The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing we can all agree on is this summer we'll be one unforgettable one and will be an awesome year for CBMS

Agreed. We got TA, TASM, and TDK. All of which look like great movies so far. It's probably going to be my favorite summer of all time.

Man if only MOS would have released this year, this year REALLY would have been epic

I can't possibly imagine that. Wow.

I'm just happy I'm getting films for my two favorite heroes. One is just the beginning, and the other one is the conclusion.

I've long known that The Avengers was going to be something special and the same goes for TDKR. TASM still remains the weakest of the bunch by far.

TASM is the only one I'll actually hold out seeing on opening day/weekend. The fact that a Spider-Man movie has me this unexcited & underwhelmed really does say a lot. I never really thought I'd see the day but here we are.

I'm definitely going to wait for reactions from other members here on the hype and and from well thought out reviews from non fans.

Something tells me Webb has got something hiding under his sleeve but this just my thoughts on it, plus due to all the interviews and things, TAS is the first movie i have stayed on top of

I've long known that The Avengers was going to be something special and the same goes for TDKR. TASM still remains the weakest of the bunch by far.

TASM is the only one I'll actually hold out seeing on opening day/weekend. The fact that a Spider-Man movie has me this unexcited & underwhelmed really does say a lot. I never really thought I'd see the day but here we are.

I'm definitely going to wait for reactions from other members here on the hype and and from well thought out reviews from non fans.
Honestly, that's totally understandable. Avengers is a culmination of several years of waiting and build up - it's a type of film thats never been done before as well. Batman is the final chapter in a highly regarded series. Spider-Man....well, we've already had 3 successful Spidey films in the last few years. I'm looking forward to the film, but I'm no where near as excited for it as I was for the previous SM films.

Honestly, that's totally understandable. Avengers is a culmination of several years of waiting and build up - it's a type of film thats never been done before as well. Batman is the final chapter in a highly regarded series. Spider-Man....well, we've already had 3 successful Spidey films in the last few years. I'm looking forward to the film, but I'm no where near as excited for it as I was for the previous SM films.
Thanks for understanding Spider-Who? :up:

Very well said. You've summarized pretty much one of the main reasons why I'm just not all that excited.

Sony's sort of "on a budget" marketing hasn't helped either but I get that they're not in the best financial spot right now so that part is understandable.

I also think the lack of presenting this movies threat and villain in a very appealing way has also acted as a detriment. Half (or more) of what makes a superhero/comic movie great is the villain and I think that barely showing him has hurt the movies marketing.

Focusing so much on elements we've seen on screen already instead of giving us more insight and focus on the villain (via Green Goblin, Magneto, Doc Ock, Joker or Bane) has worked against the movie. The Lizard has felt like an afterthought so far to me.

Agreed on the Lizard, however it could be said that Webb and Co are holding out so seeing the Lizard is more of a thrill in the theater, similar to what Joss is (trying to do) with the Avengers and what they did for Cowboys and Aliens. It's a noble effort, but one that can just as easily backfire.

I'm the opposite on this. The fact that I didn't love the previous 3 films has me too excited for ASM that it scares me.

I liked SM1 and SM2 despite some of their bad decisions and, if you look back, it was a time where the superhero movies were beginning to pop up. I loathed SM3 and rocked at the notion of rebooting the whole thing after that crapfest. Then I see this movie with the elements that felt lacking on the Raimi take but with changes for change sake that might not make it as good as it could. After seeing him quip at the car thief I got giddy but I'm still a bit on the fence. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

Avengers has finally managed to get me hyped after showing the Thor vs Ironman clip and Batman hasn't shown enough for me to start caring yet. It'll probably be a very good movie but meh, lack of Joker makes me a sad panda :(

Last edited:
I liked SM1 and SM2 despite some of their bad decisions and, if you look back, it was a time where the superhero movies were beginning to pop up. I loathed SM3 and rocked at the notion of rebooting the whole thing after that crapfest. Then I see this movie with the elements that felt lacking on the Raimi take but with changes for change sake that might not make it as good as it could. After seeing him quip at the car thief I got giddy but I'm still a bit on the fence. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

Avengers has finally managed to get me hyped after showing the Thor vs Ironman clip and Batman hasn't shown enough for me to start caring yet. It'll probably be a very good movie but meh, lack of Joker makes me a sad panda :(

I can understand the reasons why people are on the fence about this film, but I personally don't understand what is it about ASM in comparison to the previous 3 films that people are on the fence about. Like, what aspects of this film are people worried about in comparison to what they thought were done well in Raimi's films?

