The Dark Knight Should Batman reveal his secret identity to Gordon in TDK?

Gordon finding it out or suspecting it is another story.

But Batman shouldn't reveal his identity to him.

absolutly not. i agree with the guy who said it's bad enuugh racheal dawes knows. just leave it at luscious and alfred. this ain't burtons batman or shumachers were suddenly bruce turns around in the cave to find so and so chic. batman should be the most incognito of heros.

Yes and no.

Batman is a mysterious character that does what he does to help. That's all and that's all that Gordon should consider. He should be glad someone else is helping defend Gotham rather than destroy it. He shouldn't dig into something that doesn't need to be dug.

I think they should do like they did in the comics and have Batman OFFER to reveal his identity to Gordon, but Gordon refuses.

Being in a comic doesn't make it a good idea.
Really?:huh:
Cuz I kinda thought that the comic was what the movie was based on. Guess I was wrong.
icon12.gif

No, not in this one, no not in the next.

Perhaps EVENTUALLY though, but not any time too soon.

I prefer it to be like in No Man's Land where he goes to reveal it and gordon tells him to put it back on. He doesn't want to know. Or maybe he does and let him go about it anyway becuase he knew it was helping.

yes sir.

the following are hands down two of my favourite Batman/Gordon-scenes.

nomans1ow9.gif
nomans2rk7.gif

nomans3uh3.gif
nomans4ub3.gif

nomans5jq5.gif
nomans6ka5.gif

yearonezh4.gif

I wrote a fan-script for TDK a couple of years ago where I tried to make a homeage to the last scene. The climax of the script took place at sea on a boat the Joker had taken control over. Earlier, Joker had kidnapped Barbara Gordon (a very young version of her) and just before he was defeated by Bats he dropped her in the water. Batman has to dive for her, and has to take off some of his costume (mainly the cowl and cape) The scene ends in a similar fashion with (almost) the same exchange of dialogue between Gordon and Bats.

No. But certainly does make it worth mentioning. Considering most Batman comics are very well-written.

Maybe most. Maybe. Not all. And well written comics might not fit a big screen version necessarily.

Really.

Cuz I kinda thought that the comic was what the movie was based on.

And I haven't said otherwise. I just said the fact that something is in a comic book doesn't make it a good idea per se. It's a totally different thing.

Guess I was wrong.
icon12.gif

Oh yes you were. But for totally different reasons.

Anyone eager for the pink Batman? It was in a comic book:
batman%5B1%5D.GIF

Hell no. On the Gordon and on the pink costume.

SERIOUSLY! :cmad: :up:

Let's see who knew...

B89- Vicki Vale, The Joker
BR- Selina Kyle, Max Shreck
BF- The Riddler, Two-Face, Sugar & Spice, Dick Grayson, Chase Meridian, All of Two-Face's goons
B&R- Barbara
BB- Ra's, the entire League of Shadows, Lucius Fox, Rachel Dawes

Did I miss any? I find it ironic that the one girlfriend Bruce didn't tell was Julie... and he was engaged to marry her :dry:

Alfred and Fox knowing is fine. Anyone else knowing should die(Rachel)

The wife is the last one to know, they say...
It's so funny how he dated his last three girlfriends for a couple of days before they found out... and yet he gets as far as engagement to Julie and doesn't tell her.

I do wonder what would have been done about all of Two-Face's gang, since they had to know too. These things don't work, it should be a minimal thing and Gordon shouldn't know!

You guys remember that episode of BTAS where Batgirl Dies and Gordon finds out Bruce's secret Identity and theres a man hunt and then It all turned out to be a prolonged Effect of Scarecrows new gas?

You guys remember that episode of BTAS where Batgirl Dies and Gordon finds out Bruce's secret Identity and theres a man hunt and then It all turned out to be a prolonged Effect of Scarecrows new gas?

Oh Yea I remember that one!

big talk from mister "hey everyone look I'm peter parker"

Lucious knows.

You know he's seen the tumbler "painted black" on the TV news. And don't forget the antidote he made for the fear toxin.

Yeah, of course he knows, for certain. Anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy. He doesn't just suspect Bruce is up to something but not sure what... he KNOWS Bruce is Batman, or he's the biggest idiot in the world.

regarding Spidey 2 - revealing someone's face isn't the same as revealing their identity or name. No-one was any the wiser as to who Spider-Man was apart from the fact that he was "just some kid" with a description fitting thousands of New Yorkers. As long as no-one got a photo or knew Peter personally, he would be pretty darn safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"