Infinity War The AVENGERS INFINITY WAR OFFICIAL SPOILER Thread - Part 2

Red Skull was so freakin out of character lol

Not really man. It's what, 73 years later, he's like a hundred years old and probably hasn't spoken to a single soul since 1945.

He's lost his dream, he can't get the Soul Stone because he doesn't love anything and has nothing to sacrifice. Dude's in limbo, on his own, knowing he'll never have any real power and can't project all his awful stuff subjugating others ever again.

He's basically Thanos if he failed, really early on, only ever having managed to possess one stone and unable to get any more, and trapped for all eternity forced to help someone else possess power instead, should they make it to the mountain.

So can we discuss some theories about what people think is to come?

I'm sort of thinking something to do with Pym, personally, like a backdoor into time travel somehow using all the quantum stuff. Not much to support the theory though, but can't see how else they'd do it.

I do believe the time jump theory though, just given how RDJ looked in the pics. 5 years or so maybe, whoever's left has been trying to figure it out the whole time, before going on some trippy quantum/time mission thing and taking Thanos off-guard.

Did Thanos know the time stone was on earth? Also think that Loki's attack on NY was to half the population as per how Thanos saw things. Still unexplainable. Dr Strange cloak of levitation must be a girl lol the way it was mimicking Tony when he was arguing with Spiderman.

I guess the space stone gives him a kind of omnipresence. Some kind of cosmic awareness.

Did Thanos know the time stone was on earth?
Yes, he said so in the first scene when he sent the Black Order after it.

Also think that Loki's attack on NY was to half the population as per how Thanos saw things. Still unexplainable.
I think it was a nice touch to show the Chitauri as his army in the Gamora flashback, giving us a sort of "what if" scenario of what would've happened if Earth hadn't had the Avengers.

After a 2nd viewing I can't help but wonder if Thanos "knows" Tony Stark so well because he forged a connection with him through the Mind Stone (and that's what happened when Tony first grabbed the Stone/Scepter in the opening sequence of AoU). It almost feels like Thanos was happy to leave the Mind Stone on Earth for a while as a sort of Trojan horse, and could've even been at least partially responsible for Ultron (since the Mind Stone just "switched on" and hijacked their system after Tony got it into his possession).

From the previous thread
Originally Posted by Drizzle
Rene Russo??? Frigga died in Thor: The Dark World.
Sigrunn
A little birdie told me she was at the Edinburgh Castle while IW was filming. Curious if it was for IW or A4.
I believe it was Edinburgh Catherdal, not Castle. There was nothing resembling the interior of the Catherdal in IW, so it has to be for A4.
If Frigga was there, it looks like
they were filming Valhalla

Yes, he said so in the first scene when he sent the Black Order after it.

I think it was a nice touch to show the Chitauri as his army in the Gamora flashback, giving us a sort of "what if" scenario of what would've happened if Earth hadn't had the Avengers.

After a 2nd viewing I can't help but wonder if Thanos "knows" Tony Stark so well because he forged a connection with him through the Mind Stone (and that's what happened when Tony first grabbed the Stone/Scepter in the opening sequence of AoU). It almost feels like Thanos was happy to leave the Mind Stone on Earth for a while as a sort of Trojan horse, and could've even been at least partially responsible for Ultron (since the Mind Stone just "switched on" and hijacked their system after Tony got it into his possession).

This sounds like reasonable speculation to me.

It also makes the results of the New York invasion all the more impressive seeing that now we know the Chitauri in the MCU were a well oiled war machine.

The Russo's fleshed out Thor's character and explained his radical personality change in one scene better than Taika did in an entire movie.

By the way is there a gallery of all of the BTS stuff anywhere? I suppose we can start confirming which stuff is from A4 now...

Wish Thanos had fought more without the gauntlet. He mad hulk look puny and he moved fast.

You know how you see a movie and one line hits you, and stays with you but after you've seen it the quote starts wearing off and is not as awesome as the first time you hear it.

Cannot see that happening with that "bring me thanos" line ever.

The Russo's fleshed out Thor's character and explained his radical personality change in one scene better than Taika did in an entire movie.

