on the birth they showed.
I mean the whole Peter-Making-the costume and web shooters along with
first POV sequence was fast forwarded so much that I felt nothing when he first appeared in his costume

For me Peter creating the web shooter to regulate and direct the high tech webbing is enough to show his genius and didn't need to create the actual web to further push the point. A bit like expecting Stark to invent rocket fuel as well as creating his armour.

Also the fact that Peter was read and understand the decay rate algorithm also proves his genius and how do we know Peter didn't modify the equation so it actually works? Peter says, 'I have to stop him because 'I' created him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"