The Dark Knight Should Batman reveal his secret identity to Gordon in TDK?

Anyone eager for the pink Batman? It was in a comic book:
batman%5B1%5D.GIF
Oh god... Was that for REAL?

Oh god... Was that for REAL?

Oooh, yes. And originally I was going to post the Zebra-Batman issue but couldn't find it.

That's why I can't buy the bare 'it's in the comics' argument.

But if BB showed so in great detail why the secret identity was necessary, why ruin it?

BTW: How nice of Robin to call it "red" suit.

regarding Spidey 2 - revealing someone's face isn't the same as revealing their identity or name. No-one was any the wiser as to who Spider-Man was apart from the fact that he was "just some kid" with a description fitting thousands of New Yorkers. As long as no-one got a photo or knew Peter personally, he would be pretty darn safe.

in Spidey 3 on the other hand there were several occasions where someone could see him, especially in the last fight, it had total news-coverage for christ's sake! anybody with a decent camera could have zoomed in on him and snapped a photo. Then again, it is Spidey 3 we're talking about.

In my opinion,the answer is NO. and here's why:

In terms of being Batman, his purpose is to BE mysterious. So Batman should never reveal his identity anyone other than those who already know. This would really foster the working relationship.

If for some reason (as in BTAS : "The death of Batman/Batgirl", if Gordon should find out that Bruce is Batman, or should the police or whoever find out, then the character must be so distinguuished that no matter what, when it comes to crime or serious business, they see both Bruce Wayne & Batman as 'Batman'.

They should only 'see' Bruce Wayne or Batman as 'Bruce Wayne' in social functions or in private moments, say when Gordon or Harvey Bullock are hinting or mentioning (the conversation shouldn't be long like a chit chat) about some personal need or grievance or opinion looking upon him as a trust worthy confidant.

On the outset I think the question, is how on earth to distinguish Bruce from Bats whether or not in costume and how the police are going to keep quiet knowing the identity.

For serious Business, Batman must build his reputation, firmly affirm his attitude and never reveal his identity. This way, the Batman persona will stick and the vibe will announce to those who know, which persona they are interacting with.

As Bruce Wayne, he is seen as light hearted as normal and fun civilian playboy. People who know the dual identities and the working styles of both Bruce Wayne and Batman, would obviously be clear about his work attitude and its effectiveness.

Hence, they will also subconsciously distinguish Batman and Bruce wayne based on the situation, his attitude. This along with his not consciously revealing that he is Batman, will add to the total mystery that's:

As Batman in costume: "The powerful urban legend"
As Batman out of costume: "He is the Batman...he will know what to do,
but I'd rather approach Batman, than the civilian for help" or "Even as Bruce Wayne, he IS the Batman...he'll find a way to do all that Batman can, even without his costume or gadgets."

As Bruce Wayne in costume: "He's the Batman, the real deal, but I believe he'll understand what I am mentioning to him,...hey! and again, he's gone"
As Bruce Wayne out of Costume:"Ha, here comes the indutrialist, we can joke about the latest starlet on broadway".

To build this clear projection of attitude, he needs to establish his attitude and work effectiveness as Batman and Bruce Wayne seperately, to the point that nobody can accept that Batman and Bruce Wayne are the same person, even if they are out of costume and its physically obvious. Till this point, even the danger of being revealed should be taken care of.

Why would Batman have to wear a different colored suit every night?

WHAT? REVEAL TO GORDON HE'S BRUCE WAYNE?

ARE YOU A MAD?

or just a silly sausage?

I think they should only hint that Gordon knows but he shouldn't learn his identity.

Certain irony with this pic, given that at this point in Batman's career, i.e. the Beginning, that Alfred should be the only one to know of Wayne's alter-persona... unfortunately that is far from the case and a mistake of the first film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"