Dead Space 3 - Part 1

Sorry to necro bump.

But I just now read the ending to the DLC story, Awakening. You know, the ending with...

Those giant necromorph moons ATTACKING EARTH.

I'm shocked. That's the ending, and there's a low chance of Dead Space 4? I'm so freaking sad....

Haha weird. Iv just been playing DS3.

I wouldn't worry about that, EA has said they have future plans for Dead Space. Its not a matter of if but when we'll see a 4th game.

Haha weird. Iv just been playing DS3.

I wouldn't worry about that, EA has said they have future plans for Dead Space. Its not a matter of if but when we'll see a 4th game.

I've gotten a mad urge to replay 1 and 2. So in that mood.

Are you sure about that with EA? When I search for info, I just get the article about how there's no plans to make it.

But seriously, there needs to a Dead Space 4. You don't make an ending like that and then stop.

I know how you guys feel. While EA has said we could see more Dead Space at some point, it's still in a bit of an uncertain state. For right now Visceral is doing Battlefield: Hardline and a new Star Wars game that Amy Hennig is working on as creative director.

To Brolly, yeah the ending to Awakening at least to me pretty much like a big FU. My main problem with it though is that, besides the cliffhanger, it raises a whole other set of questions that will probably go unanswered.

Now if some way somehow they make a sequel and answer all those questions, all is forgiven.

But the biggest question is basically ignored and played off as a joke. How the heck did Clarke and Carver survive the end of the game?

resized_history-channel-alien-guy-meme-generator-why-because-aliens-73ace6.jpg

In short, I'm not holding my breath to get it anytime soon. But hopefully with the new consoles, that will convince EA and Visceral to give this thing another shot. Personally I loved Dead Space 3, and I didn't agree with many of the criticisms against it which were mostly lame and everyone just repeated without really interpreting.

Micro-transactions, something a lot of games use, which you never even need at all to beat the game. I beat the game on normal and hard without micro transactions. Stupid complaint.

Only one type of ammo. To me this is a superficial thing to complain about. You still needed various types of parts and items for crafting and customizing your own weapon.

The action. I mean honestly this is a personal taste. I felt like this is the direction the franchise was gradually moving toward. I don't feel like the game abandoned the horror roots because I was generally creeped out and on edge whenever I played the game. Every area I entered I was worried something was going to come out of the wall and try to kill me.

Co-op. Honestly I liked the co-op aspect. It was something different but for fans of the horror elements, the co-op only stages were some of the best ones! And I think it ignores something brilliant about these parts. If you play the co-op stages as Isaac, you do not see what Carver sees. Things look slightly different, so you as Isaac see another guy suffering dementia and hallucinations. I find that quite brilliant.

Here is what the game does not get enough credit for - ZERO G SPACE WALKS! I have not played any game that has done zero g space travel that plays as well as this. It made me feel like I was playing through like 2001. So weirdly serene and peaceful when you were doing the salvage or search missions outside the stations. The mechanics and controls worked so well.

Can anyone tell me another game that did like astronaut spacewalks as well as this or even at all?

Last edited:
I've gotten a mad urge to replay 1 and 2. So in that mood.

Are you sure about that with EA? When I search for info, I just get the article about how there's no plans to make it.

But seriously, there needs to a Dead Space 4. You don't make an ending like that and then stop.

Yea they've gone on record saying the series isn't dead in any way, its just that no one is working on it. Visceral is currently working on Battlefield: Hardline and on a Star Wars project. We'll see DS4, it just might be a few years.

Well I hope it won't be too long. 2016? 2017?

I hope you are right ProjectPat2280, but I'm not holding my breath. My thinking is new-gen consoles makes everyone want to give it a try and revamp some things.

Not sure how accurate they are, but VGChartz said the game did about 1.7 million copies sold. About a million less than Dead Space 2. I can see why EA were disappointed. Honestly though, I think a lot of reviews were unfair toward the game and really just wanted to stick it to EA.

As a gaming reporter, hard not to notice that other outlets and reporters let personal biases against certain publishers color their writing.

Well I hope it won't be too long. 2016? 2017?

Eh maybe.

Its possible that the team working on Battlefront might start work on a DS game. Steve Papoutsis has been the lead Producer of the last 2 DS games and he's heading up the current BF game. So maybe thats his next project. Or it could be this current team gets rolled in with the team thats making Star Wars. Who knows.

Who knows, maybe Visceral won't even do it. EA could always put a new developer on it.

I hope you are right ProjectPat2280, but I'm not holding my breath. My thinking is new-gen consoles makes everyone want to give it a try and revamp some things.

Not sure how accurate they are, but VGChartz said the game did about 1.7 million copies sold. About a million less than Dead Space 2. I can see why EA were disappointed. Honestly though, I think a lot of reviews were unfair toward the game and really just wanted to stick it to EA.

