TDKR vs Civil War

Genuinely surprised at how close the vote is. Overestimated the loud minority of TDKR critics.

Genuinely surprised at how close the vote is. Overestimated the loud minority of TDKR critics.

I'm strongly convinced that movies involving certain characters and certain directors simply inspire more controversy than others. That's why a movie who probably pleased 90% of the audience feels like it only pleased around 40%, if you spend a couple of hours reading comments on the internet. I honestly don't think people react the same way to every character and director.

I noticed this as well. Around 1:30am this morning when I last looked at the poll, CW was in a commanding lead. How convenient that the poll jumped like 20-30 points in a matter of hours :funny:

Yes, it seems pretty obvious what's going on.

CW..... I really loved Batman Begins and TDK are one of my favorite CBMs....TDKR ruined everything. Although Bane was done well....that's about it

I'm strongly convinced that movies involving certain characters and certain directors simply inspire more controversy than others. That's why a movie who probably pleased 90% of the audience feels like it only pleased around 40%, if you spend a couple of hours reading comments on the internet. I honestly don't think people react the same way to every character and director.

We comic fans are a small minority of the general audience, but for some reason in the online fan community, people have adopted the attitude that TDKR was a bad film, and even further, try to propogate the idea that the critics and general public recieved it poorly which just isn't true. The film was very well received and the general public largely enjoyed it. It has its problems, sure, but is still solid.

My biggest issue was that I didn't feel Nolan's bat films were ready, or had earned doing a Returns influenced story with an aging Batman. He was still a rookie in TDK and then they jumped to doing his end game. I would have liked at least one more film in there.

I still think civil war is a better film. It's not perfect either, but at the end of the day it's a great ense5piece that manages to have more relatable and human characters that are easier to connect with than TDKR.

Last edited:
there's no denying critics and most audiences liked TDKR
but that doesn't mean I back off my position that it was a bad film, bad movies do well all the time
as the wrap-up of certain themes of the trilogy it was okay, but on its own merits it was terrible (imo of course)

there's no denying critics and most audiences liked TDKR
but that doesn't mean I back off my position that it was a bad film, bad movies do well all the time
as the wrap-up of certain themes of the trilogy it was okay, but on its own merits it was terrible (imo of course)

If you think TDKR is terrible, you must only watch incredible films. It's not perfect, and it has many issues. I could easily nitpick it to death, but it's still easily in the top tier of comic films. It's cinematography and acting alone do that.

It's the Return of the Jedi of the Nolan trilogy, a flawed, yet overall emotionally satisfying conclusion.

I'm wondering that too. Are they insinuating Kobra or someone else created a bunch if fake accounts to swing the vote or something?
Last night the votes for TDKR were substantially lower than CW by around 25-30 points. I wake up and see this thread, TDKR is in the lead and the newest user (Bresa, 0 posts, joined today) was viewing this thread and the votes were slightly in favor of TDKR. Sorry, but in my decade of being active here, that sort of thing doesn't happen.

Last night the votes for TDKR were substantially lower than CW by around 25-30 points. I wake up and see this thread, TDKR is in the lead and the newest user (Bresa, 0 posts, joined today) was viewing this thread and the votes were slightly in favor of TDKR. Sorry, but in my decade of being active here, that sort of thing doesn't happen.
Ah. That does seem fishy. But hey, if people want to put that much energy into rigging an online poll that doesn't mean anything, be my guest I suppose. I don't have time for that kind of thing.

Last edited:
Get a moderator to check and see if the last forty something new users have matching IP's.

Or votes are being solicited. It was like 10-38 and that was late last night.

I've PM'ed an Admin. We'll see if there's skullduggery a foot.

Just based on the responses in this thread it's approximately 8 - 23 CW. So, we're saying that most of the people who are voting for TDKR don't have anything to say?

Just based on the responses in this thread it's approximately 8 - 23 CW. So, we're saying that most of the people who are voting for TDKR don't have anything to say?

I voted for TDKR. I come to these boards to read everyone else's opinion so I don't post much. Make it 9-24 I guess.

Even though the forum has a lot of members, only very few seem too post often enough in threads like this. That's why you always see the same nicks posting. I guess among the more vocal members of the forum CW and the Marvel product in general is more popular. That's probably why you're seeing more people defending CW than TDKR.

But i guess people love conspiracy theories and some of you are truly convinced that CW was supposed to easily win the poll, even though both movies had very similar receptions. There's nothing fishy about being 50/50. There would probably be something fishy if it wasn't 50/50.

You questioned early boosting for CW. Having 30 to 8 in favor of CW last night wasn't surprising when most of the people posting in this thread were stating they were voting for CW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"