The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is one the biggest things I would have definitely kept under wraps. It's fascinating and I'm curious where it will go... but WAY TOO MUCH TOO SOON. Can someone link me? I'm curious about a zoom in.

Here you go...

EDIT *removed

Last edited:
whoever put it in there sony is pissed and they shut the game down and any more lurking around they're taking it down

@MORBIUS get rid of that man

Last edited:
whoever put it in there sony is pissed and they shut the game down and any more lurking around they're taking it down

@MORBIUS get rid of that man

Done - thank you, I didn't realise the game was shut down :)

No problem man sony also took down articles and I feel sorry for anyone who has that pic on their facebook or twitter cause that will get taken down just like the guy who had the story boards

Wait...so it's not Sony's doing? Some idiot working there just made a dumb mistake?

It's still around... I'm still very shocked. It hasn't killed my buzz for the movie, but it hasn't increased it either

Is...is it safe to come back yet? :ninja:

Soonas I heard about a certain pic being released I fled until the storm calmed lol.

I like the idea of Norma'n's head being severed and kept some place. Totally different direction to the Raimi series. I also like it because we all know Norman will come back in some capacity, but how? Oscorp will have to get really creative, and we know they can be.

Is...is it safe to come back yet? :ninja:

Soonas I heard about a certain pic being released I fled until the storm calmed lol.

I made it a little unsafe, but i've edited it just now, and it's all good again.It has been a roller coaster of late! One minute, we're stoked, then shocked, then disappointed, then fearful, then stoked again, etc :D

I just get the feeling that
the rumoured post credits scene isn't the only one. They might just have another scene setting up the Sinister six

I like the idea of Norma'n's head being severed and kept some place. Totally different direction to the Raimi series. I also like it because we all know Norman will come back in some capacity, but how? Oscorp will have to get really creative, and we know they can be.
And that's the biggest problem of TASM2 imo. They're trying too hard to be different from Raimi's movies and that's the reason why they making decisions that look awful to me such as Harry being GG first, Harry killing Gwen and now that crap with Norman's head.

Marketing for the Spiderman's reboot entries has been godawful so far...

Starting with revealing the Goblin on the trio poster, pretty much all but confirming what happens to Gwen and now this...

You can say the trailers and clips were good, but that's considering we already knew about Goblin before they hit. Goblin/Osborns stepping into action should had been this movie's surprise and not a selling point... Who would even think that showing the Goblin (Raimi's take is still pretty recent in people's heads) would be a selling point for a franchise that's been trying to sell itself as "the untold story" and jumping through contrived hoops just in order to be different from the get go?...

How can Ironman 3 keep such a big thing about it's main villain so quiet and unknown yet these guys can't hold a grain of sand in their sieve?

Err.. What happened?

Without saying too much...a very revealing photograph was part of a browser game licensed by Sony for TASM2 - said photo was from the end credits scene. Not a smart move. Said game has now been taken down.

Why is it such a big deal anyway? Am I the only who doesnt care about it?(serious question) I just want the watch the damn movie.

Why is it such a big deal anyway? Am I the only who doesnt care about it?(serious question) I just want the watch the damn movie.

You're not alone. I'm not too bothered either, though there's no doubting it was a stupid thing to do on their end.

And that's the biggest problem of TASM2 imo. They're trying too hard to be different from Raimi's movies and that's the reason why they making decisions that look awful to me such as Harry being GG first, Harry killing Gwen and now that crap with Norman's head.

Awful in YOUR opinion, a lot of fans are just so damn touchy about canon. (especially when said canon doesn't even really qualify as such with the reboots, different takes on characters, etc)

Change is good sometimes, as long as they stay true to the characters, I like being surprised, I like not expecting what's going to happen, I like that Webb is willing to take risks, that's bold. Doing a carbon copy of what happens in a comic book is IMO lazy & uninspired.

It's the principle of it - I know it's easy to sound hypocritical here as many of us actively seek out spoilerific details, but for Sony to start officially revealing very important plot details, especially ones which are supposed to be saved for a 'secret' ending, it creates chaos. It's almost like they have no respect for the film narrative.

I mean, it's one thing there being rumours, for example, that Snape kills Dumbledore, but imagine JK Rowling's publicist actually revealing that in an interview before the book was released?

Last edited:
Going with Harry as
Gwen's killer
brings a whole new dynamic, imo way more interesting. They could just go canon canon, and it's all good and everything, but trying something different (plus, it's still the Green Goblin, although not Norman, but still, unless he's some Proto Goblin) is interesting & fresh.

The Norman big spoiler probably reads as silly, but I think it's Webb completely embracing the comic booky & fantastical element of the Spidey universe, like he said, he was trying to ground the first movie and there was this giant lizard around, so he's going all out with TASM 2, it's just the nature of the beast, at least, let's at least have some fun with it.

Harry is pretty much a victim of his father's ills. He was abandoned by his father from a young age and now that his father is dying, he will likely seek out Spiderman because he believes he is somehow his one shot at having a real father.

Norman will likely manipulate Harry under the assumption that he needs his blood to survive, and that this will enable them to be a family, etc. And when it's too late, Harry will blame Spidey/Peter for all his grievances and then take away the one person that matters to Peter the most. All that, manipulated by the one, the only, Norman Osborn.

TLDR: Harry is a pawn, a victim. Daddy is the real baddy. All good.

Why is everybody so pissed off?
Didnt we know all this already?

And about Sony 'spoiling' things,we sort of asked for it didnt we?
They are at fault but when you spend so much time on forums,things are bound to get spoiled

As for spoiling the GA,thats not true.99% dont even see anything apart from the official trailers

I made it a little unsafe, but i've edited it just now, and it's all good again.It has been a roller coaster of late! One minute, we're stoked, then shocked, then disappointed, then fearful, then stoked again, etc :D

:funny: Isn't it like that with every spider-man film?

Awful in YOUR opinion, a lot of fans are just so damn touchy about canon. (especially when said canon doesn't even really qualify as such with the reboots, different takes on characters, etc)

Change is good sometimes, as long as they stay true to the characters, I like being surprised, I like not expecting what's going to happen, I like that Webb is willing to take risks, that's bold. Doing a carbon copy of what happens in a comic book is IMO lazy & uninspired.

This :up: Now I know I have been neither for or against Harry
killing Gwen, but no doubt I would prefer Norman to do it but I have always been open to it as long as it is done well and works with the context of the film
At the end of the day I will always have the comics, and that will not change, and yes it would have been nice to have that literally translated, but the changes will be interesting to see too, and could even be just as iconic, or even more, as in the comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"