BvS The Alfred Pennyworth Casting Thread

alan-rickman-uk-premiere-gambit-01.jpg

How about making Alfred a detective too?

David Suchet (67 years old, 5'7)
David-Suchet-as-Hercule-P-009.jpg

He's a great actor and has been playing detective Hercule Poirot on a series of Agatha Christie novel film adaptations for years.

Last edited:
Just thought of another one:

David Bowie (66 years old, 5'10)
1337333282_1337333281_2006_the_prestige_021.jpg

Yes, this singer can act too. He was an actor in The Prestige which was a Nolan film.

Last edited:
Capaldi!!
MFW+the+new+Doctor+Who.+Peter+Capaldi_4e72d1_4719410.gif

A Capaldi unable to curse is only half a Capaldi.

I like Geoffrey Rush, but he might be too "big" for what is lilely to be an even smaller role than Michael Caine's. I like the Johns, both Cleese and Hurt, and Michael Gambon, and a "gruffer" take along the lines of this would be very interesting too.

Provided they don't Jonah Jameson/Jimmy Olsen him and keep him out of the movie, that is. With these guys, you never know.

And my personal suggestion: Derek Jacobi.

Sin-t%C3%ADtulo-22.jpg

I like Geoffrey Rush, but he might be too "big" for what is lilely to be an even smaller role than Michael Caine's.
geoffrey-rush-thekingsspeech-2.jpg

Glad you agree with Geoffrey Rush. I think if he's only in it for even a few minutes, it would be great.
I also like your suggestion of Derek Jacobi.

I definitely, 110% agree with whoever mentioned Charles Dance.

He'd be perfect for Alfred, and give an entirely different take compared to Caine.

charles_dance_396x222.jpg

If WB had plans for Batman to appear alongside Supes since last year, then, if he's included, they must've thought of Alfred and what choice could would win the love that Caine did.

Giving the picks to cause as much attention as they can, they may have, or could approach a controversial pick. ...he would get a lot of butts in seats given who he is and who he works for. However, he's still appearing in two more WB films. He's not afraid of franchises...we wanted one of his character's younger counterparts for Bats....guessed who it is? ;)

Screen-shot-2013-04-23-at-1.03.49-PM-720x478.png

He'd make an awesome Alfred. Fatherly, tough, funny :)

after all the big mistakes he made when choosing the right roles, which eventually led to his retirement, i think this role could potentially bring him out of it...

qetx.jpg

after all the big mistakes he made when choosing the right roles, which eventually led to his retirement, i think this role could potentially bring him out of it...

qetx.jpg

yes, yes and yes..... the contrast of him and ben are great

7qu2GuB.jpg

Alan Rickman is perfect for Alfred
He really isn't.

EDIT: Or maybe he is? For an Alfred will never truly display any fatherly warm traits, drone on in a miserable mundane tone.

Yeah, sign me up for Rickman :up: :o

Last edited:
I'm liking Hugh Laurie and Ciaran Hinds, leaning towards Ciaran. I think Hugh would rock it, but Ciaran really gets across an image of a soft, humble man who you can definitely see as having seen some action in the military and in espionage.

I gotta say, this may be one of the intriguing castings for me -- maybe even more so than Luthor.

How about:

Terrance Stamp
Malcolm McDowell

Last edited:
What about Tommy Lee Jones?

nychzd.jpg

This is from the movie "The Company Men"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"