Red Dead Redemption

Its definitely way overdue. I thought I was done catching up with ps3 games.

This and GTA IV needs to be remastered like yesterday.
For RDR I'd prefer them to use the RDR 2 game engine and character models since it's already there, they'd just have to update Mexico. As for GTA IV I'll just take a straight up remaster as is.

I managed to play GTA 3/Vice City/San Andreas recently after a long time last month. I also played LA Noire for the first time this year. At this point I just need these games to be ported with obvious tweaks. Though these older games are always going to be a bit clunky unless they are remade from scratch.

I'd be very excited for a remake, but I'd settle for a remaster. I'd also hope it would come along with a 60fps update for RD2. Would be great to seamlessly play from the end of RD2 into the original.

Can't wait. I still love and play Red Dead 1 more than 2. The one thing that killed 2 for me was the lack of stranger missions after completing the story and getting 100%. You really just have hunting and fishing and a few other things. I can play 1 just running into strangers. And occasionally popping into Undead Nightmare when I get tired of the main game. I still love 2, just not as much as 1.

Red Dead Redemption Remaster Release Date Might Be Sooner Than You Think - PlayStation LifeStyle

August?

The RDR1 map section that was on RDR2 was so spacious and empty yet looked good, that they could repurpose it and use it for this. I'm assuming the actual remaster wouldn't even come close to looking as detailed as the one in RDR2. But I need this and GTA IV in my collection regardless of the graphiX.

@psylockolussus gets it. I can wait though since I’m replaying IV on my Xbox but would love a PS5 remaster.

If the reception for this is good, i can see them remastering GTA IV.

Also GTA VI is coming next year or 2025, so might as well maXimize their sales.

Way sooner than I expected but awesome that it's finally happening! It should also be noted that they're releasing a disc version on October 13th. I'm going to stick it out and wait for that one since I'm in no hurry but I'm definitely looking forward to revisiting this.

Gotta be honest, that looks pretty underwhelming.

Gotta be honest, that looks pretty underwhelming.
bc it is. This was unexpected but it does seem kinda lazy for this to be a straight up port and not even a remaster with visual enhancements. And for $50? Seems pricey for what this is. I guess at least its no longer locked to the PS3 but yikes. This should come with native 4K/60fps support and been no more than $30

If the reception for this is good, i can see them remastering GTA IV.

Also GTA VI is coming next year or 2025, so might as well maXimize their sales.
This isnt a remaster though. Its a straight up port and its adding nothing but additional language support

Getting a Switch Port is great (though overpriced), I'll probably get it just to have this game in mobile form, the PS4 version on the other hand is just unacceptably lazy unless they announce a proper remaster for PS5/SX/PC later on, but considering R*'s track record post RDR2 I'm gonna assume they're being lazy.

Last edited:
Will the multiplayer trophies still be active? I hope not.

A lot of people are complaining that this is a straight port and not a remaster/remake. It's justified but personally I don't even care, I'm just looking forward to playing it again without having to break out my old Xbox 360. Is $50 a bit steep for a 13 year old game? Sure, but there might be a sale around the holidays.

Considering brand new games are 70 bucks now, 50 isn't terrible.

This wont have MP so I dont see why they would be

Eh don't dismiss it entirely. The Red Faction Guerilla remaster kept its multiplayer trophies. And the MP on that game was extinct by that time.

Last edited:
Eh don't dismiss it entirely. The Red Faction Guerilla remasterd kept its multiplayer trophies. And the MP on that game was extinct.
That game launched with multiplayer though so its not the same thing. This port wont have it. You cant have trophies for a game mode that does not exist

Way sooner than I expected but awesome that it's finally happening! It should also be noted that they're releasing a disc version on October 13th. I'm going to stick it out and wait for that one since I'm in no hurry but I'm definitely looking forward to revisiting this.
Great. I was wondering if there's a disc section since its coming out in just 10 days.

Though obviously I will wait til its much cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"