The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Discussion in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' started by Thread Manager, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rise_-

Rise_- Well-Known Member

2. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Danger!

^ Exactly. Could be wrong but I'm on this boat.

3. BobbyCorwin88

BobbyCorwin88 Avatars are hard

So if you turn the logo upside down, it's totally the gmail logo.

[​IMG]

4. UltimateWebhead

UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

I remember Eggyman made a post not too long ago suggesting that Gwen had made the new suit for Peter and I'm on board with this idea. It would be an easy way to transition from one suit to the next and she could have some genuine reasons for creating that design. IMO the ASM suit has a 'mean' look to it...maybe more like an insect...something not so "I'm a do-good citizen." The newer suit, with the larger eyes may have more of a "friendly" appeal. I could see Gwen developing the new design to help him with his public image.

5. ChrisB

ChrisB Batman News

6. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Danger!

Yeah he tweeted someone saying that that photo is from TASM 2...
    ???

7. BobbyCorwin88

Also, really happy they decided to transition from old suit to new suit. If Gwen ends up having a hand in the new suit design I will be one happy camper.

8. Rise_-

Rise_- Well-Known Member

Really doubt it. It doesn't look altered, it looks like a new suit. I posted about the lenses and minor colour changes... all pointing that while it's supposed to be the TASM 1 suit, it's still slightly different.

Anyways, who cares.

Glad that my gut instinct was right and that it's from TASM 2.

9. 747

747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Seeing the transition to the new suit on screen will be cool. I like it!

10. Drummerdude7

Drummerdude7 AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Very glad the first suit will be making a return....I like both it and the new one, and I'm glad we get to see the transition.

11. Vid Electricz

Vid Electricz Well-Known Member

lol @ this:

I think this is great news because that means the reason for Spider-Man’s new suit will be written into the story. In the Batman movies from the 90s Batman would just show up a different costume each time without an explanation. Christopher Nolan broke this trend in The Dark Knight by explaining why Batman needed a new suit. It’s cool to see that Marc Webb seems to be taking a similar approach.

Ah yes, we NEED a reason why he alters the design of his suit. Because he can't turn his head, right? Oh wait...that's right, they're both just lightweight red and blue form fitting costumes with no changes regarding functionality. WE NEED AN EXPLANATION. lol.

I respect Raimi so much for showing restraint and keeping the same costume for three films. Because lets be honest, there really wasn't any reason story-wise to change it. In this day and age of movies they change costumes/designs every film because that means $$$ for marketing and they can sell new action figures, toys, etc...

12. ChrisB

ChrisB Batman News

Well I'm excited to see *some* kind of explanation. I loved that Nolan at least touched on it...

13. GoldGoblin

GoldGoblin Well-Known Member

^
    Kinda looks like New Goblin's costume.

14. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

This. I've been saying it her forever that Gwen should give Peter the classic suit in the sequel.

15. Rise_-

Rise_- Well-Known Member

I'd honestly rather have some crappy explanation that just barely makes sense as opposed to no explanation at all.

16. DaRkVeNgeanCe

DaRkVeNgeanCe An Epic Film Guy

Looks like a swat suit to me, ya so pretty similar. I'm really glad to hear Spidey will start out wearing his original costume and we see a reason why he changes it.

17. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

its great to see we will still get to see some of the first suit in this film :woot: =)

im guessing maybe its gets ripped or ruined by a certain villain maybe =)

18. UltimateWebhead

UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

Or maybe it gets fried and turned black. :cwink:

19. Drummerdude7

Drummerdude7 AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

tEh BlAcK sOoT!!11!!

20. ThePowerCosmic

I know you guys would hate it if they had the old suit a little in the beginning of the movie, then out of nowhere he's in the new suit for another part of the movie. No explanation at all. lol!

21. BobbyCorwin88

Haha. I knew this movie was missing something. "New Goblin: Sponsored by Gmail."
    I'm very ready to see Peter's girlfriend's taking a more active role in Peter's life as Spidey. Raimi's MJ just kind of let things happen to her while Peter went out and saved the day, but Gwen has been built up as a more dominant personality already that I can't see her taking a backseat when all the action starts up. Granted, Gwen is basically just taking MJ's role in USM, but I can't say that's a bad thing.

22. ITheSymbioteI

ITheSymbioteI Well-Known Member

:up: :up:

It looks like the bigger eyes are in this one too. Gwen doing it sounds awesome. Wasn't there some crazy rumor that he was getting stuff from China or some thing like that?

23. GoldGoblin

GoldGoblin Well-Known Member

Gwen making it does make since.She is more of a fancy person,so she makes Peter a more fancier suit.

24. Vid Electricz

-Or the movie could start with the new suit and we, the audience could intuit that peter made himself a new costume with a new design. It's not a huge leap of faith on the audiences' behalf there. lol.

As it is now, any explanation is akin to: "Oh, yeah, here's X reason (suit gets torn, Gwen designs it, etc...) Peter needs a new costume" when in reality we understand it's the execs saying, "we need to sell more toys". It's just a paper thin facade. It's nothing new, but it's completely lame to claim there's no other way.

But maybe you're right. It's cool if they have the old suit in the beginning and then transition to the new suit. It's keeping in perfect following with the emulation of Nolan's Batman films.

25. Vid Electricz

No no no. Parker orders his web fluid from Oscorp. Bruce Wayne orders parts of his costume from China. Easy to mix up though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.