The Dark Knight Rises TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its to show his brilliance. Bane simply figured it out

Also I dont agree with people who don't think Blake becomes Batman the clues are in the film Bruce tells him he should wear a mask, Batman says that anyone could be Batman and the fact he finds the cave. I mean if people want to believe he becomes Nightwing or something fine but I think he takes over the Atman mantle.

Yes Bruce lives. Alfred fantasy isnt about Bruce and Selina its Bruce settling down with a woman and living in peace

Then why have the woman turn around and show it's Selina? In the first fantasy he told Bruce about the Bruce in the fantasy has his back to him and then turns around and it's not Bruce. In this one he's facing him and Selina turns around. Why show a woman's face at all?

That's my opinion too but since Alfred told Bruce that he always goes there at a certain time of the year I thought maybe that was Bruce and Selina there. This fantasy makes it look like Alfred went nuts.
It IS Bruce and Selina there. it isnt a fantasy at the end its reality Bruce just wanted Alfred to live out his fantasy he told him about earlier in the movie. Its not a dream which from what you said it seems your took it as

Anyone else think the Tate/Bruce love scene came out of left field?

Not at all. Bruce feeling weak and
talia being manipulative and just gaining his trust even more, taken advantage of his weakness.
I was fine with it

Anyone else think the Tate/Bruce love scene came out of left field?

No she seduced him when he was most vulnerable [blackout]Bruce had just lost his billionaire fortune, his relationship with Alfred had fallen to pieces and he hadn't been with a woman since Rachel during his 8 year exile.[/blackout] She also used that to gain his support to find the nuclear device.

Bruce was put an impossible situation as Dagget hired Bane to steal Bruce's money so he could claim Wayne Enterprise for himself and therefore own Gotham . Bruce trusted Tate to be an ally that would prevent Dagget from using the device.

It IS Bruce and Selina there. it isnt a fantasy at the end its reality Bruce just wanted Alfred to live out his fantasy he told him about earlier in the movie. Its not a dream which from what you said it seems your took it as

No. I didn't think it was a dream. Your answer about it being Alfred's fantasy made me think you did. Sorry. Fantasy or not, Alfred saw Bruce alive. I expected a little more reaction from Alfred...unless he was aware of it when he was crying at the funeral. Even a wink from Bruce when they made eye contact would have been nice.

The Bruce/Tate love scene made sense to me. Tate needs Bruce to fully trust her so she can take over his company and get full access to the reactor. So she goes to see him at his house, they get all wet & sexy, she probably knows exactly who Rachel is, and she takes advantage of him. Now they're all lovey-dovey and
he has no reason to suspect that she would be a part of Bane's craziness.

It totally did for me because
It happened right after Alfred told Bruce about Rachel. One second Bruce can't love another woman, then next, he's hookin up with the first girl he sees. It was a bit strange.

Exactly. I get that he was hurting and probably looking for some lovin', but they had exchanged probably 5 sentences together, then they get caught in the rain, Bruce puts a blanket over her wet body super-sensually and then they get to it. I guess you're supposed to feel that Tate was "easy" because she was using him
as Talia
and Bruce was hurting/looking for a friend because he found out the truth about Rachel. Poor execution regardless though IMO.

Yup. Looking back, there were WAY too many instances where I was left like

garycoleman-wtf.gif

Me too, sadly. I think another 30 minutes could have really helped the film.

Also I dont agree with people who don't think Blake becomes Batman the clues are in the film Bruce tells him he should wear a mask, Batman says that anyone could be Batman and the fact he finds the cave. I mean if people want to believe he becomes Nightwing or something fine but I think he takes over the Atman mantle.

I totally think he does, and it would make sense with the themes and points made throughout the film and series for that matter, but the "Robin" nod completely threw me off, and still does. It seems so unnecessary to me.

No. I didn't think it was a dream. Your answer about it being Alfred's fantasy made me think you did. Sorry. Fantasy or not, Alfred saw Bruce alive. I expected a little more reaction from Alfred...unless he was aware of it when he was crying at the funeral.
haha sorry for the confusion. I think the reaction was fine Alfred got the closure he wanted with Bruce It happened the way he wanted it to without them talking just knowing that everything was alright

I've seen it twice now.
And for those that have seen it.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. but the logic of Banes plan, thus the films main plot, if scrutinized doesnt hold up.

So Bane instigates a revolution, flipping society on its head. Then holds Gotham to seige by threatening Gotham's destruction with the fusion reactor if the outside world tries to interfere. This works for me. It was handled well.
But its "ticking" time bomb added to this that doesnt hold up.
So with this, we are to understand that regardless, Bane and Talia planned to blow up gotham. with them in it.
They were going to die as well.
Both Bane and Talia were in city hall. Talia even pressed the button, which wouldve instantly killed everyone there. Then she pursues the truck to stop Gordon from deactivating it.

