The Dark Knight Rises TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Bane: So you came back to die with your city.

Batman: No, I came back to fake my own death, abscond to Italy with a woman who is a wanted fugitive and leave Gotham in the hands of a young hothead cop who appears to be amazingly unqualified to take up the Batman mantle and protect the city like I did. I also intend to not tell any of my plan to my surrogate father and let him believe he's partly responsible for my death.

Bane: .....You're kind of a dick, aren't you?

lol, I like this. Here's a few exchanges, that highlight what represents, to me, a problem with how Bruce was written in this trilogy:

Bruce: my parents were killed in front of me...think I'll go steal Wayne enterprise stuff in asia for a while
Thief: dude you're messed up...shouldn't you be travelling and learning stuff?

Ra's: M Wayne, you could be more than a man
Bruce: yeah like what?
Ra's: a legend
Bruce: ha.

Alferd: here's how you could get the ears for the cowl and not raise suspicion.
Bruce: ok

Lucious: Here are gadgets and stuff.
Bruce: cool. does it come...
Lucious: no it does not. here's some spray paint.

Lucious: I got this suit lying around
Bruce: can I spray paint that?
Lucious: is pray paint your answer to everything?
Bruce: (...spray paints Lucious's face and runs away)

and that's form someone who loves BB by the way! Its just that Bruce relied HEAVILY on the people around him to get what he needed and move the story forward.

Bane: When Gotham is ashes....you have my permission to die.

Bruce: Why are you being so dramatic with that line? You sound like a Bond villain.

Bane: It's for the trailer, I have to make it sound more epic.

Bane: GRGHEWRFUWEOFHOUWDFHOWUCFHVOUERHGONTYWJJATGEWGERT!

Batman: What?

Bane: GFGSDFGWERGEWGWERGWEGEGWEG!

Batman: Dude, I can't understand your accent.

(To clarify, I have no problem with his voice)

Hey guys I've been debating with a few friends for a while as to what the significance of Miranda Tate's scar is in the Dark Knight Rises. Personally, I believe they just showed the scar to let the audience know that she has a past and is possibly not to be trusted. My friends seem to think that it's the symbol of the League of Shadows. I would really appreciate your opinions. What do you guys think?

2807_10151003537511325_2076647970_n.jpg
10 Things I Hate About You............

You know, I gotta say I loved the movie. The ending was great, Batman's "sacrifice", Blake finding the cave, the passing of the torch. A new man to take up a symbol for the people of Gotham. Loved it. I've seen a lot of complaints on here, and the only one I can say I truly have is how they threw Blakes "real name" in there. Adding Robin just for the sake of saying it, even as a nod to the comics, felt incredibly forced and was completely unneccesary in my opinion.

Okay maybe this is way of topic, but as the Blu Ray release inches closer I have begun to dissect the movie again. So in the car Bruce talks to Blake. Bruce says to Blake, " Batman could be anybody. That was the point." So in the end of the movie he hands the reigns to an inexperienced cop who can't even "clear the corners" and whose big action finale in the movie is taking kids off and on a school bus! So in The Dark Knight a group of well-meaning citizens take on the symbol of Batman. They attempt to take on the Scarecrow and the chechins. Batman for some reason attacks all of these men who are doing the exact same thing that Blake will be doing. One of them states, "We're trying to help you!" Bruce says he doesn't need their help and states that he has the right to do what he is doing because, "Iiiiiii'mmmmmm noooooot wearingggg hockey pahhhds!" In Batman Begins Rachel says to Bruce, "and then I found out about your mask." Bruce says "Batman is just a symbol." To which Rachel says that his real face is that of Batman. Okay the WHOLE freaking idea behind TDKR is that the symbol of batman will carry on without Bruce and that it will inspire the people of Gotham. The symbol can also be taken up by anyone because what really matters is the symbol and not the person. Now why the hell does Bruce get mad in the beginning of TDK when those other men do the exact thing he wants people to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? He even states in TDK "That wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I said I wanted to inspire people." This makes no freaking sense!!!! I'm having like a meltdown over here because this makes no sense. Please someone explain this to me! The first movie basically says Bruce is Batman and the symbolism behind "batman" whether he died or whatever, would inspire people to take back their city. So Bruce=Batman. End of story! Then other people take on the symbol of Batman because they are inspired by him. Bruce doesn't like this. "That wasn't what he meant." So he wants the Batman persona gone so that Harvey can be a real hero that people can look toward. Okay we're fine here. Then the third movie comes around and now it totally makes sense for some kid with no experience, not even real experience as a cop, to be Batman!!!? The whole idea of what, why, and how of Batman now makes no sense. What is going on?
Ps- John Blake spends the end of the movie getting his butt kicked and riding on a school bus!

