The All-Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 7

I think the writer meant the beast that attacked Arthur and Mera will have his own pic
Nah read it again. Deadline’s saying this new beast attacks Aquaman and Mera in this new movie. It couldn’t be referencing the first Aquaman movie because they’re describing a monster we haven’t even seen before.

Nah read it again. Deadline’s saying this new beast attacks Aquaman and Mera in this new movie. It couldn’t be referencing the first Aquaman movie because they’re describing a monster we haven’t even seen before.

I thought you were saying The Trench was going to feature Aquaman and Mera, because I don't think it's going to.

6dEh4Gm.gif

I thought you were saying The Trench was going to feature Aquaman and Mera, because I don't think it's going to.
No that's exactly what I'm saying. That's what the article says. Don't know why there's so much confusion here, they make it pretty clear that the pic theyre talking about is The Trench. Which WILL feature Momoa and Heard.

"On Friday, news hit that Warners is making The Trench, an Aquaman spinoff from screenwriters Noah Gardner and Aidan Fitzgerald. That pic focuses on a beast who is new in DC Comics mythology. He attacks Jason Momoa’s superhero and Amber Heard’s Mera in the pic. That feature will have a horror slant."

The Deadline article is confirming that The Trench will be a semi sequel to Aquaman as much as it is a spinoff.

Last edited:

I have no idea some Centino guy can conclude that Jas is reacting to WB releasing the Snyder Cut lol lol lol

Probably reacting to the $$$$ in the boot of his car and Aquaman sequel/spin off contracts

which reminds me to ask - has his contract expired and needs to be renewed?

Probably reacting to the $$$$ in the boot of his car and Aquaman sequel/spin off contracts

mte

‘Aquaman 2’ Being Penned By David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick

Upgrade, AM2 to be written by Red Riding Hood writer

=P

omg, he's the same that wrote the first one right? lol, so everybody who coplained about the script will do the same again lmao

i think this is good new for Aquafans, he probably heard about 1 or 2 sequels, excited tbh, i want more Aquaman films

I have no idea some Centino guy can conclude that Jas is reacting to WB releasing the Snyder Cut lol lol lol

Maybe he's excited about the Trench movie. :o

But, seriously though, I think it could be about future plan James Wan has presented at WB for Aqua-universe.

What with James Wan developing a successful Horror franchise, Aqua-franchise and producing Swamp-thing series for DC Universe, Wan has lot more clout at WB than most people can imagine.

Oh well when you’re only one of two people with several franchises that made more than a bill you can do whatever you like. Gee that must be a nice feeling

mte

omg, he's the same that wrote the first one right? lol, so everybody who coplained about the script will do the same again lmao

i think this is good new for Aquafans, he probably heard about 1 or 2 sequels, excited tbh, i want more Aquaman films

Hey this time it's him minus Will Beale =P

Conjuring 2 got a strong RT score so maybe Beale was the one dragging him down, who knows

What with James Wan developing a successful Horror franchise, Aqua-franchise and producing Swamp-thing series for DC Universe, Wan has lot more clout at WB than most people can imagine.

We're gonna see a Brine movie and a Fisherman King prequel before GLC, Flash and Superman....

Wan needs to share some of his clout to those 3 dudes

That is why you never hear a bad word about him. Everyone who works with him seems to fall in love with him going back to Stargate: Atlantis. He should use his power to revive that BTW ;)

I know I am setting myself up for a letdown...but what if Aquaman is crossing over with someone...

Can anyone tell me if DUNE is a WB film? I know LEGENDARY is involved but forgive me if I don't know what the relationship between WB and LEGENDARY is right now. Cuz if it is being done with WB then maybe that was part of Momoa's "You guy's have no idea what's coming" post?

Can anyone tell me if DUNE is a WB film? I know LEGENDARY is involved but forgive me if I don't know what the relationship between WB and LEGENDARY is right now. Cuz if it is being done with WB then maybe that was part of Momoa's "You guy's have no idea what's coming" post?
Legendary Pictures is Leaving Universal and Going Back Home to Warner Bros.
Legendary, Warner Bros. Near Distribution Deal (EXCLUSIVE)

Legendary Entertainment will likely leave its distribution and co-financing pact with Universal Studios early, according to multiple insiders. The company behind “Godzilla” and “Kong: Skull Island” is decamping for Warner Bros., its former home. A deal has yet to be signed, but the two entertainment players are in exclusive negotiations and are expected to come to an agreement shortly.

Edit: Legendary Entertainment has the rights to make a Dune movie, so Jason would not be visiting WB lot, if he wants to sign-up that movie, as WB will only be distributing it.

The company’s decision to move “Detective Pikachu,” its Pokemon adaptation, to Warner Bros. from Universal was widely reported to be a signal it was eyeing the exit door. Legendary no longer has any movies set up at Universal.

I think Jason visited WB offices to sign multi-movie contract for future Aquaman movies and he got some idea about the future direction Wan wants to take for the franchise. Same day he reportedly signed-up for Legendary Entertainment's Dune.

Edit: Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think Legendary Entertainment has the movie making rights to Dune, so I don't think Jason would be visiting WB lot to sign-up for Dune, as WB are only distributing the movie.

Last edited:

I think Jason visited WB offices to sign multi-movie contract for future Aquaman movies and he got some idea about the future direction Wan wants to take for the franchise. Same day he reportedly signed-up for Legendary Entertainment's Dune.

Edit: Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think Legendary Entertainment has the movie making rights to Dune, so I don't think Jason would be visiting WB lot to sign-up for Dune, as WB are only distributing the movie.

So is Legendary still heavily influenced by Wanda/CHN and looks like Tsujihara's plan didn't work at the end.

Funny thing is when Legendary's at WB, WB makes popular DC films =P

T-90%20tank.jpg

Hopefully this means he gets WB’s full faith and budgetary backing for whatever he wants to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"