The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'The Avengers Sequels' started by Thread Manager, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePowerCosmic

I still remember what he said about Black Panther supposedly having a movie due out next year.

2. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

DOn't remind me :csad:

3. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah I love this guy. And his alter ego! TIH2 if they do it could be the best Hulk film by some distance. Also they finally nailed a look for Hulk that nearly everyone likes.

4. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

It will be interesting to see where Whedon takes Banner/Hulk from now on. Personally I think the character is the most interesting when Banner is tormented by the scary thing inside of him but since all we've seen past that is a battle scene we don't really know where it will go. I hope it won't be on the level where Banner just "suits up".

5. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

In the next HUlk movie I really hope we get some conversations between Hulk and Banner in their mind.

I think there still has to be a level of torment though. Maybe not the focal point as with all the Hulk movies, but I think it still has to be there as it is such a big part of the character

6. Endeavor

Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

There's an issue of X-Factor which I loved in which Pietro is shown to sit in front of a piano and make horrible noise for a couple of seconds, after which he starts playing like a pro. When asked if he was just being annoying before, he replied no, he was just learning to play the instrument... I'd love for that concept to be carried over somehow, in both the Fox and MCU interpretation of the character. It shouldn't be just running fast, that we've all seen before. A true speedster should be more.

7. Iceman

I think you're probably right and me wrong here but I just prefer Hulk as the kind of fun hero he was in Avengers. I can't think of anything more boring than having him being chased by the government and army again. The torment is definitely interesting as long as Hulk gets to be awesome & heroic & not always an enemy of the people on the run. I'm sure my opinion on that is different to most people's. :woot:

8. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

9. Gamma Goliath

Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

It's funny you say that because in the new Avengers run in the Marvel now comics banner regularly Just suits up.

10. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

It's just opinions so no right and wrong here in my view. I agree that Hulk doesn't have to be a complete uncontrollable monster that makes Banner run (that part is over), but I want the danger to be there to some extent so Banner just doesn't turn into a green beast version of Colossus. The duality between Banner and Hulk has been one of the most unique things with that character, although I've of course read plenty of comics where that isn't an issue for a variety of reasons.

So as said, I'm interested in seeing where Whedon takes it. In my mind they've now passed the most interesting stage of the character but I feel confident that Whedon can make the rest great as well.

I haven't read that as I'm mainly focusing on reading older things that I've missed out on during the long time I didn't keep up with comics (currently reading Journey Into Mystery). I've read plenty of things that have completely left out the dynamic I'm referring to though and I do realize that "suiting up" is the likely scenario.

11. Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

I may be alone...but I kinda want Cap to pick up Mjolnir.

12. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Well-Known Member

You're alone.

13. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Doubtful. It happened in the comics, so I'm sure some fans would like to see it live action.

14. Iceman

Yeah he's a talented writer and great for character pieces. I'm sure he can do well with it if he does do it. Can also understand why people would find that phase of Hulk more interesting. :up:

15. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

Yes, there's definitely reason to have trust in Whedon and the one thing that makes it easier for him to do this is that Hulk doesn't have to carry the movie on his own. In a new solo movie he'd have to do that while in TA2 the main dynamic will be that between the members of the team.

16. ThePowerCosmic

Seeing Cap lift Mjolnir would be cool, but I'd save that for TA3.

17. sabetoonth

sabetoonth Where You Get Those Eyes?

It'd be cool, but Im in no huge hurry to see it. But it'd be cool

18. ThePowerCosmic

Maybe it's done in a way where Cap is trapped somewhere, and Thor hurls Mjolnir in to get him out. Mjolnir slams through whatever obstacle there is, and hovers in front of Cap. Cap then reaches out to the floating hammer and grips the handle. For a second, it looks like he's lifting Mjolnir until it shoots off into the distance with Cap holding on.

19. Joeyjojo72

Joeyjojo72 Well-Known Member

No, it should be clear that he is able to lift it because of his worthiness to do so. That's what we're talking about.

20. Rock Sexton

Lots of things "happened in the comics" ...... and things like Cap with the Mjolnir happen because there are thousands upon thousands of stories written. Why is anyone so in a hurry to see something when we're still barely getting to know these characters and what makes them unique?

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  21. spideymouse

spideymouse Well-Known Member

I think it's because when Cap was revealed to be worthy of wielding the hammer, that was a unique, character-defining moment in the comics. It's definitely something that people remember out of the "thousands upon thousands" of less memorable stories written.

22. ThePowerCosmic

Something I'm really excited to see is how Quicksilver's powers look on the big screen, and how it compares to Singer's approach in DOFP. There's a lot of potential there.

23. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

...okay. That has nothing to do with Ms Marvel being alone in wanting to see the particular "thing" she(?) mentioned.

Fans are always going to speculate about seeing moments from the comics in the live action adaptations.

24. Rock Sexton

Chief, I was responding to YOUR explanation ..... since you were basically acting as her mouth piece.

25. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

...okay. The answer remains the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.