By the way is there a gallery of all of the BTS stuff anywhere? I suppose we can start confirming which stuff is from A4 now...

For me one of my favorite Thor moments now of all time is the dialog scene he has with Rocket.

"I'm 1,300 years old..." etc. Great stuff. THAT is the Thor I want to see more of.

Ya know, when you think of how old Thor is, these last 7 years are really just like...a ridiculously terrible week for him.

But really, Thor was my favorite Avenger in this movie. I kind of expected to be bored by his side-quest when I first heard about it, but all his scenes with Rocket and Groot were gold. He's practically tied with Cap as my fave overall now, which is something I never could've expected 2 years ago.

Ya know, when you think of how old Thor is, these last 7 years are really just like...a really terrible week for him.

But really, Thor was my favorite Avenger in this movie. I kind of expected to be bored by his side-quest when I first heard about it, but all his scenes with Rocket and Groot were gold. He's practically tied with Cap as my fave overall now, which is something I never could've expected 2 years ago.

They balanced out the characterization here so that if you liked Thor after RAGNAROK you got some funny stuff but if you liked Thor in his first film and in A1 you got some serious introspection and badassery.

Groot is worthy

Here's a question... Does the new hammer have the worthiness enchantment? I don't think so.

They balanced out the characterization here so that if you liked Thor after RAGNAROK you got some funny stuff but if you liked Thor in his first film and in A1 you got some serious introspection and badassery.

Here's a question... Does the new hammer have the worthiness enchantment? I don't think so.

I think it does, he kinda called it when he was on the floor. My question is how does he fly with it? With Mjolnir it kinda dragged him imitating flight. How did he fly with Strombreaker? Someone also asked asked why he didn't summon lightening when Thanos had him like he did with Hela.

Not really man. It's what, 73 years later, he's like a hundred years old and probably hasn't spoken to a single soul since 1945.

He's lost his dream, he can't get the Soul Stone because he doesn't love anything and has nothing to sacrifice. Dude's in limbo, on his own, knowing he'll never have any real power and can't project all his awful stuff subjugating others ever again.

He's basically Thanos if he failed, really early on, only ever having managed to possess one stone and unable to get any more, and trapped for all eternity forced to help someone else possess power instead, should they make it to the mountain.

I wonder, how did he not die? He's like 100+ years old by now.

His imperfect version of Super Solider Serum likely allowed him to survive somewhat and then the Soul Stone sustained him whilst he was it's keeper.

I think it does, he kinda called it when he was on the floor. My question is how does he fly with it? With Mjolnir it kinda dragged him imitating flight. How did he fly with Strombreaker? Someone also asked asked why he didn't summon lightening when Thanos had him like he did with Hela.

The worthiness thing has nothing to do with Thor being able to call it. Mjolnir was under his command and he was able to call it before the worthiness enchantment as well remember?

Haha, good summary. All that can change a man.

From the previous thread

I believe it was Edinburgh Catherdal, not Castle. There was nothing resembling the interior of the Catherdal in IW, so it has to be for A4.
If Frigga was there, it looks like
they were filming Valhalla

If they found a way to bring Red Skull back, then anything is possible in terms of returning characters. They are bringing back Ronan and Korath. I would love to see an update to Abomination somehow.

Certain human beings live into their 110s. He's got the same serum Steve does for the most part, better than Bucky's, faster metabolism and general functions like Steve. If a regular person with good diet & exercise and not prone to genetically-dictated illnesses can live that long, you'd figure someone on the serum would have another 10-15 years on them, maybe even more.

Assuming he's actually alive. If he's not, if he's a spirit of sorts within the stone, he's pretty much eternal.

Some further thoughts:
- The battle on Titan with all of them trying to restrain Thanos was great, as was Peter Quill's reaction when he realises Thanos is responsible for Gamora's death.
- The moment between Thor and Rocket on the ship, some great acting by Hemsworth.

Also, isn't Thor seriously overpowered now? His Stormbreaker OVERPOWERED Thanos WITH the Infinity Gauntlet, although an arguement could be made that Thano was caught off guard.

What is the point of having Thor with the rest of the Avengers going forward? Am I missing something here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"