Telltale's The Walking Dead

Well,

Turns out there was no harm no foul. The promotional material was very much a red herring

My thoughts on the finale...

I enjoyed it. Honestly, I think this is the best gaming franchise on the market at the moment, at least in terms of depth and characterization. You really do start to feel for the characters and place yourself in that of the player character. It leads to an emotional, compelling experience.

After the finale, I liked the choice to use Javi as a protagonist with Clem as a side character. It lets us explore Clem in a new way while also building a bond for a new character.

That said, I hope Javi is not revisited next season, beyond a supporting role. He got his happy ending (or whatever ending the player gave him). Let him keep that. If he has a smaller role, Telltale can account for the variables. But I don't want a season opener where, as was the case with Kenny/Jane and Christa/Omid its like "Uhh, so there are a bunch of variable endings...lets kill all the characters in the opening scene to equalize things." By keeping Javi in Richmond, we can avoid that.

So what ending did everyone get?

I went to plug the wall with Kate, after refusing to fight David once I confessed to being with Kate. This led to Clem going after David and Gabe (I loved Clem's role as Javi's wingman btw. Their splitting up was great, because by that point they had a mutual trust and could rely on one another to get the jobs done). David died off screen but Clem saved Gabe. Kate and Javi decided to remain in Richmond and start a family. Javi agreed to lead Richmond.

It was a uncharacteristically happy ending, but I liked it.

One thing I really dug is that there is no way to get closure on everything. I don't know what happened to Joan (because of choices I made in episode 4, apparently). And no matter what you route pick during the climax, you will miss something. Either David dies off screen or Kate dies/disappears off screen. There is no tidy bow. I like that. It really makes the choices matter.

Good I'm happy to hear it's mislead. as I said I wouldn't do that. I'm a bit behind on this game in that I didn't play the dlc before this one yet.

I can't believe Telltale is ending The Walking Dead. It is easily their most popular series and is the type of thing that can go on in perpetuity. As such, I am skeptical that this is truly the end of Telltale and The Walking Dead's relationship. I suspect this is the end of Clem's story but there may be a spinoff or something along those lines.

I am hyped to play as Clem again. But hopefully Javi pops up. Richmond should be Clem's go-to base of operations when she needs a rest from the road, so I really do hope we revisit him. I also wonder if we will get closure regarding some season 1 loose ends like Christa, Molly, and Lilly?

I'm actually excited it's the last season. It gives them the chance to actually end Clem's story and move on to other projects, of which they have many. I wouldn't want the games to mirror the comic and TV show and keep going ad infinitum. With the show at least, the continuous length has not exactly made the narrative stronger.

I'm actually excited it's the last season. It gives them the chance to actually end Clem's story and move on to other projects, of which they have many. I wouldn't want the games to mirror the comic and TV show and keep going ad infinitum. With the show at least, the continuous length has not exactly made the narrative stronger.

True. I just hope TT's doesn't feel the need to kill Clem in the name of closing the door on her story. Death is a cheap, lazy, and predictable ending. Moreover, it is inconsistent with the journey that Clem has been on thus far. We've spent three seasons either playing as Clem or playing as a mentor of hers and influencing her development. The end goal has always been to turn Clem into a survivor. That has been her story arc. It would be unfortunate to let the player experience and shape her journey into the ultimate survivor, only to turn around and kill her off.

If her death is in part of the player's choice under a VERY strong narrative to support such a decision, then I'm all for that; example being in a sacrifice for AJ for whatever (solid) reason. That fits in line with what everyone in the past 3 seasons would've done and did do for her.

If her death is in part of the player's choice under a VERY strong narrative to support such a decision, then I'm all for that; example being in a sacrifice for AJ for whatever (solid) reason. That fits in line with what everyone in the past 3 seasons would've done and did do for her.

Yeah, I think I would be okay with it being player determinant, as perhaps there are some players who shaped Clem's story in a manner that makes death a viable outcome. I just don't want it to be something like what happened with Lee, where death is inevitable. I think that is unfitting for the character's arc as it has been laid out through most choices/paths for Clem. And I certainly don't want it as a plot device simply to close the door on sequels or as a feeling of necessity based on the "final season" billing.

