The Flash Teddy Sears IS Jay Garrick

I don't think zoom is a future jay or zolomon, if zoom could travel time (should be easy for him with his kind of speed) then he'd better go back in time and replay the end of last episode and eventually win.
I hope time traveling stays a bit unique for Barry and reverse flash and the future.

And i believe that the real Jay is still alive (the masked man) zoom just killed zolomon that tried to copy real Jay's speed.
But then again 2 Jay's on 1 earth... then we're back in timetraveling :D stupid time travel.. i'm getting a headache -.-
misdirection is more at play here then time travel is here.

I didn't think it was possible that a big DC Hero could be mishandled in a way that would be viewed as worse when compared to Atom's Tenure in Season 3 (Iron Atom), but sure enough, I was proven wrong with this show's version of Jay Garrick.

He was HIGHLY underused and misused during his entire time on the show. They didn't give Teddy Sears enough interesting material to work with, thus as a result, his portrayal came off bland. And it doesn't help his case when you consider that they focused most of his time on screen in building up a "forced" romance with Caitlin.

Too bad "Legends of Tomorrow" couldn't take Jay with them. That show has done wonders for their characters.

Surely they won't signpost Jay as Zoom so easily. The masked man may have been trying to say that he is Jay Garrick and that the Jay we are seeing is false. The alternate Jay being Hunter Zoloman surely has a point. Maybe Earth 2 Hunter is posing as Jay?

Jay's story is not over. Otherwise why have the masked man spell out his name and get annoyed when Barry said Jay is on Earth 1. Either Jay is Zoom and the 'death' is a misdirect. Jay is in the mask and the Jay we see is Hunter. Or Jay has nothing to do with anything so what is the point?

Well, we know for sure that the real Jay Garrick at least LOOKS like the one we've been following, since we saw a flashback earlier this season with Jay and Wells. I supposed it's possible that Earth 2 Jay is actually someone posing as him, though that seems like a carbon copy of what they did with Wells in season 1. I guess there's the possibility of Jay being a twin, though I hope they don't go that route. As Sherlock would say, "IT'S NEVER TWINS!"

Still... I'm scratching my head over whatever the Man in the Iron Mask was trying to tell Barry. He was shaking his head when Barry said that Jay was on his earth. That seems like an indication that Jay isn't who he says he is. But it might have been something else.

Teddy Sears is a great Jay Garrick. I really don't like how the writers are treating the original FLASH. No powers, speed addict, pansy to Zoom. Now Zoom possibly killing him. SMH.

I doubt Jay is dead. He's probably just critically injured or some comic ******** like that.

Teddy Sears is a great Jay Garrick. I really don't like how the writers are treating the original FLASH. No powers, speed addict, pansy to Zoom. Now Zoom possibly killing him. SMH.

I don't think that was the real Jay Garrick.
My guess is that the man in the Iron mask is the real Jay (which felt obvious from the knockings and his reactions when communicating with Barry).
And, as was speculated in some article, it make very much sense for the "killed" Jay to be The Rival, A reverse E2 flash that was precisely some sort of speed addict that used the drug velocity 9 in the comics.

Who Zoom is is really a mystery though. It could really be almost anyone. When you include time travel you open up for the possibility of him beeing already dead characters or an evil version of a charater which is a hero today..
He could be some version of Jay, Henry Allen, Wally West, Hunter Zolomon of any Earth or some past or future version of them. There is always the possibility that he is just a new character we haven't seen yet, but I doubt it. It is just a too good opportunity to miss for the writers to shock us we finally learn who he is.

I'm also leaning into the camp that the Man in the Iron Mask is the real Jay Garrick of Earth-2, and that the Jay Garrick we've come to know and love is really Hunter Zolomon of Earth-2. I also think the notion that, if that theory is true, then the real Jay and Earth-2 Hunter are identical twins. Perhaps, when Jay on Earth-2 became the Flash, Hunter became jealous of his brother for getting powers while he didn't. So Zoom approached Hunter and told him "I can give you all the speed you want if you help me take out your brother." So Hunter did, took his brother's place by pretending to be the Flash, and Zoom gave Hunter Velocity-6 to mimic Jay's speed. But of course, since Velocity-6 is only a temporary boost and highly addictive, Hunter had to keep coming back to Zoom for more, but only if Hunter did what Zoom told him to do. Like go to Earth-1 and infiltrate Team Flash as Zoom's spy and gain their trust. But of course, Hunter has come to genuinely like Team Flash, especially Caitlin, but he can't tell them he's not the real Jay Garrick or that he's working for Zoom.

