The Dark Knight Should Batman reveal his secret identity to Gordon in TDK?

I prefer it to be like in No Man's Land where he goes to reveal it and gordon tells him to put it back on. He doesn't want to know. Or maybe he does and let him go about it anyway becuase he knew it was helping.

I would a scene similar to the scene where Batman is saving Gordon's kid, and his mask is off, but Gordon's not wearing his glasses and says "You know, I'm nearly blind without them. You'd better get going." Something cool to kinda imply that he knows who he is, but not so explicit that it's obvious. That would strengthen their trust and form a closer bond between vigilante and policeman, I think. That scene is awesome, anyways.

Yes. I'm surprised it took so long for someone to mention this.

Gordon either knows and was lying about how bad his eyesight was, or is pretty sure, but doesn't want to have it confirmed so he can have deniability. I know if I was in the same situation with my eyesight, I'd probably recognise Wayne but not be 100% sure.

I'd love to see than scene in a movie. I love that bit. Gordon doesn't CARE who Batman is, it's irrelevant. He knows or suspects, but it should never be explicitly stated which. Let the viewer decide.

I'd love to see than scene in a movie. I love that bit. Gordon doesn't CARE who Batman is, it's irrelevant. He knows or suspects, but it should never be explicitly stated which. Let the viewer decide.

Kinda like the Joker. His character doesn't care who Batman really is, and I hope Nolan realises this.

Yes. If you want to piss off longtime fans, including myself, by doing some bonehead move that goes against the comic mythos in every facet. :cmad:

Not at all, it would make a lot of fans pissed off.

Batman should never "reveal" his identity to Gordon.

I think that the audience should only be led to assume that Gordon is intelligent enough to know his identity, but never actually have it acknowledged.

alfredqu9.jpg

'nuff said...

Let's have Batman reveal his identity to all of the city like Raimi loves to do with Spider-Man:dry:

lol

As weird as it sounds, I can't hate that train scene in Spiderman 2. Somehow Raimi achieved me to buy that.

Should Bruce do it? No. Could it be hinted at the Gordon finds out? Sure.

I am not that strongly moved either way - but I would probably lean towards the "strongly implied, but not explicit" route.

It makes me sad that there are 17 people out there that want Batman to reveal his identity to Gordon at one point in this franchise.

Never he should never reveal it to Gordon but i like the idea of gordon hinting that he may know who he is.

I think it was appropriate for Rachel to know, being a lifelong friend. I thought the "mutual understanding" between Bruce and Fox was a very tasteful way of handling it. Gordon, however, should never know. I thought the dynamic between Gordon/Batman and Gordon/Bruce only worked so well because of Gordon's ignorance about the dual identity.

No to Gordon. I don't think that will happen.

But I would like to see Batman reveal his identity to Harvey Dent in THE DARK KNIGHT.

No to Gordon. I don't think that will happen.

But I do think it's looking more and more possible that Batman reveals his identity to Harvey Dent in THE DARK KNIGHT.
Oh I hope not. That would mean the whole of the third film Two-Face'd know and I don't think people would like that.

Oh I hope not. That would mean the whole of the third film Two-Face'd know and I don't think people would like that.
I'd like that.

It would make Harvey Dent's descent into villainy that much more heartwrenching for Batman.

I'd like that.

It would make Harvey Dent's descent into villainy that much more heartwrenching for Batman.
But it'd be like with Ra's in Begins and Two-Face in Forever. Harvey would turn up at Wayne Manor and attack Bruce directly, we'd see less of Batman and more of Bruce.

BD527.jpg

"Mr. Wayne....if you don't wanna tell me exactly what you're doing, when they ask me, I don't have to lie. But don't think of me as an idiot."

Lucious knows.

You know he's seen the tumbler "painted black" on the TV news. And don't forget the antidote he made for the fear toxin.

Gordon should be like Robbie Robertson. He suspects that Bruce is Batman but, doesn't let on.

A story that I really liked from the comics was written by Sam Hamm, (screenwriter of batman 1989 as if you didn´t know allready) The story revolves around Bruce Wayne being charged of espionage. Gordon and Bruce Wayne have several conversations about the batman and it's implied throughout, that Gordon knows that Bruce is Batman, but of course, Bruce never admidts to it.
I wouldn't mind to see a similar friendship between Gordon and Wayne in the movies....but Bruce should NEVER reveal his secret identity.

A story that I really liked from the comics was written by Sam Hamm, (screenwriter of batman 1989 as if you didn´t know allready) The story revolves around Bruce Wayne being charged of espionage. Gordon and Bruce Wayne have several conversations about the batman and it's implied throughout, that Gordon knows that Bruce is Batman, but of course, Bruce never admidts to it.
I wouldn't mind to see a similar friendship between Gordon and Wayne in the movies....but Bruce should NEVER reveal his secret identity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"