Those Batmen in TDK were vigilantes with guns, much closer to The Punisher than Batman. And indeed, that's not what Batman meant when he said he wanted to inspire people. Blake, whatever path he may take, will never go on a criminal-killing-spree, as he's shown visibly disgusted when he accidentally kills those two construction guys.

I think it is pretty clear that he wasn't against the copy cats because they were "vigilantes" he was against them because that was not the point of why he was batman and he was against a bunch of citizens trying to do what he does because they just can't. The point was to inspire the PEOPLE to "take back their city from the criminals and the corrupt." He kind of laughs when he is talking about the copy cats with Alfred. "That wasn't what I meant when I said I wanted to inspire people." There is zero evidence before TDKR that he wanted someone else to adopt the symbol.All evidence points to the fact that he wanted no one to do it and that he in fact wanted a city that didn't need a batman. We can all make up these reasons and kind of interject our own theories but the reality is that it makes no sense! Blake is just as untrained as the copy cats were. They actually seemed tougher and dealt with a whole group of thugs for the most part. So he is given a nice computer and presumably the bat suit and now he is batman? That was never the point of batman! It just plain and simply does not make sense.

I think it is pretty clear that he wasn't against the copy cats because they were "vigilantes" he was against them because that was not the point of why he was batman and he was against a bunch of citizens trying to do what he does because they just can't.

Why is it pretty clear? The hockeypads line? Yes, I agree that they certainly weren't prepared, but that lack of preparation is what leads them to use guns to fight crime, which is not at all what Bruce interned. A big theme in Begins is the argument of vigilante (a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification) and a symbol meant to inspire people. The copycats in TDK are just an extension of that theme and serve as a direct contradiction to Harvey Dent, who is also inspired by Batman but doesn't become a gun-wielding vigilante (well, until the Joker gets involved).

The point was to inspire the PEOPLE to "take back their city from the criminals and the corrupt." He kind of laughs when he is talking about the copy cats with Alfred. "That wasn't what I meant when I said I wanted to inspire people." There is zero evidence before TDKR that he wanted someone else to adopt the symbol.All evidence points to the fact that he wanted no one to do it and that he in fact wanted a city that didn't need a batman. We can all make up these reasons and kind of interject our own theories but the reality is that it makes no sense!

First, Bruce laughs because Alfred had just made a joke: "Why don't you hire them and take the weekend off."

Second, zero evidence? Harvey Dent? Bruce sees him as someone who can carry on the symbol. Even Harvey himself says "Batman is looking for someone to take up his mantle." That doesn't mean that he's going to go put on the suit (and we don't know if Blake will either), it means he's going to become the symbol that will inspire the people of Gotham to take their city back from the criminals and the corrupt. The symbol of Batman in this trilogy is not about pointy ears and a cape, it's about being someone who can inspire a sense of justice in the people of Gotham. Dent can do that. Blake can do that. Masked men with guns cannot.

Blake is just as untrained as the copy cats were. They actually seemed tougher and dealt with a whole group of thugs for the most part. So he is given a nice computer and presumably the bat suit and now he is batman? That was never the point of batman! It just plain and simply does not make sense.

