Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - - Part 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not emotionally attached to it. Whether at SDCC, D23 or in Marvel's own special event doesn't really matter in the long run. And the folks complaining about how Hollywood has taken over SDCC from the comics where the focus used to be can now sit a little easier as things seem to be turning their way again.

marvel's surprise tuesday announcement last year proved that they are bigger than any convention - even the presidential ones lol. if they decide to have their own marvel convention, they will be just as big as sdcc.

Doesn't anyone else think the scene of Cap being grabbed by the throat is Ultron himself? The background looks like the bridge that Cap, Thor, IM, SW, QS and Ultron are shown facing each other? This would explain why Cap is overpowered in this scene against how easy the team are destroying robots in the other scene. There has to be a difference shown in powers displayed by different characters to make any fight scene believable.

The scene of Ultron 'unplugging' himself is also interesting as he appears [BLACKOUT] to be in a confined space which is probably the lorry we see in the Korea scene. [/BLACKOUT] I suspect this scene happens early in the movie as we see the twins meeting this version of Ultron. Prior to this I wonder if we only see [BLACKOUT] the battered party version and Ultron causing trouble as AI only by messing with important computer systems etc? [/BLACKOUT]

I think Ultron is inside that truck. He's probably uploading his consciousness to the Internet, or uploading himself to a newer, better body. If you look closely at the scene with Cap fighting Ultron, you can see a robot inside the truck.

That's my point Evans said the drones were strong, but then Widow is just killing them with a pistol. Cap also kicks one to death as well.

So I think the device maybe weakening them somehow.

I don't get the logic where Widow and her gun are ineffective. I'm pretty sure a generically placed kick (even from Cap) is less effective than a bullet through wherever the drones get their power from.

After all if I had to sign up to either get a kick from Cap or a bullet to the head from Widow, I know which one I'm picking.

Most fans are hoping the announcement will be a Spider-Man one.

LIVE NEWS: THE AVENGERS BEAT ULTRON! [YT]l1oJd8Levi8[/YT]

I think Ultron is inside that truck. He's probably uploading his consciousness to the Internet, or uploading himself to a newer, better body. If you look closely at the scene with Cap fighting Ultron, you can see a robot inside the truck.

I think that Ultron is uploaded onto one of the robots we see flying next to the truck. He then manages to upload himself into the advanced model we see fighting Cap on top of the truck (which we see being unplugged). The robot we see in the truck is the previous robot which is left inactivated when Ultron switches models.

I think this is why Dr Cho is in the movie. I think her company will be developing an enhanced robot for Starks peace keeping programme, and this scene will show this model being moved and intercepted by Ultron. I also think her company will be mass producing less advanced robots which Ultron will also take for his army.

I think that Ultron is uploaded onto one of the robots we see flying next to the truck. He then manages to upload himself into the advanced model we see fighting Cap on top of the truck (which we see being unplugged). The robot we see in the truck is the previous robot which is left inactivated when Ultron switches models.

I think this is why Dr Cho is in the movie. I think her company will be developing an enhanced robot for Starks peace keeping programme, and this scene will show this model being moved and intercepted by Ultron. I also think her company will be mass producing less advanced robots which Ultron will also take for his army.

That all makes a lot of sense.

I don't get the logic where Widow and her gun are ineffective. I'm pretty sure a generically placed kick (even from Cap) is less effective than a bullet through wherever the drones get their power from.

After all if I had to sign up to either get a kick from Cap or a bullet to the head from Widow, I know which one I'm picking.

Guns are pretty useless if the enemy is bulletproof though. Plus unless Widow has an endless supply of bullets she will have to resort to fighting if a battle lasts for some time (same for Hawkeye and his arrows).

Caps punches and kicks seemed to be VERY powerful in TWS, plus he can cause serious damage using his shield. Even if he loses his shield he's still powerful (unlike Widow if she loses her gun or gadgets).

It's ok to have varying powers on the team, but these have to be portrayed according to the characters abilities or the audience will find the action unconvincing.

To be honest this was a conversation people had before A1, Widow and Hawkeye don't belong they would die, and I'm sure it will be mentioned again probably for CW and almost certainly for IW.

It's a movie, I mean realistically Bond would have been killed hundreds of times same with any action hero in their films.

According to the Lego sets Vision is somehow involved in this fight so maybe he is also inside the truck.

To be honest this was a conversation people had before A1, Widow and Hawkeye don't belong they would die, and I'm sure it will be mentioned again probably for CW and almost certainly for IW.

