rashad

Hype Board Junkie
Reaction score
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes
Platform: Wii
Release Date: December 11, 2008
Release Region: Japan
Official Site: http://www.capcom.co.jp/tatsucap/

This 2D fighter pits the heroes and heels of the Capcom character stable against the superheroes and other favorite figures of the Tatsunoko anime studio. The Wii version features new elements, including the option for simplified Wiimote-based controls (the game also supports a full controls via the Classic Controller,) special minigames (including four-player bonus modes), and an original character for the Wii version -- the genie Hakushon Daimaou.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii Arcade Stick
211530d61a04597fe49629da16fab.jpg

Trailer

Gameplay Vids

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/251169.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/251132.html

Confirmed Characters
Tatsunoko
31eca68e8df7b72eb90d5319c012f.jpg

Capcom
535544c2ec854002b28ce3f207840.jpg

Looks like I'll be importing! :)

I so want this game, and may be the one game that I decide to put the homebrew channel on my Wii. I just want it here, and I'll import it if I need to.

Man, I've been dreaming of the day when they just decide to make Capcom vs. Namco vs. Sega vs. Konami

Awesome poster!
http://pix.nofrag.com/1/7/d/6f6ec2bd3f10ada5b79464cd7a143.jpg

I need this game. It would be nice if they localized it. It would be sweet if they made a Marvel vs Capcom 3 with the engine. But either way, I think I'll be importing. This game just looks way too good.

I need this game. It would be nice if they localized it. It would be sweet if they made a Marvel vs Capcom 3 with the engine. But either way, I think I'll be importing. This game just looks way too good.

Thats what I'm hoping for in the future. If they got the developers already churning out for this one, and TvC wont come to America, give the US and everyone else MvC

So then I take it that there's pretty much no chance of playing this game without modding your Wii or buying a Japanese one? Pity. Wii FINALLY gets a legit fighting game, and it's not even available outside of Japan. :(

yep they need to aquire the marvel license again and do marvel versus capcom 3,but this time thor has to be in it!!
(and captain britain and union jack!!)

havent played dc v mortal kombat yet..i dunno whether its good or not..it looks good.
anyone here played it?

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 may be coming to Xbox Live and Playstation Network next year with online play, so that means that Capcom has likely acquired the license necessary to produce MVC3. Unless Tatsunoko vs. Capcom has very poor sales, I'd imagine that MVC would likely get a release on Wii in addition to PS3 and Xbox 360 (although realistically, the latter two versions will probably be noticeably better in terms of graphics and online support).

The reaction to it has been genrally positive, however people have taken issue with some aspects of the game's graphics, and that the gameplay still feels a bit shallow in comparison to today's top Japanese fighting games (although improved over previous games).

Can the mods merge this with the other thread for this game found here: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=303090

Anyways, good news on this coming to the US. I really hope Capcom consider porting this to the 360 and PS3 bc I dont think the audience for it over here can be found on the Wii

I actually got a chance to play it for the first time a few weeks ago. Great game. Gameplay is awesome and the 3d graphics are gorgeous. I wasnt aware that there was only 3 attack buttons. Its weird that Capcom would even go with this setup. I can understand them trying to simplify things but I would have rather the 2 punch, 2 kick buttons from MvC2

Sounds good to me. I'll probably pick it up with or without online, though I hope there is some attempt at online play in our version of the game. The lack of Tron Bonne hurts, but I'll recover I suppose

http://kotaku.com/5259119/tatsunoko-vs-capcom-might-get-online-multiplayer

Looks like we may be getting multiplayer as I hoped :):

Tatsunoko vs Capcom is coming to the West. Hurrah! That's enough cause for celebration, but more corks may need to be popped if the game makes its way over with some online multiplayer.

The Japanese version of the game shipped without it (you could only play against other humans on the same console). Which may cut it in Japan, but in the West, a fighter without online multiplayer just isn't going to cut it.

Which is why Capcom are looking into it. Producer Ryota Niitsuma has told Nintendo Power "We listened to feedback from our fans and marketing/sales teams in other territories in order to implement new features into the game this time around".

While he didn't specifically mention what some of those other features may be, he does strongly suggest the inclusion of online multiplayer, saying "we are still working this out, but stay tuned for more information coming soon".

Promising!

Capcom already added online to their golf game when it was released in the states when the Japanese version didn't have it, so it's not out of the realm of posibilities that they would add it.

I cannot wait for this. It amazes me that Capcom pulled through in getting this stateside. :D

Well, I doubt most of those licenses on the Tatsunoko are worth much of anything anymore here in the States, so it probably wasn't as hard as it sounds. The 13 or so companies that owned them will probably get a small commission and that'll be the most they've made off them in quite awhile

It may not be what they're worth, but I could see certain companies wanting more than they are worth. Capcom probably had quite a bit of strong arming/negotiating to do to keep the prices reasonable.

I'm sure it was alot of work for a game where most in America don't know half of the cast. I just can't wait to play some of the G-Force characters. :up:

Oh, yeah, I'm sure Capcom had to do some significant bartering, but I'm sure most of the companies who hold the licenses probably realized that they weren't getting much anyway.

The G-Force characters were probably the easiest since the American licenses for that franchise just expired in the US :)

My hope is that they truly are going to add a few characters like they have said they might do...even if they do one on each side. I would love for them to add Tronne Bonne for Capcom's side and Speed Racer for Tatsunoko's side. :up:

I was thinking about this last night, and I realized how much fun it is going to be to play as Viewtiful Joe. It's going to be pretty awesome. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"