The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a picture a Spider-man doing that backflip.

I hope the trailer music the use is actually in the film. I love that first song.

TeeKay loved the film even without the score. It's going to send us on a feels trip to Feelington.

TeeKay loved the film even without the score. It's going to send us on a feels trip to Feelington.

WHO????
New thread....lets keep his name out of it. At least in regards to the movie.

Spiderman 2 had a great score. I loved the classical music in it. ASM's score wasn't that great so I'm hoping all the stuff we've heard is Hans Zimmer and Pharrell.

Is it weird that I'm already excited for TASM3?

I was more excited for the sequels than I was for TASM 1.

I hope it leaves the same feeling SM2 left with us. Dying to find out what happens next.

Wow. The swing at 0:16.

Now that's some Bagley ****, right of the page. Freakin' awesome.

I hope they do a tasm director's cut

According to Webb, he made the cuts that resulted in the final product, so...technically we have a director's cut already. :cwink:

It's possible we'd get an extended or alternate version like an ASM 1.1, but I doubt it.

I was more excited for the sequels than I was for TASM 1.

I was far more excited for TASM than SM2 etc, as I just had no idea what we were in for. This was one of the first pictures id seen for the reboot, when I bought an issue of Total Film. I love everything about this picture - the expression, the form, the practicality of the scene

U1xgvVe.jpg

My anticipation for ASM2 is off the charts. I'm not watching any more new footage being released so I don't know if that's making it better or worse, lol. I can't imagine being more excited for this movie than I already am.

Man can may just come already march feels too far away

aww man just three weeks away from april awwww

SM2 had a great theme because Elfman was doing it. Elfman does themes better than Zimmer honestly. Zimmer's good but Elfman's Batman theme & BTAS theme > Nolan series.

I didnt care for elfman's spidey theme but his batman theme takes the cake

That french tv-spot further up on the page. My god, it looks so damn good. And the FX-work! You just can't/shouldn't complain. I KNOW that namely SM2 & 3 pushed the barrier for FX for its time. But it's clear to me that this one takes it even further. It really looks incredible! And Raimis SM2 and 3 never had Spidey move or even look as graceful as in this here TASM2. Spideys acrobatics in this very sequel is without a question the best ever to grace the silver screen. And visually it looks absolutely gorgeous.

And once again, I feel the need to stress this here fact: I still to this day like Raimis original Spiderman film. The best word I can choose to describe it is actually with the word "cute". That's seriously how I feel about it. Raimis SM2 is still pretty great. It's the only spiderman film to date that I think hits marks of some epic proportions. It's a good film, with a nice balanced story. One that felt pretty superior to its predecessor in almost every way. I won't comment on the third film.

That being said. I (now) strongly believe that Webbs TASM2 could, well, pretty damn easily come in from above and squash Raimis Spider-Man 2. Seriously, it wouldn't be that hard. In todays world of superhero films, more is expected, and I ain't talking about action. We want more complex films. We want more complex characters, more exciting and not too predictable stories being told. I think that TASM2 will give us this. And I simply believe that this film will have more brains than "the holy grail", being SM2. I'm not locking anything down here. But the more I see of this film and the more that I hear, the more I believe that this film will be rich on character-developement, and rich in story and complexity. And the whole team behind this whole flick is just so_damn_strong!! - I'm excited.

Last edited:
Speaking of the Raimi series.... Still didn't watch 2.... Too busy with life :( Watched enough of the first one. Even as a kid, I thought it was meh. I did encounter 2 once, but I didn't take it seriously enough to form an opinion.

That french tv-spot further up on the page. My god, it looks so damn good. And the FX-work! You just can't/shouldn't complain. I KNOW that namely SM2 & 3 pushed the barrier for FX for its time. But it's clear to me that this one takes it even further. It really looks incredible! And Raimis SM2 and 3 never had Spidey move or even look as graceful as in this here TASM2. Spideys acrobatics in this very sequel is without a question the best ever to grace the silver screen. And visually it looks absolutely gorgeous.

And once again, I feel the need to stress this here fact: I still to this day like Raimis original Spiderman film. The best word I can choose to describe it is actually with the word "cute". That's seriously how I feel about it. Raimis SM2 is still pretty great. It's the only spiderman film to date that I think hits marks of some epic proportions. It's a good film, with a nice balanced story. One that felt pretty superior to its predecessor in almost every way. I won't comment on the third film.

That being said. I (now) strongly believe that Webbs TASM2 could, well, pretty damn easily come in from above and squash Raimis Spider-Man 2. Seriously, it wouldn't be that hard. In todays world of superhero films, more is expected, and I ain't talking about action. We want more complex films. We want more complex characters, more exciting and not too predictable stories being told. I think that TASM2 will give us this. And I simply believe that this film will have more brains than "the holy grail", being SM2. I'm not locking anything down here. But the more I see of this film and the more that I hear, the more I believe that this film will be rich on character-developement, and rich in story and complexity. And the whole team behind this whole flick is just so_damn_strong!! - I'm excited.

This ^^ (Y). Also
was TeeKay banned

SM2 had a great theme because Elfman was doing it. Elfman does themes better than Zimmer honestly. Zimmer's good but Elfman's Batman theme & BTAS theme > Nolan series.

Wow. That's just funny. Cause for me, I think Zimmer kills Elfman in practically every way possible.

That's just another way of saying that opinions definitely vary. I know you're not alone in digging Elfman, and that's cool. But I've never been too fond of him my self. I always thought his music was best described as being sorta like a coca-cola gone flat. I do think his batman theme IS memorable though, and I also kinda think that one is a better fit for a batman theme, yes. But all in all, I'm really not a fan of his. And namely his spiderman theme felt so not spiderman to me. It all felt so underwhelming.

Just simply Zimmers thoughts & observations about how he wants Spiderman to be "playful" (cause he is a playful superhero in nature), and how Zimmer thought long and hard about what kind of music a teenage-superhero like Peter would actually listen to, is brilliant. And I'll be honest, I never my self thought about that stuff - and obviously, neither did Elfman back in the days.

I think Zimmer will deliver the absolute best soundtrack to a spiderman film to date, and I feel so blessed that he decided to do TASM2!:yay: He is, in my mind & ears, the best damn composer since John Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"