The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man Set Pictures, Videos and News Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I can do ASL reallllllllly good. I will post it in here later. :woot:

Since there is no news in here lol.

Read halfway through the way through that thread and found this:

Peter Lyons Collister, ASC
06-01-2011, 10:19 PM
and Wrap...... We just shot the final footage for Spiderman here in NYC. A rain scene at dusk in 3D with the Manhatten bridge in the background with rain towers and backlight and the first take was breathtaking...... I did a few more takes into night but that first take was beautiful.
Print..... Move on.....

Thank you Jim, Jarred, Ted, Deanan, Nate , Brook and John for everything......

Peter

EDIT: and this:
Peter, John, and the entire Spiderman team was an amazing group of people. I was in NYC a few weeks ago visiting set, and saw one of the Producers sitting on a bench smiling. A smiling Producer on a major feature is sort of like an albino albatross - you don't see them often. I asked him what was going on and why he was so happy. He looked at me and said, "I just found out we are going to finish on time and *under* budget."

Being under budget for a major 2D feature is rare. Being under budget for an S3D film of this epic (!) scope and working through so many challenges and new technology points is unheard of.

We are proud to have been part of the effort and we learned an awful lot from working with seasoned professionals like Peter & John.

On to the next feature. (which will be a *huge* one)

Best,

Lucas

Last edited:
Man these camera guys and crew are ****ing in their pants over the footage, I hope it's up to their hype!

Man, I wanna see how this looks!

Now I'm completely psyched about it. I need to see this footage now!

I'm not about to shoot my load until I see the footage myself. I dont care how awesome these crew members think the movie is or whatever, this is the sort of sing a long, hands in the air praises the crew were chanting on the last 3 spidey movies. Some one show me actual footage of this movie and I'll tell you if it's safe to start playing pocket pool.

There's nothing to **** yourself over yet, they're just talking about how great the camera makes the film look, not a description of the quality of Spider-Man in action.

©KAW;20531911 said:
There's nothing to **** yourself over yet, they're just talking about how great the camera makes the film look, not a description of the quality of Spider-Man in action.

^This

Some awesome words about the quality of some footage that was screened over the weekend at Sony. Sadly, no description. Its pretty much about how awesome the EPIC is.

http://reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?59376-IMPORTANT-Spiderman-update.

That's strictly a camera technical aspect.

For all I know, this movie is still the very uneven combination of horrible Spidey outfit, abstruse lack of John Jonah Jameson :huh: and amazing actors like Rhys Ifans and Emma Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"