I can't believe Telltale is ending The Walking Dead. It is easily their most popular series and is the type of thing that can go on in perpetuity. As such, I am skeptical that this is truly the end of Telltale and The Walking Dead's relationship. I suspect this is the end of Clem's story but there may be a spinoff or something along those lines.

I am hyped to play as Clem again. But hopefully Javi pops up. Richmond should be Clem's go-to base of operations when she needs a rest from the road, so I really do hope we revisit him. I also wonder if we will get closure regarding some season 1 loose ends like Christa, Molly, and Lilly?

Yeah, ending TWD completely doesn't seem believable at this stage.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One
[FONT=&quot]The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection announced for PS4, Xbox One[/FONT]
Published 15 hours ago. 7 comments.
Due out on December 5 for $49.99.

Walking-Dead-Telltale-Collection_11-01-17.jpg

Telltale Games has announced The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection, a collection including all 19 episodes from The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series, due out for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One both physically and digitally across North America and Europe on December 5 for $49.99.

In total, the collection includes visually enhanced versions of The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – Season One, The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – Season Two, The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – 400 Days, and The Walking Dead: Michonne – A Telltale Miniseries, as well as the recent The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – Season Three: A New Frontier.

Telltale Games also announced that Gary Whitta (Rogue One:A Star Wars Story, The Book of Eli) will return as a story consultant for the fourth and final season of The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series, which will launch in 2018. Whitta was last involved with the first season of the series.

Watch the The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection announcement trailer below.

[YT]_e108jsCTJ0[/YT]
View a set of screenshots at the gallery.

https://gematsu.com/gallery/the-wal...e-Series-Collection_2017_11-01-17_003.jpg.phpvisit gallery »

source: Gematsu

Insomniac Games?Verified account

Nov 7More

Sorry to hear about @telltalegames. :( For those impacted, we are hiring! Current open positions here: http://insomniac.games/careers/ #TelltaleJobs

Also with

[
NEWSTelltale Games lays off 25% of staff in company-wide restructuring Nov 7, 2017

http://www.gamezone.com/news/tellta...f-staff-in-company-wide-restructuring-3461052

Telltale Games, known for their narrative games like The Walking Dead, is going through a company-wide...Read more

source:Insomniac Games@insomniacgames twitter &Gamezone

Last edited:
Last edited:
[YT]OVAQrE5A5sI[/YT]
Clementine looks so worn out. :csad:

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Switch
[The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season SDCC 2018 teaser trailer, screenshots
Published 5 hours ago. 5 comments.

Live gameplay reveal set for July 19.

The-Walking-Dead-The-Telltale-Series-The-Final-Season_07-18-18.jpg

Telltale Games has released a teaser trailer for The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season ahead of this week’s San Diego Comic-Con 2018.

The company will conduct a live gameplay demo at Comic-Con on July 19. The footage from the demo will be posted to the company’s YouTube channel on July 20 at 8:00 a.m. PT / 11:00 a.m. ET.

Episode one of The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 14. The Final Season will also come to Switch later this year. Read more here.

Watch the teaser trailer below.

[YT]xSFSNuDnrXM[/YT]

Last edited:

The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season official trailer
Published 1 day ago. 11 comments.

Episode one launches August 14.

Telltale-Walking-Dead_08-09-18.jpg

Telltale Games has released the official trailer for The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season.

The trailer provides deepest dive yet into the upcoming season premiere. Episode one, “Done Running,” will introduce new visuals, mechanics, and characters to the series, and commence the final chapter in Clementine’s journey.

Episode one of The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 14. The Final Season will also come to Switch later this year. Read more here.

Watch the teaser trailer below.

[YT]OrPISF0TazM[/YT]

Last edited:

Switch
The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series – The Complete First Season for Switch launches August 28
Published 2 hours ago. 0 comments.

