The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ lol. How many times do I have to tell y'all. They're filming Goblin AND Venom!!

Aunt carnage!!!!

thats the big secret!, they need to stick to the comics when they do it though yo! =p

people need to stop saying "4 villains" when someone like Vulture in this film may only be a "villain" akin to Dr. Ratha in the first film... who is technically a villain

Yeah I do agree with this. Electro is the MAIN villain, Rhino is at least a secondary one.

Does anyone remember Mendel Stromm from Spider-Man 1? In the comics he turned into one of Spidey's foes, Robot Master, but we just got a nice cameo from him as Norman's assistant in the movie.

Chances are, if Colm Feore IS Adrian Toomes, he will not be turning into the Vulture in TASM2, but rather a future film.

Yeah I do agree with this. Electro is the MAIN villain, Rhino is at least a secondary one.

Does anyone remember Mendel Stromm from Spider-Man 1? In the comics he turned into one of Spidey's foes, Robot Master, but we just got a nice cameo from him as Norman's assistant in the movie.

Chances are, if Colm Feore IS Adrian Toomes, he will not be turning into the Vulture in TASM2, but rather a future film.

yeah.... it's not like people began counting Curt Connors in SM2 & SM3 as a film villain when he never became lizard.... :o. if that were the case then Spider-Man 2 actually had 3 villains...

Ock, Man-Wolf, and Connors lol

Aunt carnage!!!!

thats the big secret!, they need to stick to the comics when they do it though yo! =p

See, if they were going to stick to the comics, it would be Gwen Carnage.

1966709-carnage_gwen_stacy_super.jpg

Exactly. I also mentioned this previously, but I don't know why it's so hard for some lot of people to fathom the possibility of just introducing a character just to establish them without becoming, as they say "super powered".

Marc Webb has stated he wants a serialized component to this franchise. Sony has officially stated that there will be at least 3 films. So why is the idea that they're trying to expand the universe with easter eggs and acknowledge the existence of these characters so hard for some to comprehend? Instead the only logical choice is that they're trying to shoe-horn in as many villains as possible. :doh:

Exactly. I also mentioned this previously, but I don't know why it's so hard for some lot of people to fathom the possibility of just introducing a character just to establish them without becoming, as they say "super powered".

Marc Webb has stated he wants a serialized component to this franchise. Sony has officially stated that there will be at least 3 films. So why is the idea that they're trying to expand the universe with easter eggs and acknowledge the existence of these characters so hard for some to comprehend? Instead the only logical choice is that they're trying to shoe-horn in as many villains as possible. :doh:

It just reminds people of Spider-Man 3 I suppose, which I think is really a special circumstance considering how the studio forced Raimi to include Venom in his script.

Its just amazing how one rumor from one site spreads and finds its way across the whole internet and people will believe its true. smh

It goes both ways. I can't blame em because rumors can end up being true, but the problem is they shouldn't believe it right off the bat.

People are believing it because they really really really really really really really wanna!

If it as Harry as venom no one would believe it just because they wouldn't want too

Hell, I remember when I first joined this site and back in 2007, I was a movie surveyor and saw the first glimpse of New Goblin and Venom for "SM3" and everybody thought I was ********ting them until they saw the first footage and were like, "He was right!"

I'll say this, I don't mind rumors or spoilers, but I don't like stupid rumors ala Cher being Catwoman or Eddie Murphy as The Riddler. To me, 'Who is the real Norman Osborn? Is it Massee or Cooper?' is a form of a stupid rumor. And I don't think anyone is going to pull an "Iron Man 3" by having an actor supposedly be the main villain but in actuality is a pawn in a bigger villain's scheme again. Sure, "IM3" has made a lot of money, but it's also gotten its share of derision and backlash over having Ben Kingsley not be The Mandarin.

I also feel people are making a big deal of the number of villains thinking this is going to be a "SM3" catastrophe when there's plenty of other movies that had major and side villains that have been successful. And hey... "THOR: THE DARK WORLD" has Malekith, Loki, and Kurse for its villains. "X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST" has the Brotherhood of Mutants, the Sentinels, and Trask. "CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER" has Winter Soldier, Alexander Pierce, Crossbones, Georges Batroc, Arnim Zola, and Agent Sitwell as its villains.

So, this whole idea of a movie having too many villainous faces is invalid. Now, unless Webb notoriously cuts the film to the point where a lot of character development is lost for these teased villain characters, the movie will suffer colossally, and the storyline and pacing will suffer as well. Again, this goes back to having the movie be close to 2 and a half hours. But of course people like Toomes, Betty Brant or Felicia Hardy, and MJ could be small little scenes 5-10 mins each.

We know that MJ has a really SHORT role in the movie. She filmed a few scenes that wrapped up rather quickly, so she probably does have about 5-10 minutes of screen time.

If Betty Brant (or the Daily Bugle in general) has any involvement in the film, it would probably be rather small as well. Remember in SM1, the Daily Bugle scenes only made up about 5 minutes of the 2 hour movie.

Colm Feore's character is probably relatively small as well. We know he is a part of Ravencroft, which is more important in the overall plot as far as we know.

Harry Osborn will probably have the same screen time as Aunt May in TASM. Just my guess.

people need to stop saying "4 villains" when someone like Vulture in this film may only be a "villain" akin to Dr. Ratha in the first film... who is technically a villain

I remember when someone on Spider-Man 3's production, I think it was Arad, said that movie had 4 villains. I'm warming up to the theory of ending this film with a nod to TDK. :cwink:

Webb is setting up a lot in this movie, man.

I remember when someone on Spider-Man 3's production, I think it was Arad, said that movie had 4 villains. I'm warming up to the theory of ending this film with a nod to TDK. :cwink:

its just play on words... just because a comic book character (who is a villain) is in the film, doesn't mean he's a "villain/antagonist" in the film.

Curious to see what the tone of the first trailer will be. ASM's teaser was very...gritty.

Curious to see what the tone of the first trailer will be. ASM's teaser was very...gritty.

Mos def.
I wonder what the film's tone will be like. Looks comic booky with deep emotional, human elements.

It just reminds people of Spider-Man 3 I suppose, which I think is really a special circumstance considering how the studio forced Raimi to include Venom in his script.

They forced Venom, but for good reason.

Raimi wanted to use Sandman and Vulture, but Sony knew they couldn't carry a movie on their own

So they pushed for venom was well for the goblin story to wrap sooner.

Raimi tried to do both and split it into 2 films but couldn't do it.

Which is why we ended up with no vulture and 3 villains in SM3. 2 of them dead to avoid revisiting.

Raimi felt he could now do Vulture but the demand for Lizard to appear was too high.

He eventually just bailed because he felt he should have that control over the story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"