TDKR vs Civil War

The Cap Trilogy has 75 Votes.

The Dark Knight Trilogy has 74 Votes.

That's not 50/50. 50/50 would be them having an equal number of votes. Which, currently...they don't.

It means that they're even, and an argument can be made for both tbh. If you didn't like TDKR then you would vote Cap. If not you would vote TDK trilogy imo.

Like here, CW and TDKR are even. Despite the one having four more votes.

It means that they're even

If one option has more votes than the other...they're not even. This is simple math. Your subjective view does not change what is blatant fact.

And before you say "It's even" again....no. It currently is not.

If two options have a difference in vote count that is an almost trivially small portion of the overall vote count, then yes, for all realistic purposes, they are even. Its called "margin of error". A one vote difference out of hundreds of votes means, for all intents and purposes, the vote was equal, and could go either way if taken again.

An argument can be made for either, after rewatching TDKR I changed my opinion.
  • Plot: Civil War but both had great highs
  • Characters: TDKR
  • Pacing: Tie
  • Visuals: Rises
  • Acting: Rises
  • Cinematography: Rises
  • Score: Rises
  • Entertainment: Civil War
  • Action: Civil War by far
  • Villain: Rises by far
  • Themes: Tie
Overall, Rises by a small margin but I have both in my top 5 CBMs.

If one option has more votes than the other...they're not even. This is simple math. Your subjective view does not change what is blatant fact.

And before you say "It's even" again....no. It currently is not.

basically what Methaphysician has said.

And yet you are still choosing to die on it. Ask any statistician about the concept of "margin of error", and what it means to have a difference that is smaller than said margin. Given that these polls are about a subjective response and involve only small numbers of people, lord only knows how big the margin would be.

ANYWAY...

im surprised tdkr is actually winning after all this site is obsessed with bashing rises

TDKR critics just happen to be more vocal about their opinion. The movie isn't as polarizing or hated as some may make it out to be.

ANYWAY...

TDKR critics just happen to be more vocal about their opinion. The movie isn't as polarizing or hated as some may make it out to be.

It's a bit divisive but nowhere near BvS or TASM. I think the overall rating in any site, is worse than TDK but still pretty good and it gets a lot of people who defend it or vote it in every poll. So I would say it's a stronger AoU in the general consensus.

Like CW and Watchmen probably, nowdays.

I love Civil War. Love it. But it has the advantage of not just its own trilogy leading into it but multiple films in the MCU. TDKR only has 2 and in my opinion still a fantastic conclusion. I have to go with TDKR.

I'm again split on this, but i think that Begins > Civil War =/> Rises is the right ranking.

BB has less holes and better pacing/acting than these two for sure, but CW is damn enterteining and has great action scenes so it might not be the "better film" but i probably would take it over TDKR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"