Season Two and A New Frontier due out later in 2018.

Walking-Dead-S1-Switch_08-21-18.jpg
The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series – The Complete First Season will launch for Switch on August 28 for $24.99 in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, and most of Europe, developer Telltale Games announced. It will feature English audio with English, French, German, Spanish, and Italian subtitles.

The Switch version of The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series – The Complete First Season includes all five original episodes, as well as the add-on anthology The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – 400 Days. Both have been ported from the 2017-released The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection, which offered “substantial visual and performance enhancements over previous editions.”

Telltale Games will also release The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series – Season Two and The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series – A New Frontier for Switch later this year, but specific release dates have yet to be announced.

Last edited:
Decent start to the final season! My files for the previous games were somehow wiped out so I couldnt load my perfect Clem but I dont think it made much of a difference.

A shame that all those employees lost their jobs due to bad management.

The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season episode two trailer
Published 17 hours ago. 2 comments.
"Suffer the Children" due out on September 25.

The-Walking-Dead-The-Telltale-Series-The-Final-Season_09-17-18.jpg

Telltale Games has released the official trailer for episode two of The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season, titled “Suffer the Children.”

Episode two is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC on September 25. Here is an overview of the episode, via Telltale Games:

A single shot rang out, and in that moment, everything changed. Now Clementine’s chance for a home may already be lost, and her bond with AJ may never be the same. With their future suddenly poisoned by uncertainty, Clem must work to manage the fallout and salvage their situation. But a force more relentless than the dead is lurking in the woods, and a ghost from Clementine’s past will soon return to threaten her future…

Watch the trailer below.

visit gallery »

Thanks for puting this up. I have further updates .thier in Red & bold in the article below.

Industry
Report: Telltale Games hit with major layoffs, possibly shutting down [Update 2]
Published 12 hours ago. 207 comments.
"Skeleton crew" reportedly finishing The Walking Dead - The Final Season.

Telltale-Games-News_09-21-18.jpg

Telltale Games, developer of episodic adventure games such as The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, and Batman: The Enemy Within, has laid off a large number of its staff and may be shutting down, according to messages on social media, both private and public, and reports from Kotaku, Gamasutra, and The Verge.

The Verge reports that only 25 people are currently left at the studio. Kotaku’s source did not confirm how many people were still left at the studio, but said that the layoffs were widespread.

Freelance journalist Joe Parlock, who has written for Telegraph, Official PlayStation Magazine UK, and Polygon, corroborated on the reports, citing his own sources that a “skeleton crew” has been left at Telltale Games in order to finish The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season. Everything else in development, including The Wolf Among Us: A Telltale Games Series Season 2, will reportedly be cancelled. Telltale Games’ publishing division, Telltale Publishing, is also said to be affected, meaning that the yesterday-announced console versions of Stranded Deep will no longer be published by the company.

Telltale Games has yet to release an official statement.

Update 5:40 p.m.: Telltale Games has issued the following statement:

Today, Telltale Games made the difficult decision to begin a majority studio closure following a year marked by insurmountable challenges. A majority of the company’s employees were dismissed earlier this morning, with a small group of 25 employees staying on the fulfill the company’s obligations to its board and partners. CEO Pete Hawley issued the following statement:

“It’s been an incredibly difficult year for Telltale as we worked to set the company on a new course. Unfortunately, we ran out of time trying to get there. We released some of our best content this year and received a tremendous amount of positive feedback, but ultimately, that did not translate to sales. With a heavy heart, we watch our friends leave today to spread our brand of storytelling across the games industry.”

Telltale will issue further comments regarding its product portfolio in the coming weeks.

Update 8:30 p.m.: USgamer is reporting that sources have told us that the crew of 25 left over at Telltale Games will be working on the Minecraft Story Mode project for Netflix, and The Walking Dead – The Final Season will not be completed.

Telltale has become one of my favorite game studios lately, this is just incredibly sad news to hear, I was hugely looking forward to some of their future releases. It's disappointing their games never got the popularity they deserved,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"