The Dark Knight Rises TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
HopeOfTheFuture

escaping the pit -
talia jumped over the gap without the safety rope. bruce did the same after one of the prisoner told him talia's story.

Spuzz

the bald child -
her mother fell in love with a soldier. her father a warlord because of this sentenced the soldier to the pit. late the woman pleaded? so that herself got sent to the pit instead. at that time she already pregnant with talia.

Oh cool! So what happens to Talia's mother? Does she die giving birth to Talia while in prison?

First of all, I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread for this. I saw the 'reviews and reactions' thread but that was full of reviews from critics and there's the no discussion/no spoilers ones. I was about to post this in the general discussion thread then I noticed the 'no spoilers' in the title.

Anyway...

I just came back from the midnight screening and I loved the film.
The ending (in my opinion) is perfect for Nolan's Batman.

Things I liked:
- Liam Neeson's cameo
- Sewer fight.
- The ending
- Bruce leaving the equipment for John Blake to find the Batcave.

Things I didn't like:
- Cillian Murphy was just Jonathan Crane, not Scarecrow.
- Changes to Robin.
- I'm not really a fan of the Bat.
- Voices of Bane and Batman (I actually preferred Batman's voice in TDK)

Can someone who has seen it please explain
all of the john blake/robin stuff? I want to know if there are any hints or anything regarding him becoming robin. or even the fate of his character.
there are too many pages and spoilers to go through and I dont want to read any of them because all I want to be spoiled on is this. thank you :yay:

Last edited:
Can someone who has seen it please explain
all of the john blake/robin stuff? I want to know if there are any hints or anything regarding him becoming robin. or even the fate of his character.
thank you :yay:

John Blake's parents died and apparently he became an angry boy. His foster parents sent him to an orphanage and when Bruce came the orphanage, he figured out who he really was because of the look he had on his face, the same look he (Blake) taught himself to hide his anger.

Throughout the movie, he is Batman's contact and helps Bruce get home when his car is taken. Also, he is promoted by Gordon and is sent to investigate John Daggett.

In the end, Bruce leaves a bag for John Blake (whose legal name is revealed to be Robin) with equipment to find the Batcave. He finds the waterfall, enters the Batcave and the platform rises, hinting that he will become Gotham's new guardian.

Last edited:
If Talia was the one who escaped the prison as a youth, how the hell did Bane get out?

has anyone just laid the blueprints of the plot out yet?

AH, OK. But then

Ra's casts Bane out of the league for being an animal or whatever?

AH, OK. But then

Ra's casts Bane out of the league for being an animal or whatever?

I think he may have been cast out because of what happened to him in the prison. Ra's al Ghul may have considered it a weakness or something.

Unless, of course it was explained in the film. I may have missed out the reason...

Do we need to hide spoilers? The title does say SPOILERS, read at your own risk...

I think you have to hide them because people may want some spoilers but not others. Like some people want general plot points but not the ending.

Noted.

Random but I love it when...
Batman and Selina are on the rooftop, he looks a way for a second, turns back and she's gone. "So that's what it feels like."

What do you mean, like a quick rundown of the plot?

right before TDK came out, someone started a thread and just laid the entire movie from A to Z out for those of us whom like it ruined beforehand. Has anyone did anything like that? like a big couple paragraph long movie spoiler?

These are the biggest spoilers ever! READ THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Catwoman kills Bane
Marion Cotillard (Miranda Tate) is Talia al Ghul, she is trying to destroy Gotham (like her father)
It is implied that John Blake (JGL) eventually becomes Robin
Bruce Wayne fakes his own death.

Last edited:
I saw the movie last night so I'm trying my best to recall all the events that happened. Bear with me!

SPOILER SUMMARY PART 1

Movie starts with Bane hijacking a plane to extract a scientist named Dr. Pavel. Six months later in Gotham City, it is the 8 year anniversary of the death of Harvey Dent. A celebration is held at Wayne Manor. The mayor gives a speech about how the Harvey Dent Act has kept the streets of Gotham clean. Gordon goes up to give a speech but can't start because only he knows what really happened that night 8 years ago. There hasn't been a sighting of the Batman since that night. Bruce Wayne has also been a recluse at Wayne Manor, rarely stepping out into the world.

