The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - Part 87

Total jerk move. Blowing off your dying best friend from the only possible chance at some sort of alternative outcome of death because of self interest.

Or, it was a difficult choice to make.
Would you give your dying friend a sample of your blood after gaining information that the factor of you gaining powers is inclusive to the lineage you're from and poisonous to others?

The venom from the generically altered Spiders, one of which bit Peter in the first flick, transformed Harry. Peter's blood didn't. And even if it did, Peter at the time of his conversation, without hindsight, would've ever known about it.

The venom from the generically altered Spiders, one of which bit Peter in the first flick, transformed Harry. Peter's blood didn't. And even if it did, Peter at the time of his conversation, without hindsight, would've ever known about it.

Peter's blood is infused with the Spider-Venom, it would have done the same thing.

And even if it did, Peter at the time of his conversation, without hindsight, would've ever known about it.

So at that moment in time, taken in a vacuum, Peter thumped his best friend who was dying.

As Peter himself said in the film, theres no telling what his blood could do to Harry. It might work, it probably won't though. It could kill him or turn him into a monster.

To me it felt very much about Peter fearing and not wanting to again help create a Lizard-type entity.

I do think it was a bad idea for Spider-Man to meet with Harry only to reject him.

Absolutely, that felt like the writers were trying to make him noble but instead the scene made him seem more dim than noble.

To me it felt very much about Peter fearing and not wanting to again help create a Lizard-type entity.

Absolutely, that felt like the writers were trying to make him noble but instead the scene made him seem more dim than noble.

I agree on both accounts. Of all the problems this movie has, this scene is not one of them. Not even in the least.

That's a good way to look at it.

I agree, and I don't hate how Spider-Man is written in that scene, it's a commonly made mistake to say the wrong things for the right reasons.

Anyone know where to find a gif of Max freaking out on Smythe about not being Spider-Man? Scene gets me every time. :hehe:

So at that moment in time, taken in a vacuum, Peter thumped his best friend who was dying.
Read The Night Gwen Stacy Dies once more, stand looking at every moment of high level dickery from Peter Parker, especially the one with his sick friend, then come back here.
And don't make excuses for Peter in that moment of the comic, he has more times being a jerk in that well received and highly popular Spider-Man story.

Anyone know where to find a gif of Max freaking out on Smythe about not being Spider-Man? Scene gets me every time. :hehe:
I couldn't find one, looks like someone needs to make it.

In my opinion, not giving Harry his blood wasn't the jerk move (as he was understandably afraid of the side effects).

What was the jerk move, though, was Peter giving Harry a false sense of hope and then showing up in his Spider-Man suit to tell Harry to his face that he's going to die.

Like ... Nobody could have handled that at least a little bit better? :funny:

Can't expect an INO version of Spidey to handle it better.

Can't expect an INO version of Spidey to handle it better.

Couldn't expect Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci to salvage their disaster of a screenplay at that point either, I guess. :funny:

This is Peter Parker, this is Peter Parker, he makes common mistakes like that, nothing INO with the character about this mistake.

Couldn't expect Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci to salvage their disaster of a screenplay at that point either, I guess. :funny:

Lol gosh no. They were intent on making INO characters across the board. From Peter to Harry to Electro. The only half way decent character was Gwen.

Peter Parker and Spider-Man in this duology are easily the most accurate representation of both character sides on film, the only other film to do a not PINO is the first Raimi film. But since we're talking about this movie; Gwen Stacy is better than half decent, and Peter's family are actually accurate to the comics, though his parents are Ultimate.

I'll give you on every other character being there in name only, they don't resemble any comic book version I'm aware of.

And if you want to continue with the INO tandem, let's go to the Raimi trilogy section and describe how almost every character there is an INO.

Peter Parker and Spider-Man in this duology are easily the most accurate representation of both character sides on film

I'm sorry, you lost me here, because my stomach is aching from the laughter.

Peter Parker and Spider-Man in this duology are easily the most accurate representation of both character sides on film

You may be right. The duology (that was slated to be a trilogy but stopped short because of failure) might have the best representation of the character's sides on film. But I think both Hollande and Tobey look better from the front and 45 degree angle. As well as from the back.

Peter Parker and Spider-Man in this duology are easily the most accurate representation of both character sides on film, the only other film to do a not PINO is the first Raimi film. But since we're talking about this movie; Gwen Stacy is better than half decent, and Peter's family are actually accurate to the comics, though his parents are Ultimate.

I'll give you on every other character being there in name only, they don't resemble any comic book version I'm aware of.

And if you want to continue with the INO tandem, let's go to the Raimi trilogy section and describe how almost every character there is an INO.

Can't really agree with this Aziz. Garfield's version of the character is terribly written imo. The only thing differentiating it from the equally bad Cavill's Superman is that Andrew actually tried to get something out of that crap writing.

Remember the part where he bumps into all those guys at oscorp and makes them spill everything and walks away all cheery and what not. That was so out of character for Peter Parker . He even jumps in the air all giddy. He was an awful Peter

I will defend that part. He was helping Gwen escape. And the reason jumps in the air was because they were seemingly getting back together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"