It's a movie, I mean realistically Bond would have been killed hundreds of times same with any action hero in their films.

Ya, you've got a point. We can't overanalyse this sort of thing. But Marvel doesn't stray too much from reality. So, I think that hawkeye and BW will have some updated powers - in the case of hawkeye, arrows that explosive or melting metal effects and in the case of BW, she will have new gadgets and those bullets won't be normal bullets, for sure - to face off against Ultron's army.

BW has those shock sticks though, right?

Well time to start my overly elaborate MCU marathon.

Luckily I'm waiting on some papers and stuff and won't be starting my new job till April 1st. So plenty of time to fit in all the movies and TV shows. :woo:

Well time to start my overly elaborate MCU marathon.

Luckily I'm waiting on some papers and stuff and won't be starting my new job till April 1st. So plenty of time to fit in all the movies and TV shows. :woo:

Congrats on the new job. Do you have a specific viewing order for your MCU marathon?

I wouldn't be able to do the MCU cinema marathon that has been advertised in the UK. Being in a cinema for that length of time sounds painful.

Congrats on the new job. Do you have a specific viewing order for your MCU marathon?

I wouldn't be able to do the MCU cinema marathon that has been advertised in the UK. Being in a cinema for that length of time sounds painful.

Cheers buddy, well I was going to go release order Phase 1, IM3, then AoS mixed with Thor and Cap etc

But I've decided to add Agent Carter, I do literally have nothing to do most days for like 3 weeks, so might as well. And so I've decided to go chronological. I know you have that end scene of TFA, but I don't think you can watch Agent Carter before TFA either so.
TFA, AC, IM, TIH, Thor, IM2, Avengers, IM3, AoS, TDW, AoS, TWS, AoS

I'll try and pace it so I do the bulk of it before my jobs starts then watch like an episode a day of AoS once I begin, adding in a binge watch of DD when it comes out.

I'll probably end up watching Avengers again the night before seeing AoU as well.

Cheers buddy, well I was going to go release order Phase 1, IM3, then AoS mixed with Thor and Cap etc

But I've decided to add Agent Carter, I do literally have nothing to do most days for like 3 weeks, so might as well. And so I've decided to go chronological. I know you have that end scene of TFA, but I don't think you can watch Agent Carter before TFA either so.

I'll try and pace it so I do the bulk of it before my jobs starts then watch like an episode a day of AoS once I begin, adding in a binge watch of DD when it comes out.

I'll probably end up watching Avengers again the night before seeing AoU as well.

Sounds like a good plan. Going to do something similar myself over the next few weeks.

I found out last week that I have to go on a business trip week commencing Monday 20th April and won't be home until Sunday 25th. The early UK AoU release date has been ruined for me :waa:

Don't hold your breath. It seems more like a deliberate lie like what you will find on Moviepilot

Even if true, how would that be considered a "massive spoiler"?

Marvel's been in the process of transitioning out of the SDCC thing for a while now. They want to do stuff like how they did the Phase 3 announcement. Their own venue where they don't have to share the spotlight with anyone else. Maybe they'll leave some of the TV/Netflix stuff for SDCC and of course the comics themselves are still a presence there but the rest have sort of outgrown comic con. Not even sure D23 is the replacement but that would make sense.

I see nothing to support this. And they only did their own announcement in October because they didn't have it ready for SDCC (per Feige).

Guns are pretty useless if the enemy is bulletproof though. Plus unless Widow has an endless supply of bullets she will have to resort to fighting if a battle lasts for some time (same for Hawkeye and his arrows).

Caps punches and kicks seemed to be VERY powerful in TWS, plus he can cause serious damage using his shield. Even if he loses his shield he's still powerful (unlike Widow if she loses her gun or gadgets).

It's ok to have varying powers on the team, but these have to be portrayed according to the characters abilities or the audience will find the action unconvincing.

But not more powerful than a bullet. Besides Widow has other weapons & gadgets she can use. Moreover just because she or Hawkeye are in the fight doesn't mean they are being portrayed as being physically effective as Hulk, Thor or IM.

Thor should come after IM2, since Coulson leaves Stark in IM2 then shows up in Thor.

Don't hold your breath. It seems more like a deliberate lie like what you will find on Moviepilot

I don't know. It might be a [BLACKOUT]post-credits scene or a setup to civil war at the end of AoU[/BLACKOUT]. Either way, if marvel reworked the release dates for other movies, that could mean that they want him to appear in their films as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"