Meanwhile, Selina Kyle is dressed as a maid at Wayne Manor at the celebration. She goes in to a room where she steals Bruce's mother's necklace. Bruce catches her, but she escapes. He finds out that she didn't break in for the necklace (that was a plus) but to get his fingerprints. For what reason?

Gordon and a new cop named John Blake move in on an transaction that is taking place between Selina Kyle and one of Bane's business partners. Selina escapes and Gordon follows Bane's men into the sewers where he uncovers a huge army. Gordon escapes but is shot in the leg.

John Blake drives to Wayne Manor to meet with Bruce Wayne. He tells Bruce that the Batman must come back. He reveals that he knows Bruce's true identity. John was an orphan, his parents were killed and his foster parents gave him to a orphanage. Bruce funded a boys program in which John was a part of and visited once. John says that he gazed at Bruce, and knew that buried underneath that playboy exterior was the same anger and pain that John was feeling. Right then, he knew who Bruce really was. He then explains to Bruce what is taking place under Gotham with Bane and his army.

Bruce goes to the doctor at the same hospital where Gordon is staying at. He sneaks into the room with a mask on, and Gordon pleads with him to bring the Batman back.

Alfred and Bruce do more research about Bane and find out he was also a part of the League of Shadows but was cast out by Ra's Al Ghul.

Last edited:
i havent seen theses threads this crazy since x-men the last stand haha

SPOILER SUMMARY PART 2

Bruce now wants to get back into action. Lucius Fox shows him a new gadget that he's developed.

Bane attacks the Gotham Stock Exchange with his men and run a program that will initiate a transaction of some sort. They escape and flee the authorities and are being chased when Batman returns on his Batpod. The entire police force switches from chasing Bane to trying to apprehend Batman. (Note: It looked as if every single cop car in Gotham City was chasing him!)

Batman flies away in the Bat and tracks down Catwoman, who is trying to steal a device from one of Bane's associates. The device allows you to wipe away all records and information about a person. Turns out Selina Kyle just wants to disappear and start anew. Batman questions Catwoman about why Bruce Wayne's prints were stolen and finds out Bane wanted them. She disappears before he could say more.

Alfred confronts Bruce and begs him to stop the Batman thing. He can't watch as Bruce begins to slip away again and he doesn't want to be involved in Bruce's potential death. The two part ways and Alfred disappears from Wayne Manor.

(This part I'm a bit hazy and I'll need to watch it again to understand fully) Wayne Enterprises tanks and Bruce Wayne has gone bankrupt as a supposed bad transaction or deal was made. Turns out they used Bruce's fingerprints to approve the soured deal. A rich Wayne Enterprise business partner named Miranda Tate comes to help support the company. They had a prior business relationship that went bad as Bruce invested a lot of money on a renewable energy machine, but she has decided to extend good favor to him.

Bruce goes to Selina Kyle's place and tells her that the Batman wants to meet with Bane. Batman meets Catwoman in the subway but she traps him in the sewer area with Bane and no escape. Batman and Bane fight each other, and Batman is completely outmatched. Bane knows all about theatricality and deception and defeats Batman. He ends the fight by breaking his back and repeatedly punching his mask till it cracks.

Last edited:
right before TDK came out, someone started a thread and just laid the entire movie from A to Z out for those of us whom like it ruined beforehand. Has anyone did anything like that? like a big couple paragraph long movie spoiler?

tumblr_lc293dIRKY1qd5zbdo1_500.png

Builds on what East District has posted. This is not the entire movie but covers quite a bit. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

- While following the people who allegedly kidnapped a person of interest (senator or something, someone correct me) Gordon's men are killed and Gordon is knocked out and taken to Bane. Bane's merc takes the 'Truth about Harvey Dent' speech from Gordon and gives it to Bane. While they are distracted, Gordon rolls into the water and gets away but I think he's shot, hence the reason he is hospitalized.

- John Blake goes to Wayne Manor, he tells Bruce "He needs you. He needs the Batman." and tells him how he figured it out.

- Bane and his men attack the stock exchange place and that's when Batman returns.

