The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'The Avengers Sequels' started by Thread Manager, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Ironstar Registered

Have y ever watch Buffy/Angel?

2. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

No, he really didn't say that Thanos wouldn't be the villain in TA2. Here's the actual quote:

And I'll leave this interpretation from Alasdair Wilkins of io9.com, who puts it more eloquently than I can:

3. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Bits, not that much. It's fine, I just don't watch much TV. Why?

4. The Ironstar Registered

They used a lot of magic for the tv series,even w/low budget they had a lot cool special effects.

5. Mjölnir Guest

I don't know if I'm that fond of having them fight his underlings for most of the movie and then only face him in the final act, where they would have to defeat him. I think Thanos is better for an entire movie where he can defeat The Avengers before he gets defeated himself.

6. Lorus Registered

I think it's worth emphasising that Whedon's contract with Marvel expires in 2015, after Avengers 2. Unless a new deal is negotiated, he has no involvement in the future of the MCU post his next Avengers movie. As such, it seems unlikely that he would spend his time in the MCU setting up toys for other people to potentially play with. Given Whedon's favourite Avengers stories, I'd say he set Thanos up at the end of Avengers in order to do the stuff he really wants to do, and that he enjoyed reading in his youth, when he is in a position to have more direct creative control. I wouldn't think for a second anyone at Marvel is plotting Avengers 3 right now as they don't know who will even be around in phase 3.

7. Chris B Registered

Personally, I'd rather they deal with Thanos now rather than latter since I really want to see the current cast going up against a classic Avengers rogue like Kang or Ultron. I mean, A3 seems like the perfect place for Ultron seeing how Ant-Man is going to kick off Phase 3.

8. rashad Hype Board Junkie

It doesn't matter none of the main heroes are going to die. lol

9. Vartha Mod of Thunder

We humans are a persistant lot. :D

10. Joined:
    Jan 12, 2007
    I would definitely want Thanos for Avengers 2 as the main villain. If not Thanos then I would love for a Masters of Evil

11. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Any Ant Man/Wasp type effects? I want the characters but I don't know if the GA would take a truly giant male hero or extremely tiny woman heroine seriously. Most other Avengers are between regular human up to Hulk size which people can accept a lot more easily despite their outlandish powers.

12. Hyde Ooga-Chaka

Eh Maybe tweeted Whedon earlier saying that he might reveal the villain and other characters of TA2... Which will probably be forgotten about soon enough

13. Aztec Registered

I can't wait until he does with an "Exclusive Reveal". Then two days later he releases another "LR Exclusive" that the information "may have been wrong"! You know, like he does every single time...

14. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Joss really hasn't said ANYTHING about a villian really either way. Just that tid bit on Pietro and Wanda

15. Hyde Ooga-Chaka

He'll use the excuse that the info is only from the first draft so may (probably) will be false by the time the movie opens, lol

16. ThePowerCosmic Hyped Up

Mayimbe said villain(s), so that implies more than one. How many more is the real question, though.

17. Mrs. Sawyer Registered

Honestly, I couldn't care less what that guy says. He's a full of s**t blogger (not a journalist or a reporter) with a s****y track record who has his head incredibly far his own ass.

To keep record, this is the same guy who said the after credits of Iron Man 3 would be him going into space, that Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale would be involved in Justice League, and that Hulk 2/Avengers 3 will be Planet Hulk/World War Hulk. All of these were false.

18. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well Bruce Banner was spaced out at the end of IM3. :p

19. mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

hahaha. We need more Ruffalo in Phase 2.. just have him cameo in every after credits scene!

20. Frico The Man Without Fear

:up:

21. Whiskey Tango Registered

Maybe false on your planet, but on El Maybe's planet, these things happen every day. ARRIBA!

22. SpideyFan866 Registered

It's a REEEEAAAALLY bad thing when CosmicBookNews and Roger Wardell have become more credible than you.

Seriously. Both of them, separately, have been right more times than El Mayimbe.

#947 SpideyFan866, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
  23. Blackman C'mon Son

Im not even gonna lie, I'd be fine with that. I really hope we get TIH2 in Phase 3

24. Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

*****ing out on his Planet Hulk "scoop" was bad enough, but he's really been digging his hole deeper and deeper since then. If I were him after that, I would've played things safe and really checked every source to make sure it didn't happen again, rather than snorting up any rumors or false info like lines of coke and then spewing them out as big-time exclusives.

It sucks, really. I used to hear Latino-Review as a source and could safely assume it was at least generally accurate. Now, I have to make sure the blogger isn't Eh Maybe and read into it with more skepticism.

Back to TA2, my biggest interest in the two Quicksilvers is how differently his superspeed will be portrayed between the two. Both Singer and Whedon sound like they have fairly specific ideas in mind, and you can display superspeed in various ways.

25. SpideyFan866 Registered

El Mayimbe IS what people accuse CBM of being.

All he does is report rumors/scoops as 100% fact without even checking his source.

At least CBM has the courtesy to label Scoops as Rumors until confirmed.

Mayimbe is shameless in his quest for a scoop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.