The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ ultimate hero youre just not getting it even tho we keep constantly explaining it

No character has the purpose of just walking by and saying hello. There had to be some reason her character was there. Unless you guys think MJ was relegated to being as small a role as Jenny in MOS? Which I just can't see happening.

It was an introduction, it wasn't going to be a love triangle, so there wasn't alot for her, she probably appeared in some scenes to set her up, nothing that will effect the plot

It's one of them things where people think if a character in the comics appears on screen it will be a big part of the story, not always, infact it might be similar with Norman's screen time for all we know

It could easy be a set up for something bigger later on

No character has the purpose of just walking by and saying hello. There had to be some reason her character was there. Unless you guys think MJ was relegated to being as small a role as Jenny in MOS? Which I just can't see happening.

I haven't seen MOS yet so I can't comment on that.

Even if MJ had a bigger role than just an introduction, her significance in the overall plot was still just so MINOR.

It was an introduction, it wasn't going to be a love triangle, so there wasn't alot for her, she probably appeared in some scenes to set her up, nothing that will effect the plot

It's one of them things where people think if a character in the comics appears on screen it will be a big part of the story, not always, infact it might be similar with Norman's screen time for all we know

It could easy be a set up for something bigger later on
Let's stop trying to convince him otherwise.

As far as I can tell, the only truly significant things that were excised from TASM were Ratha's death and the hints that what happened to Peter might not've been as accidental as it seemed and might've been tied in to his parents' disappearance, and Webb still has time to address at least the parts of the story pertaining to his parents and the spider-bite that gave him his powers, so I really don't see why the cuts made to TASM are so devastating.

The whole entire scene with Connors' in his kitchen was re-written. Originally he told Peter a lot more about his father and you actually see them bonding in that scene. In addition to those. The film set it up as a story about a boy discovering where he came from then half-way through deleted all of that to focus on the love story aspect. There was also a lot greater focus on Captain George Stacy, particularly at the dinner scene, which made his death all the more poignant.

The purpose of Shailene's scenes was to have been to introduce MJ to Peter and set up their friendship, which was to have been greatly expanded on in the future. It's really no different than a television series introducing a background character who later goes on to become a major recurring character and still later a series regular. The thing that has changed is that Webb no longer has to take that approach.

They always knew they were going to have ASM 3. So, if that was the case, how exactly is doing that robbing them from giving MJ more focus in ASM3 if she was that background of a character? They always knew they were going to do more.

exactly she was always meant to be just a minor roll and a setup to future films

We don't know if they were sure of TASM4 originally happening or not.

The whole entire scene with Connors' in his kitchen was re-written. Originally he told Peter a lot more about his father and you actually see them bonding in that scene. In addition to those. The film set it up as a story about a boy discovering where he came from then half-way through deleted all of that to focus on the love story aspect. There was also a lot greater focus on Captain George Stacy, particularly at the dinner scene, which made his death all the more poignant.

And how do you know of this?

The film series is still about a boy discovering where he came from.

they knew they were getting tasm 3 but not tasm 4 thats what all of this revloves around! if it was just tasm 3 which its not then mj would have stayed gwen would have died and mj would have larger role in tasm 3 but thats not the case anymore

Anyone else getting the feeling that we might get another stupid last minute editing?

Oh Dear God, PLEASE don't let this theory be true.

Except that this isnt last minute

Its better to do this now than a few months before release

they knew they were getting tasm 3 but not tasm 4 thats what all of this revloves around! if it was just tasm 3 which its not then mj would have stayed gwen would have died and mj would have larger role in tasm 3 but thats not the case anymore

I'm not convinced that Gwen was ever going to die in this movie.

Look at hawkeye in Thor, he was a cameo that didnt give anything to the plot, but it was a set up because they knew he would be in the avengers, its not unfounded for it to be done

Wait, so are you one of the people who thought Gwen was going to die in ASM 2 and they've just that recently???

But it makes sense since not to long ago we saw new set pics of Gwen wearing the same purple outfit that she wore when talking to mj filming a different scene with aunt may at the Parker's home so my guess is that is he reshoot scene

^ Serialized television series do it all the time (introduce characters in background roles and expand on said introductions later).

Well Hawkeye did help out Loki, so he did have an important role in the plot. He was just that "other Avenger" that most people in the GA don't know about.

And how do you know of this?

The film series is still about a boy discovering where he came from.

They showed in the book and there was a snapshot of that exact scene in the film. That was re-shot for whatever reason.

They showed in the book and there was a snapshot of that exact scene in the film. That was re-shot for whatever reason.
But how do you know that Peter and Curt were going to bond in that scene, and that he would tell him more about his parents?

yes i thought gwen would die but know i have second thoughts seeing as tho mj has been takinn out she would have died also if tasm4 hadnt gotten an early greenlite

truthfully imo this film is not setting itself up with a alot of hope. with rumored changes to the source, the possible changes in a pivotal story and now them cutting out estabished characters after scene are shot.

the first one while not amazing was enjoyable so maybe this one will be as well

From where are you getting this?
Yeah we saw a different version in the trailers but there is no way to tell that he told him about his father or they bond in that scene

Not 'all of that',just that 2 minute scene in the sewer

They always knew they were going to have ASM 3. So, if that was the case, how exactly is doing that robbing them from giving MJ more focus in ASM3 if she was that background of a character? They always knew they were going to do more.

Initially Marc though this was gonna end a trilogy
He thought of introducing MJ in TASM2,her role was just for 'intoduction'
So when he kills of Gwen in #3,fans are already aware about MJ

But since now Sony announced 4 movies,he has adequate time to space things out and introduce and use MJ later.

So he probably cut of MJ to give himself breathing space in this movie,concentrating on other things and also shortening the runtime

Last edited:
But how do you know that Peter and Curt were going to bond in that scene, and that he would tell him more about his parents?

The book always based off of the script. The scene they gave us in exchange for it was cut a lot shorter and not as intimate. Aspects still remain, I'm pretty sure there were even some lines from it in the trailers and TV spots. It was there, just like the whole exchange about Peter's parents in the sewers it was deleted last minute.

It's this whole thing about Webb that doesn't give me much faith in this guy. He doesn't sound like he has a game plan. He pitched ASM as being the story about Peter finding and being enticed about the truth of his parents. He had that in ASM. Then at the last minute he deleted all of that with only leaving strands of it remaining. If people say "well, he didn't know if he was going to get ASM 2." So, how does that change things? It all still ended with Peter not knowing, but originally? A lot more emphasis was placed upon it rather than it just fading away. And because of that, I just find it seriously hard pressed to believe that he has a plan.

Also to go further -- he didn't tell Peter about his father, he told him more about his father as in what he was like. Here, we didn't even get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"