- Batman chases down Bane's men, there's a shot of him performing a takedown on one of the mercs on a bike. Meanwhile in a police car, Foley says that he will do something Gordon wasn't able to do, which is catch the Batman.
Back on the streets, Bane decides to head back, the police ignore him because they're focused on Batman and he gets away. Batman uses the Batpod to stop the last merc, grabs the merc and punches his helmet then inspects the iPad device. The police arrive and try to arrest him but he shoots at a trailer thing that holds cars for transport (not sure what they're called...) to create a ramp and escapes but the police continue to pursue him. Police cars block his way and he enters an alley.
The police wait for him to come out but instead the Bat comes out and flies off. They are unable to continue their pursue.

- Meanwhile (during the police chase) Selina Kyle is breaking into John Dagget's safe for the magic 'erase my history' thing. She finds nothing and grabs Daggett. She asks (euphemism) him where it is but Daggett tells her it doesn't exist.

- Bane's mercs surround Selina. She's holding Daggett hostage and tells them she's not bluffing (about killing him) when Batman appears and says "They know. They just don't care.) They fight until the mercs start firing and Bane arrives. "This isn't a car" scene leads to Batman and Selina on a rooftop. Batman asks what she did with Bruce Wayne's finger prints when a helicopter comes along. Batman looks away for a second and when he turns back Selina is gone. "So that's what it feels like."

- Bruce visits Selina and tells her that his friend (Batman) wants to meet because he thinks she knows where to find Bane. Leads to the 'Don't be shy...' and 'He's behind you. Who? Me.' scene.

- Selina leads Batman intro a trap (the sewer scene) where Selina learns that Bats is Bruce Wayne. Batman is beaten by Bane and his back is broken. Bane is brutal in this scene.

- During the fight Bane sets off explosives, one of the camo Tumblers drops down and it is revealed that they are underneath Wayne Enterprises R&D.

- Bruce's back is broken and he is dragged in the desert and taken to the prison.

- Meanwhile in Gotham, John Blake is looking for Bruce Wayne when he sees Selina leaving for the airport. He intercepts her leading to the 'Girl's gotta eat. And you have an appetite.' scene.

- Football stadium scene.

- Bane outside Blackgate where all the criminals have been locked up with parole due to the Harvey Dent act against organized crime. He reads Gordon's speech (the one he didn't read in the beginning) and frees the inmates.

- Bruce in the prison scenes. These scenes (fixing his back, trying to climb up first time, second time, etc) is split up between scenes happening in Gotham.

The person taking care of Bruce wraps rope around his chest, stands him up (he's in a lot of pain) and hits his back or something. He passes out and Ra's appears in his dream. He tries to escape by climbing up two or three times but fails. He eventually escapes and returns to Gotham.

- He first appears to Selina Kyle after she saves the kid who stole an apple and gives her the clean slate device. In return he asks to be taken to Lucius Fox.

- In the last hour it is revealed that Miranda Tate is Talia al Ghul. She tells Batman that she came to Gotham to complete her father's plans.

- Ra's al Ghul was a mercenary who worked for a warlord and feel in love with the warlord's daughter. The warlord found out and was going to throw Ra's in the prison but instead was exiled and his lover was sent to the prison instead.

- Miranda/Talia's mother was pregnant when she was thrown in and gave birth to her in the prison.

- The mother was eventually killed because someone forgot to lock the door to her cell, a man protected Talia while her mother when her mother was taken by other prisoners.

- The man helped Talia escape the prison but was then attacked by the other prisoners. Before the prisoners were able to take him, he was able to remove his remove his cloth and said goodbye.

- Talia returns with Ra's al Ghul and the League to save Bane.

- Gordon speaks at Bruce's funeral. John Blake, Lucius Fox and Alfred are also present. Alfred cries because he believes that he failed the Waynes.

- It is revealed that Bruce Wayne fixed the autopilot of the Bat and faked his death. We see Alfred at a cafe in (I think) Florence where he sees Bruce and Selina. They nod and smile at each other but don't say anything.

- The last scene is centred around John Blake. His legal name is revealed to include 'Robin' and Bruce leaves (what I think was) a GPS device. John finds the waterfall and enters the Batcave The platform rises hinting that he may become Gotham's new guardian. Cue title card and credits.

I really don't see why they couldn't have just made [blackout]John Blake's[/blackout] name [blackout]Dick Grayson[/blackout]. It would have made this perfect for me. I appreciate the nod to the character but it will always seem like a foul ball and not the homerun it could have been.

-R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"