As a gaming reporter, hard not to notice that other outlets and reporters let personal biases against certain publishers color their writing.

Yea it was deff a disappointment for EA, which is why I think they're letting Visceral work on other stuff. They'll let those guys do some different things then let them come back to DS. DS is still a 10 million selling franchise. Theres money to be made with it.

Maybe they can get Machine Games to do it :D .

Just saying, look how well their revamp of Wolfenstein did. It was a huge hit. Raven Software couldn't hack it at all with Wolfenstein 2009.

Who knows, maybe Visceral won't even do it. EA could always put a new developer on it.

Yea thats entirely possible. I think the series needed the break though. I think by the time the 3rd came out, it was just too much of been there done that. I mean how many times can you really get spooked by a monster jumping out of a grate, and the DS series has relied on that tactic A LOT.

In that respect, I am fine with a break. But if we never get a definitive continuation...

:mad:

In that respect, I am fine with a break. But if we never get a definitive continuation...

:mad:

Haha yea. Ill be shocked if they don't revisit the franchise this generation. Like I said, its a big franchise for them with a lot of name recognition. They'll get around to it.

I'm just worried if Dead Space 4 happens it will just be a gigantic reboot and they will forget about Clarke, brother moons, etc.

At the same time, they did sort of write themselves into a corner with that ending. Seriously, how do you freaking get out of that? It's like the ending to Cabin in the Woods basically.

I think part of it is, I just want to see if they CAN do it.

I wouldn't object to a new developer. Also, taking that ending in mind, I think it would be cool to be on the military side of things. Play as some soldier in the middle of all hell breaking loose. I think that would be cool, another Gabe Weller type character.

I'm just worried if Dead Space 4 happens it will just be a gigantic reboot and they will forget about Clarke, brother moons, etc.

At the same time, they did sort of write themselves into a corner with that ending. Seriously, how do you freaking get out of that? It's like the ending to Cabin in the Woods basically.

I think part of it is, I just want to see if they CAN do it.

Yea that could be a possibility, but like you id hope they'd continue the saga they've started.

But my thought was, maybe you don't get out of it. Maybe Earth was actually lost. Maybe 4 starts off with people trying to flee or some time after Earth was over run. I deff think theres places they could go. Might not be any pretty cozy type places, but theres stuff they could do.

I wouldn't object to a new developer. Also, taking that ending in mind, I think it would be cool to be on the military side of things. Play as some soldier in the middle of all hell breaking loose. I think that would be cool, another Gabe Weller type character.

That could be cool. Maybe you take control of a character who is on Earth at the time of the attack. You'd get to see the fall of the earth and the rise of the necromorph plague.

That could be cool. Maybe you take control of a character who is on Earth at the time of the attack. You'd get to see the fall of the earth and the rise of the necromorph plague.

Fine by me. Bring back the weapon crafting system with tons of new military weapons and stuff. Can still throw in tools as well, hell...maybe even make a suit crafting system. Seems like logical progression.

Last edited:
I would like more customized suits. Was a little disappointed that all the suits did the same thing in DS 3, felt like they could've taken that a tad further, but no big deal.

All very interesting ideas on how they could take a sequel. Like the remnants of humanity post Necromorph. Maybe all vestiges of an infrastructure shatter and people just go for whatever corner of the galaxy they can.

Yea, post apocalyptic seems to be all the rage, so a post apocalyptic earth over run by necros? Could be kinda cool.

Altho I would deff miss the space aspect. I mean I enjoyed the parts on Tau Volantis(how very Thing of them) but man nothing tops the feeling of floating towards one of those abandoned ships in the early portion of the game. So eerie, yet beautiful at the same time

Maybe not just Earth but other human colonies as well on other planets or moons as well.

Yeah love those moments, and I feel those made the game for me. I think I saw only one reviewer just point out how cool all of that was. Capturing floating around in space. It was like a similar feeling to watching an Alien film. Eerie and creepy yet you are still in awe of what you are seeing.

I'm more in favor of chapters on Earth during the moon invasion because of the possibilities.

Imagine it...Necromorph animals...not just basic stuff like a dog, cat, or even birds.

But really outrageous choices. Like freaking elephants or whales, crocodiles, insects, etc.
That's prime territory for disgustingly scary stuff.

It doesn't have to all be on Earth however. Going to other planets or stations is a common thing in the games. Gotta keep that alive.

Steve Papoutsis was asked about Dead Space at this years Gamescom:

Is Dead Space dead? Not for me it’s not. I love it, the team at Visceral loves it. Having worked on it for seven years, this was a good break for us to try something different.

But there’s a lot of passion about that franchise, not just from me but from others in the company, so I think it’s an IP that’s important for the company. You never know where it’s going to go… I’d definitely be excited about what it would be like on this gen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"