BvS The Alfred Pennyworth Casting Thread

I have your alfred right here

Tommy-Lee-Jones-and-Ben-Affleck-in-The-Company-Men.jpg

I know this is the Alfred thread, but that's another great shot of Affleck looking spot on like Bruce Wayne.

Yeah in that pic I'm getting Jim Lee Bruce vibes

David Warner FTW
He's funny and witty and an excellent actor.
Give him a pencil moustache and a haircut and there you have it!!

[YT]http://youtu.be/GgXICg-p9l8[/YT]

This time for once I would like us to get an Alfred that actually resembles how is typically portrayed in the comics. In terms of physical appearance. Never really been a live action Alfred that resembles comic Alfred at all. With that in mind the idea of Timothy Dalton greatly intrigues me

That's why Ben Kingsley would be perfect........

Dalton looks nothing like Alfred........

My Picks For Alfred:

John Hurt

2006-2450HurtJohn_IMG_x900.jpg

John Cleese

JohnCleese.jpg

Timothy Dalton

TimothyDalton_170x236.jpg

Anthony Hopkins

2337359.jpg

Alan Rickman

57457L.jpg

Liam Cunningham

alfred1-%20batman%20reboot%20fan%20cast.jpg

Timothy Dalton would be an interesting choice. I'm still pushing for Max von Sydow.

MVS could potentially croak it by the sequel!

However, they can always recast. And I think he's worth the shot.

As long as Alfred isn't taller than Bruce this time I'll be happy.

Simon Callow, Michael Gambon, Jeremy Irons, and Alan Rickman all get a thumbs up from me.

Would love to see Dalton as Alfred, though I'm intrigued by one of the above posters suggesting John Cleese.

It's about time we had the bad ass Alfred :o

I'd like to see the character more as a hardened war vet. Who's more understanding and less judgemental about Bruce's war on crime.

I'd go with Hurt or Hopkins.

If Bruce Wayne is a little older in this movie, then I'd imagine Alfred is considerably older too.

I want Anthony Hopkins

I don't know how I'd feel about Alfred being scarier than batman lol.
although speaking of that, Malcolm McDowell would be amusing, if they're going for a stricter, tightly wound Alfred. it'd be funny to see Alfred intimidate Bruce.

I don't like the way Alfred's portrayed in the new 'Beware the Batman' cartoon, however I do like the idea that he's ex military or secret service and was employed by Thomas and Martha Wayne as a butler and personal protection - after all billionaires with young children are prime targets for kidnappings etc.
So with that in mind we need somebody at least 20yrs older than Bruce, who looks like he could've served in the army in his younger years. I like the idea of Jeremy Irons - could work, but how about Charles Dance? Looks good with the Alfred muzzie (courtesy of David Niven)...

My top 6...

Mark Gatiss
Michael Palin
Tom Courtenay
Peter Capaldi
Charles Dance
Bill Nighy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"