XGsSM91.png

I guess it's true what they say .....

Two Rocks don't make a right.
XGsSM91.png

But three lefts makes you a member of Cyberforce

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r69/Rocksp/comics/MorganStryker.jpg

(...or something like that)

Mjölnir;25965517 said:
Yes, there's definitely reason to have trust in Whedon and the one thing that makes it easier for him to do this is that Hulk doesn't have to carry the movie on his own. In a new solo movie he'd have to do that while in TA2 the main dynamic will be that between the members of the team.
Good point. I guess he'll need more of a personal conflict in a solo film. Maybe losing a friend and then outright killing some bad guys.

Count me in the Cap picks up Mjolnir camp as well maybe after we get Beta-Ray Bill though.

i don't know why anyone hasn't mentioned this yet, but Whedon said a few days ago that he won't make avengers 2 without RDJ

Yeah, although he said he was confident that it wouldn't be a problem and is best for him, best for Marvel & best for RDJ that it happens.

No, he said he *can't imagine* making Avengers 2 without RDJ. That is *not* the same thing.

i don't know why anyone hasn't mentioned this yet, but Whedon said a few days ago that he won't make avengers 2 without RDJ
Actually he said that he had no intention of making Avengers 2 without RDJ. And then he went on to say that you always had to have contingency plans for that kind of thing anyway

Of course the internet ran with the first part out of context, because that's what the internet does

More comments from Joss about Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch on the Tavis Smiley Show (no idea who that is) .....

"We are introducing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch who are mainstays of The Avengers universe, they're foes, they've been allies and they're very interesting to me because I grew up reading The Avengers. They have powers that are visually exciting, different from the characters we've seen before so I'm excited to knock them against The Avengers and see what shakes loose."

Interesting.

I imagine they might have an arc similar to Hawkeye's in TA, without Asgardian posession.

I had a feeling they'd be introduced as villains at first.

Anybody remember this tweet? I'm still holding out hope that he's right about it. There have been a lot of rumors about Black Panther recently.
https://twitter.com/mikesang/status/336912286511939585

the whole scouting filming spots in south africa (or wherever that was) also made me feel like he will be included in some capacity. I'd honestly be okay with Wakanda just being involved and T'Chaka (I think that's his dad's name) being the ruler and Black Panther but he wouldn't need to be fighting with the Avengers just being there would be cool. Then maybe we see his younger son at his side, pointing to things to come in Phase 3.

I had a feeling they'd be introduced as villains at first.

I could see them working for the big bad guy reluctantly then they realize that their on the wrong side of the fight or something and switch over to help defeat the big baddie. Doubt they'd stay as strictly villains the whole movie

It might be nice if they continue a slightly more villainous personality once they turn though so that the other avengers are always wondering if they can really be trusted?

I'm so excited that Joss is excited. I think he's like me, he worried about a project until he finds something that excites him about it then he can't stop!

Aaron Johnson is the frontrunner for Quicksilver!

'Kick-ash' Star Aaron Johnson Frontrunner to Play Quicksilver in 'Avengers 2' (Exclusive)

"Kick-ash" star Aaron Taylor-Johnson is being eyed for the role of Quicksilver in Marvel's "The Avengers 2," an individual familiar with the project has told TheWrap.

A representative for Marvel did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Quicksilver is one of two new characters director Joss Whedon is introducing in the sequel, along with the Scarlet Witch.

Johnson is the frontrunner for the coveted role, though no decision has been made at this time.

Marvel is still negotiating with Robert Downey Jr. to reprise his role as Iron Man in "The Avengers 2." Other cast members expected to return include Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Captain America, Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye.

Johnson, who is coming off of Oliver Stone's "Savages," previously starred in "The Avengers 2." He's recently starred in "Anna Karenina" and is currently filming "Godzilla" for Legendary Pictures. He's repped by WME, Hamilton Hodell, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and attorney David Weber.

Source: The Wrap

Last edited:
I could see them working for the big bad guy reluctantly then they realize that their on the wrong side of the fight or something and switch over to help defeat the big baddie. Doubt they'd stay as strictly villains the whole movie

I don't think they'll stay as villains either.
They'll probably switch sides by the 3rd act and help the Avengers overcome impossible odds... Then again, it's also possible their switch to the good side doesn't come until a follow-up movie.

So does that mean Clark Duke will be Tyler Perry's 3rd version of Quicksilver Whedon was joking about? :p

11_72dpi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back