I don't think Zolomon is Jay's twin at all, but that maybe the real Jay looks completely different, played by a different actor. Wells has never met the real Jay but only Zolomon who took his place. So the reason that E1 Zolomon whom we saw was the name of the doppleganger we saw sitting on the park bench was because he is not a doppleganger of Jay Garrick, but a doppleganger of E2 Zolomon, who has been masquerading as Jay all this time.

And why Caitlin couldn't find any trace of E1 Jay is either because that is E1 Jay in the iron mask, and maybe there is a separate E2 Jay or E2 Jay is dead.

Zolomon looked like he was in a trance when he was on that park bench.

Maybe he was temporarily let out just for the sake of Caitlin's eyes.

I don't think Zolomon is Jay's twin at all, but that maybe the real Jay looks completely different, played by a different actor. Wells has never met the real Jay but only Zolomon who took his place. So the reason that E1 Zolomon whom we saw was the name of the doppleganger we saw sitting on the park bench was because he is not a doppleganger of Jay Garrick, but a doppleganger of E2 Zolomon, who has been masquerading as Jay all this time.

And why Caitlin couldn't find any trace of E1 Jay is either because that is E1 Jay in the iron mask, and maybe there is a separate E2 Jay or E2 Jay is dead.
While this is sound, it would be exactly what they did with a first season and thus I'd call horrible BS on it if they did it.

truth be told it was fake jay that told Caitlin that his doppelganger in the park was called zolomon but we don't know if it was another lie as well and since she's so hot for him she didn't do what thea in arrow would do and look up just to be sure and she didn't suspect him cause she has the hots for him even though he over did it with his blaming well especially when did the nastiest blow up when he heard about the serum and then later said he didn't truly loose his speed to zoom or being over here away from his own reality. it's very possible that jay in the park isn't zolomon at all.

yeah he may be a normal version of jay that part is true. but the name of Zolomon for him , may not be. it may have been just half truth there, to throw her off of the cure.

Right now Caitlin won't look into it cause the only people that are suspicious of him now are us the fan base.

And barry doesn't fully understand what the man in the iron mask was trying to tell him.

Last edited:
Maybe the Jay Garrick at the start of the season was the real Jay. But he did leave for a time, and perhaps that's when he was kidnapped by Zoom and replaced with a doppelganger. So the one now may not be the real one at all.

How do we even know that the guy claiming to be Jay Garrick, is in fact Jay Garrick? Did Wells recognize him as the Flash from his Earth 2? If not, no one can confirm that he is indeed Jay Garrick and the real Jay Garrick (the man in the mask) probably looks nothing like the guy/actor we know as Jay....

Maybe the Jay Garrick at the start of the season was the real Jay. But he did leave for a time, and perhaps that's when he was kidnapped by Zoom and replaced with a doppelganger. So the one now may not be the real one at all.

That fits too because the man in the mask wasn't shown originally in the scenes with Well's daughter; although he could have been there all along, he just wasn't shown to us. Your theory could explain why he wasn't shown to us from the get go,because Zoom hadn't taken him yet.....

Last edited:
My memory is sketchy but I do seem to recall that Wells recognized Jay as the Flash.

They made a point of showing the man in the masks blonde hair. Imo his hair was way too blonde to be Jay Garrick's, as the actor has dirty blond to light brown hair....

How do we even know that the guy claiming to be Jay Garrick, is in fact Jay Garrick? Did Wells recognize him as the Flash from his Earth 2? If not, no one can confirm that he is indeed Jay Garrick and the real Jay Garrick (the man in the mask) probably looks nothing like the guy/actor we know as Jay....

Yes, Wells recognized him. There have been flashbacks to Earth 2 in which Wells and Jay (as the Flash) conversed in public, so if there is a "real" Jay Garrick, he certainly looks like the one we're familiar with.

Yes, Wells recognized him. There have been flashbacks to Earth 2 in which Wells and Jay (as the Flash) conversed in public, so if there is a "real" Jay Garrick, he certainly looks like the one we're familiar with.

Unless Wells had only met a man claiming to be Jay but has never met the real one before.

Unless Wells had only met a man claiming to be Jay but has never met the real one before.

Jay's Flash has been active on Earth 2 for years. He's been seen in public without blurring his face (the way the Comic Jay used to), so he's been seen multiple times by multiple people.

If Jay really isn't Jay, it is that special kind of writing I call BS.

Maybe Jay is Jay. But he's been corrupted by the darkside of the speedforce becoming Zoom and...I don't know. Imma just watch the series and find out when I find out. Speculating is hard. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"