The Dark Knight Rises TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. I have a feeling I'll like Hardy's perfomance and consider it a major improvement over Bane's comic book/cartoon incarnations, but the public only seems to respond to showy iconic performances of already iconic characters.

Or his video game incarnation. Can you imagine the big fight scene between Bale and Hardy? Bane runs towards batman, but Batman steps out of the way and lets him smash into the wall instead.

That sounds very encouraging to hear. :up:

I want to love and appreciate both characters and portrayals by Tom and Anne (I say 'want' as I haven't seen the film yet), and I just hope others will too and look at each of them in their own separate lights rather than against each other.

This.

The last thing we need is another TDK situation.

Or his video game incarnation. Can you imagine the big fight scene between Bale and Hardy? Bane runs towards batman, but Batman steps out of the way and lets him smash into the wall instead.

Yeah, dont remind me lol.

Haha, on top of that I don't think Bale could do the backflips in that suit. :D

Honestly, it is harder, nay impossible, to portray the continuity of comic books since the villain's appear and disappear to then only reappear again. Same thing for super hero's.

This is the movies, why can't the comic nerds understand this? You can only cram so much into a movie.

The reason why Nolan has been so successful with the Batman series is because he really puts effort into the characters that came from the comics. He has serious actors and actresses to portray them as they should.

I'm very excited to see the movie and with how good the reviews are coming, it looks to TOP TDK.

Last edited:
Honestly, it is harder, nay impossible, to portray the continuity of comic books since the villain's appear and disappear to then only reappear again. Same thing for super hero's.

This is the movies, why can't the comic nerds understand this? You can only cram so much into a movie?

The reason why Nolan has been so successful with the Batman series is because he really puts effort into the characters that came from the comics. He has serious actors and actresses to portray them as they should.

I'm very excited to see the movie and with how good the reviews are coming, it looks to TOP TDK.

Exactly. And exactly why people should not worry about the ending! In the comic, Batman never reaches middle age and will ALWAYS be around. In the TRILOGY, we have a beginning, middle and END. The Joker won't come back 100 times, Gotham won't be destroyed 50 times......this is it, for THIS version of Batman. As someone said a few pages back, this may not be the EXACT comics Batman, but it has been the essence of the comics Batman, closer that the 4 movies that came before BEGINS.....enjoy it!!

And as far as 'The Batman' claiming that I'm doing "damage control" for TDKR..I want to again clarify that's not my intention whatsoever. If anything, I'm trying to use my opinion on the film to be a voice of reason in the midst of this mild panic regarding spoilers.

I look at this this way:

Did you like BB?
Did you like TDK?

You can substitute "like" with "love", but if you answered 'yes' to both, then I find it hard to believe you won't love TDKR. If you're cool with The League of Shadows training Bruce and giving him the means to become Batman, or The Joker creating Two-Face, or The Joker not being perma-white, or Batman taking the fall for Dent's crimes...nothing in TDKR should bother you. Your movie experience will most likely be quite awesome.

None of those things happened in the comics, and yet, (in my eyes at least) they worked. Again, not trying to preach, just offering my own opinions and comparisons.

Exactly. And exactly why people should not worry about the ending! In the comic, Batman never reaches middle age and will ALWAYS be around. In the TRILOGY, we have a beginning, middle and END. The Joker won't come back 100 times, Gotham won't be destroyed 50 times......this is it, for THIS version of Batman. As someone said a few pages back, this may not be the EXACT comics Batman, but it has been the essence of the comics Batman, closer that the 4 movies that came before BEGINS.....enjoy it!!

And that's not to imply that a more comic booky version of Batman can't be made into a successful film! I think it can, if done right. But this interpretation, to me, has gotten the closest to what Batman IS.

or his video game incarnation. Can you imagine the big fight scene between bale and hardy? Bane runs towards batman, but batman steps out of the way and lets him smash into the wall instead.

spoiler alert!!!

And as far as 'The Batman' claiming that I'm doing "damage control" for TDKR..I want to again clarify that's not my intention whatsoever. If anything, I'm trying to use my opinion on the film to be a voice of reason in the midst of this mild panic regarding spoilers.

I look at this this way:

Did you like BB?
Did you like TDK?

You can substitute "like" with "love", but if you answered 'yes' to both, then I find it hard to believe you won't love TDKR. If you're cool with The League of Shadows training Bruce and giving him the means to become Batman, or The Joker creating Two-Face, or The Joker not being perma-white, or Batman taking the fall for Dent's crimes...nothing in TDKR should bother you. Your movie experience will most likely be quite awesome.

None of those things happened in the comics, and yet, (in my eyes at least) they worked. Again, not trying to preach, just offering my own opinions and comparisons.

Yep.

We'll see how it plays out, but I'll take all of those things over the Joker murdering the Wayne's and Batman and Robin on ice skates!

If you haven't figured out by now that Nolan's take on Batman will never actually evolve into the comics version where he fights a colorful rogues gallery until the end of time, then I don't know what else to say.

I'm not as a big a fan of Nolan's take just because I do want a more literal take on my villains, but at the same time I can recognize the talent that went into creating this world.

Plus, regarding the ending, if you need it to be "comic booky", well, Blake is basically Robin without (I think) being called Robin, so he'd be bestowed the mantle anyway!

I look at this this way:

Did you like BB?
Did you like TDK?

Exactly.

I LOVED both films.

Hi all, I've been lurking for a while a finally decided to join in. I haven't read the spoilers specifically but I'm enjoying theShape's insight into the movie. Can't wait to see it myself!

@theShape: When you say that Bane has a few more scenes than Catwoman, is that just related to Selina's costumed persona, or both her screen time as Selina and Catwoman? If so I assume he's on screen a good bit more than the Joker was on TDK.

Shape in your opinion, what we the best part of the movie? Be it a character or a specific scene? Who was the scene stealer in the way ledger was in TDK, if there even was one equivalent in TDKR. This is totally your opinion

theShape has me so intrigued.......

God I wanna know what is in this flick!

-R

Well, now the French Reviewer is coming over here as well. Could be a long night lol

One odd detail I keep fixating on is that I love that Nolan has taken such a realistic approach to the physical toll that being the Batman would take on a person. The tv spot with Thomas Lennon as the Dr. made my week. People are complaining about the total amount of time Batman was active, but Nolan's approach seems extremely real to me.

aha, maybe we'll actually get some straight answers from the french person! no offense to TheShape, you've been awesome and respectful to your beliefs, but we hang around a spoiler thread for a reason. Some of us probably wont be able to see this movie at the cinema because of circumstances beyond our control, and I for one just want to know the story and how it all ties up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"