Tessa Thompson wants an all female superhero movie

What do you believe her objective is? To draw from her own experiences and tell a story from her own life? Then why gather the other actresses? Surely she could have pitched the idea in a less public and confrontational way. Why not refer to the details of the story she wants to tell? Doesn't seem like she wants to tell a certain story to me. She just wants a film that excludes the men

It seems likely to me that she wants to see the dynamic between women that she’s experienced in her life. She hasn’t seen much interaction between women yet in the MCU, but she’d like to. It’s a good story facet and group of relationships that haven’t been touched on. And, she probably thinks that other people would be interested in this as well.

Has there been confirmation that Ms. Thompson is playing Brunhilde? She could be a different Valkyrie, meaning no race changing was required.

portrait_incredible.jpg

Has there been confirmation that Ms. Thompson is playing Brunhilde? She could be a different Valkyrie, meaning no race changing was required.

I don't know but it seems really unlikely she isn't. Especially when she's being so well received I don't know why you'd introduce two versions of the same character into the MCU.

I don't know but it seems really unlikely she isn't. Especially when she's being so well received I don't know why you'd introduce two versions of the same character into the MCU.

No point. It would only be useful IMO if they killed her off after she's done her time and been in about 8 films or so like RDJ/Evans.

You wouldn't. Tessa's character would be the Official MCU Valkyrie.

The Marvel Universe covers the whole earth and galaxies beyond. It's diverse by nature now. Only makes sense that that diversity will start showing up in actual front line superheroes too. If it was set in a country and time period where there was little diversity then fine.

Thompson talks a little bit more about who was involved with the idea.

"I think in that group was Brie Larson, myself, Zoe Saldana, although she ran off to the bathroom, I think, so she came midway through the pitch but she had been in the rev-up to it. Scarlett Johansson. Pom [Klementieff] and Karen [Gillan], who are both in the Guardians movies. Yeah, I think it was that group.

We were just sort of all in a semicircle talking, and it just came up, because none of us really worked together – well, I suppose Zoe, and Karen, and Pom – and wouldn’t it be nice if we could all work together?"

If Romanoff hits it off with at least one of the ladies from the Guardians films they could invite her on night out on the town/galaxy

If Romanoff hits it off with at least one of the ladies from the Guardians films they could invite her on night out on the town/galaxy

Haha, I like the way you put that. :up:

I would love to see that happen.

I'm curious as to whether Thompson and the other Marvel ladies came up with a story idea or just the idea that "hey, we should headline our own movie together!"

There's certainly room for more IMO.

Yes, please. She was awesome in Ragnarok!

I would love to see that happen.

I'm curious as to whether Thompson and the other Marvel ladies came up with a story idea or just the idea that "hey, we should headline our own movie together!"

There's certainly room for more IMO.

I could see it as a movie that starts in outer space with Valkyrie needing help with some sort of threat so she asks for help from the GoTG only to find that after all the recent galaxy saving they’re on “vacation”. Being the responsible ones the girls decide to leave the boys and assist Valkyrie. They end up discovering plot that connects to earth so they start heading for earth only to end up in some sort of fight with side lackeys that brings in Captain Marvel. Once they get to Avengers headquarters the only one there is Widow who’s gathering intel on what turns out to be the same threat that Valkyrie, CM, and the Lady Guardians are working on. They then all move forward in taking down the bad guys. The End. Maybe add in teen Groot to be the token male.

Idk about the all female but I cant wait for her to have interactions with Gamora!

So I'm totally on board with this at this point. First of all just call it "The Liberators"

Valkyrie, Gamora, Wasp, and Scarlet Witch minimum

Black Widow and Mantis would also fit well. But I don't know to what extent they could be involved in the plot.

I want to see them attempt to *LIBERATE* perhaps Grandmaster's champions or Collector's collections or both.

(also Captain Marvel if she's got time apart from her own movies. Hell, maybe even call it: Captain Marvel and The Liberators?)

Last edited:
Seeing all the love for the character, I'm even more amused by the initial claim that she was a PC hire unqualified for the job.

Marvel definitely needs to do something more with the character.

An all female superhero movie would be fine, so long as the right story is done for the right reasons.

Nobody will care if the heroes are all women so long as it is a good movie, but if they force something for the simple sake of PC driven politics then it will fall face first just like the recent Ghostbusters film did.

Seeing all the love for the character, I'm even more amused by the initial claim that she was a PC hire unqualified for the job.

Marvel definitely needs to do something more with the character.

Tessa was indeed great but I do confess being a little disappointed not seeing my favorite Marvel heroine visually translated almost perfectly to the screen ( I do realize she's though a relatively obscure character) The shot of the Valkyrie that gave her life for her who kind of looked like Brunhilde was a actually a little painful.

She didn't quite knock so out of the park like Ildris Elba who is now my default Heimdal But I look forward to what she makes of the role. Still vainly sticking with team Sif for Thor romance. I would enjoy a Hulk romance for Val though.

I would enjoy a Hulk romance for Val though.
Your favorite character and wish that upon her? :loco:

Anyway, Lady Liberators not gonna happen. Some variation perhaps. I think if they can't get Hemsworth back for Thor 4 Valkyrie could perhaps be featured in some sort of mashup with other characters though. I made a thread on the Defenders as being something representative of older comics Marvel could riff off but we'll see what happens.

Your favorite character and wish that upon her? :loco:

Anyway, Lady Liberators not gonna happen. Some variation perhaps. I think if they can't get Hemsworth back for Thor 4 Valkyrie could perhaps be featured in some sort of mashup with other characters though. I made a thread on the Defenders as being something representative of older comics Marvel could riff off but we'll see what happens.

Actually Tessa's Val is a whole different character to me anyway but they seemed to have chemistry and as I said, still team Sif.

Pretty much any chance of Sif being a major presence in the franchise has gone out the window by this point, alas.

If that means that people will finally stop asking to see her fall in love with a freaking horse-faced monster then I'm all for it.

Tessa was indeed great but I do confess being a little disappointed not seeing my favorite Marvel heroine visually translated almost perfectly to the screen ( I do realize she's though a relatively obscure character)
Different Valkyrie or not, nothing is stopping Marvel from giving to her a more faithful look in one of their future movies. I doubt they will, but it's possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"