As far as I'm concerned, going from the footage I've seen (trailers, sizzle reel, clips) I'm just loving the genuine tone and everything about ASM compared to Raimi's films. We haven't really seen much of the fighting/action, but I'm not too worried. I mean Vic Armstrong was the second unit director and Andy Armstrong was the stunt coordinator. I'm sure we'll be seeing some pretty cool scenes.

As for TDKR, I'm not really hyped but I'm seeing it either way this summer. But the again, they haven't really shown a theatrical trailer have they? The marketing for TDK was insane and the first reveal image of Heath Ledger as the Joker sold me on seeing the film. Sad to say I was pretty disappointed with the film, possibly too hyped up or Nolan's style doesn't gel with me. Probably both.

Last edited:
I can understand the reasons why people are on the fence about this film, but I personally don't understand what is it about ASM in comparison to the previous 3 films that people are on the fence about. Like, what aspects of this film are people worried about in comparison to what they thought were done well in Raimi's films?

As for TDKR, I'm not really hyped but I'm seeing it either way this summer. But the again, they haven't really shown a theatrical trailer have they? The marketing for TDK was insane and the first reveal image of Heath Ledger as the Joker sold me on seeing the film. Sad to say I was pretty disappointed with the film, possibly too hyped up or Nolan's style doesn't gel with me. Probably both.
Yeah they have.

We got the teaser and then the 1st theatrical trailer that was released with Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.

I'm excited for all three movie! This year is so great!

Yeah it was always a given that Avengers and TDKR would be amazing and do well, It's spidey that I'm worried for and rooting for (love the underdog) too many of my friends and people in general put the film down, i really want it to surprise and shock people the way first class did.

Garfield looks like a casting revelation.

Click on the User CP tab underneath the title of this thread. On the left side of the new window, you'll see a column titled "Control Panel". In that column, underneath "Settings and Options", you'll see a link called "Edit Avatar". Go there and upload an image.

There are prerequisites for having an avatar - you have to have been a member for x amount of time (more than a month), and have a certain number of posts, but I don't recall what those numbers are.

Avengers is a friggin amazing, fantastic movie. Just saying.

Thing about Avengers for me is, I know the movie is gunna be lots and lots of fun when I watch it, but I can never appreciate it imo. Partly my own fault for that.

Its just that it that movie would be good no matter what. Theres no other better set-up to a movie like the Avengers has had, so by now, all they have to do is a Michael Bay fest, except with better characters than Bay's, and the movie would be good anyway.

Even if I end up loving it, I feel like I won't appreciate it as much.

EDIT: Also, happy 420 to the people that have fun ;) :D

Unfortunately one or two of the big movies this summer will underwhelm and one will suck. It's a disheartening probability but truth. And, one will surprise everyone and be way better than we expected.

TDKR - might underwhelm but I doubt it. Nolan is a great director.

Prometheus - I feel this is going to be amazing. It could underwhelm though.

Avengers - early reviews are fantastic so it will be good if not great.

Dark Shadows - this will either suck or be a surprise hit.

Brave - it's Pixar...this is a safe bet.

Snow White - will either suck or be really good.

Bourne - I think this will be just ok.

Expendables 2 - I hated the first one so this will be more of the same or slightly better.

ASM - will either be good or underwhelming.

MIB 3 - will most likely suck.

Abe Lincoln - This will either be a surprise or completely suck.

Total Recall - I think this will just be ok. I bet they play it safe and make just a generic/ok movie.

TDKR is the only 2012 film I am not hyped for....AT ALL.

1000336-02-00-00-00_lg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"