BvS The Alfred Pennyworth Casting Thread

Jenny Olsen.

Alison Pennyworth? :D

:lmao: imagine if Kelly Brook was cast as her, Bruce would never leave the cave :oldrazz:

Remember though her be was Jenny Jurwich not Jenny Olsen :cwink:

I couldn't pay attention to MOS what with the sucky 3D I had to endure :p

Kelly as Alison Pennyworth is an interesting thought mind :D

If Alfred appears, I'm hoping for Bill Nighy if it's older Batman, Pierce Brosnan if it's younger Batman.

Bill Nighy our be interesting

Tbh I'd actually love an Alfred that looked like the comics version

Any Buffy fan knows that Anthony Head essentially played Alfred for seven years on that show so he would be my pick. In that he showed he can be posh, uptight, sarcastic, caring and even intimidating. Perfect.
I do like the idea of Bill Nighy as well though.

anyone notice beware of the batman alfred looks like hitman lol

Any Buffy fan knows that Anthony Head essentially played Alfred for seven years on that show so he would be my pick. In that he showed he can be posh, uptight, sarcastic, caring and even intimidating. Perfect.
I do like the idea of Bill Nighy as well though.

Wow, I was just watching Buffy tonight and thought the same exact thing. He might be able to do it, but the question is can he carry all of that and apply it to the weight of a feature film? I say weight because it's quite a different kind than television.

i hope no one from the batman comics other than batman appears in this movie. remember it's still a man of steel sequel. it has to be more about superman than anyone...unless jona nolan writes it. then it'll be about superman, lex and batman. each might have the same screen time.

Alfred (and maybe Gordon) can make a small appearance just for set up. Stamp/von Sydow for Alfred, Bryan Cranston for Gordon.

there's no need. it's a bad idea to go all batman on everyone with another reboot so soon. this batman is to help set up an eventual justice league that will feature a batman that isn't the tdk batman. that's really all this is. after jl, they can give him a franchise again, or even cast a supporting cast for him now? nah. too soon.

I'd be overwhelming I agree. Batman seems sufficient enough.

Nigel Terry

006BLB_Nigel_Terry_002.jpg

El Mayimbe said Max Von Sydow.

Nit sure if it's who he wants ir it is Sydow up for the role?

Max is getting pretty old, would make a good Alfred, though.

He'd be pretty decent. A little old, but Bruce is older, so :oldrazz:

Last edited:
Hugh Laurie would be amazing, but not old enough for Benman. Max would be interesting.

Hugh Laurie.
with the news of Ben in the role, I almost wanna say Laurie would be too young

if we're getting a 40 y.o. Batman, Hugh is only like 15 years older then him

not to say Ben can't play a younger Batman, or that Hugh can't play an older Alfred, but, why hire a younger guy just to age him (I could see if it was an origin story that mostly took place in the past, and/or there was going to be alot of flashbacks showing younger Alfred raising Bruce as a kid)

Hugh Laurie is awesome, but he needs to be JJJ in the Spider-man films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"