If they were going to die as well. Why didnt they detonate the bomb the moment Batmans return was made evident? [the burning bat symbol]. or as soon as they saw that the cops had been freed and the "war" was going to begin?
Or go even further and why not detonate the bomb a month or so after Banes revolution?
If Banes revolution was only a ruse or a statement. He made it.

It only makes sense that they didnt detonate the bomb if they planned on NOT being in the blast radius and surviving, which according to the films events and their location, they obviously were commited to dying along with the rest of Gotham.
Its illogical.

I thought the movie rocked. no doubt. but its flawed. and there are events or story arcs that couldve been handled better.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that it is a superhero movie with villians. Where they want the hero to know what he did to make them want to destroy the city the way that they did....you know, like any other movie with a bad guy. :dry:

Also, to those complaining about how he got back to Gotham. He flew. He got there somehow. In a jet of some type. WHO CARES?! Do you really want them to add 20 minutes on of him figuring out travel arrangements? What a waste of time!

And I think someone posted that it was illogical for him to get the bat to him because "he didn't know where he was". Really? He couldn't have walked a few miles found a human being and figured it out? I guess my biggest gripe with you all is, why does it matter how these things transpired? This is something that simply does not need to be in the movie. He got there. Drop it.

Nitpicking every single thing....

Personally, I would rather a reboot than to go forward with a new Batman or a Nightwing or Robin. To me this was Chris Nolan's take on the entire Batman and Bruce Wayne story and he left us with a hint about what could continue in that world. It would make no sense for Batman to come out of retirement at his age with his knees. I don't think Christian Bale will do it either. Maybe it the did The Dark Knight Returns with his as an old man duking it out with Superman in his exo suit. Other than that, let's reboot.

I must've been in another world when this happened but...
how did Bane deduce that Bruce was Batman? I understand Bane was in the LOS... just through putting pieces together? Observation?

My thoughts are that it is a superhero movie with villians. Where they want the hero to know what he did to make them want to destroy the city the way that they did....you know, like any other movie with a bad guy. :dry:

Also, to those complaining about how he got back to Gotham. He flew. He got there somehow. In a jet of some type. WHO CARES?! Do you really want them to add 20 minutes on of him figuring out travel arrangements? What a waste of time!

And I think someone posted that it was illogical for him to get the bat to him because "he didn't know where he was". Really? He couldn't have walked a few miles found a human being and figured it out? I guess my biggest gripe with you all is, why does it matter how these things transpired? This is something that simply does not need to be in the movie. He got there. Drop it.

Nitpicking every single thing....

People just nitpick the hell out of every little thing. And like I keep saying people don't use their imaginations a little bit. They just want everything to be shown on the screen and want an explanation for every single little thing. No fun in that for me. This is why out of my friends I pretty much enjoy every movie I see. I don't criticize nitpick and look for negatives. I enjoy every movie and get immersed, take what's given to me and use my imagination to fill in the other gaps.

how did Bane deduce that Bruce was Batman? I understand Bane was in the LOS... just through putting pieces together? Observation?

Ras probably told him or Talia about it.

I think Banes smart enough to figure out though putting pieces together who he was. It seemed like everyone else knew (Ras, Blake ) so it must not be that hard to figure out.

Question to those that have watched this. Aside from the nod to Robin, is there any other nods to characters from the comic books? Such as any hint of Harley Quinn? The Penguin? Anything? I read something about Crocodiles in the water being in reference to Killer Croc?
There's a reference to killer croc

Talia is know for being able to manipulate as well as lower Bruce's defence.

batman-son-of-the-demon-pg331.jpg

Last edited:
Two questions...

Is John Blake the boy who was at the balcony in Batman Beggins when batman gives to him the gadget? (the same with Rachel at the gas attack?)

How old is John Blake?, assuming that he watched Wayne's visits to the orphan house and also that he probably was 17 or almost 18, must be 8 years older, lets say 24-26 years... Isn't old to be Robin and according with Nolan. Robin at Batman Begins was in the cradle.

I think that Nolan mess it great introducing Robin. My personal comment is that it should have been Azrael...

It totally did for me because
It happened right after Alfred told Bruce about Rachel. One second Bruce can't love another woman, then next, he's hookin up with the first girl he sees. It was a bit strange.

it was sex not love

wow, everything in the movie flew by! Is it me or did it seam like it needed 30-45 more minutes? 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"