Think back to one of the pivotal scenes of Batman Begins

Ra's: Anger does not change the fact that your father failed to act.
Bruce: The man had a gun!
Ra's: Would that stop you?
Bruce: I've had training.
Ra's: The training is nothing, the will is everything. The will to act.

That's what Blake has. He has the will to act. He doesn't have Bruce's training, no, but the training is secondary. The point of Batman is not about taking out a bunch of thugs in a fist fight, it's about inspiring people. Blake has the will to do that, as shown by the fact that he attempts to inspire the bridge guards to let them pass, despite knowing full-well they might shoot him dead. And more importantly, he has seen that he can't inspire them within the confines the law, as the rules become shackles.

*sharp intake of breathe*

watched it last night and was excited to see it ..... but terrible i came away from it FRUSTRATED!

a LOT of things were great about it ..... the acting, scenarios, effects and the main storyline was excellent!

but a LOT of things were wrong with it too ..... notably the style of editing they used! now they use it in the previous movies to great effect, but some of the cuts were quite frankly AMATEURISH! especially the cut for the cops being rescued from the tunnel, it simply cuts from the explostion to create the hole in the barracade, to them halfway out already which made it very disconcerting to me! ..... to the fact that the reveal of "the bat" was RUINED by a mid-cut as it came out of the shadows (surprising because the same scenario with the tumbler in BB) ..... but the worst one was the reveal of john blake's "other" name ..... barely felt like a big thing, and could have easily been missed by viewers! add selina kyles entrance on the batpod at the end, she just APPEARS there (and i literally THREW my arms out in frustration at that) and who was that other woman with selina? NO BACK STORY for either her, selina or john blake!

there's also a big problem with key scenes not being DRAMATIC ENOUGH! the plane rescue at the beginning just didn't have enough in it, and at the end i asked myself "is that it?" and the whole "bat break" scene at the end of their fight just fell flat ..... like batman did on the cold hard floor LOL also the THREE month "kayfabe" wait, from when bane takes over gotham and the end in winter? was that a "end of the world" take perhaps?

oh and there's the whole IMAX thing ..... the screen formatting was used to GREAT effect in TRON LEGACY, but used sparingly ..... but the timings in TDKR was almost random and felt like too much of the movie was done like this!

another problem was the multiple story threads ..... perhaps to the writers maybe ..... maybe ..... and that leads to this one ..... like BREAKING DAWN did and TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON should have been, maybe the third and most epic of the trilogy could have been made into TWO parts? to give the above mentioned characters some sort of backstory, and to spread out the story (maybe have bruce getting dumped in the uzbekh prison the end of part one? as we got a tremendous one for bane .....

not bad as in terrible, but trying to fit in such an epic story into even a tad shy of three hours, might have been too much for the creators ..... and the thing to finally break the batmans back!

BUT NOT ONCE AND FOR ALL .....

but the dark knight rises is the WORST of the modern batman movies for me, and that's very dissapointing

lol, I like this. Here's a few exchanges, that highlight what represents, to me, a problem with how Bruce was written in this trilogy:

Bruce: my parents were killed in front of me...think I'll go steal Wayne enterprise stuff in asia for a while
Thief: dude you're messed up...shouldn't you be travelling and learning stuff?

Ra's: M Wayne, you could be more than a man
Bruce: yeah like what?
Ra's: a legend
Bruce: ha.

Alferd: here's how you could get the ears for the cowl and not raise suspicion.
Bruce: ok

Lucious: Here are gadgets and stuff.
Bruce: cool. does it come...
Lucious: no it does not. here's some spray paint.

Lucious: I got this suit lying around
Bruce: can I spray paint that?
Lucious: is pray paint your answer to everything?
Bruce: (...spray paints Lucious's face and runs away)

and that's form someone who loves BB by the way! Its just that Bruce relied HEAVILY on the people around him to get what he needed and move the story forward.
:pal:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"