BvS The Alfred Pennyworth Casting Thread

4-simon-callow-03.jpg

Simon Callow for a deadpan Alfred like in Batman: TAS.

Timothy Dalton for more the former MI6-type Alfred.

Both great suggestions. :woot:

Dammit, Rodrigo. I forget how much you go along with jokes. You're supposed to be disturbed! Okay, you seem mentally deranged enough already. Welllllcome. :yay:

Does he even act anymore? Lol

He was in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. And if you are looking for the quintessential British gentleman (which seems to be how Alfred is usually depicted now) then look no further :D

I like this Hugh Laurie suggestion. I can dig it.

I want a different take from what we've seen with Gough and Cain in the last two series.

-R

Controversial Opinion Time: I like Caine but he wasn't playing Alfred, Aflred to me.

I'm actually all kinds of intrigued by the Dalton suggestion, that could actually be really awesome.

back in the old days, I truly believe gary oldman could've been ****ing perfect as the joker.

but atleast we got a perfect Gordon out of him , so I guess it didn't turn out that bad.

not gonna lie, the weirdest part about having a new batman franchise for me will be not having Oldman as Gordon.

I thought that too.. i always imagined alfred as being, well, to put it crudely, posh! Like an ex army major, that was used more of a body guard to the Wayne Snrs than anything else - he was there to assist, be a father figure when Bruce was alone in the house - perhaps he knew his father well and over time a bond was created and hence, he was written in as god parent/next of kin etc

Who ever gets the role, should be cast as a minder/personal assistant rather than a black tie/suit wearing butler - times have changed.

I still want Bill Nighy, 2nd choice be Dalton - think Brosnan would be too distracting - i always liked him as Bond and would be wanting him to save the day

Alfred dies in this movie during the first scene. They never show his face.

Timothy Dalton would be so awesome as Alfred. Although the idea of Stephen Fry as Alfred does have a certain appeal haha. He was great as Jeeves :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"