Infinity War The AVENGERS INFINITY WAR OFFICIAL SPOILER Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avengers-Infinity-War-Fan-Art-The-Last-Shawarma-From-BossLogic.jpg

With the start of fan and press screenings, let's start discussing spoilers here rather than in the rest of the threads.

Again, what exactly were you expecting? That folks wouldn't die and that Thanos wouldn't do the snap? If so, that's on you and your expectations.

Nope. The snap was a given. But I was expecting permanent, non-snap deaths of heroes we knew wouldn't be revived unless it was time travel or BARF. Only A3 candidates for permanent death past A4 are Loki and Gamora.

Nope. The snap was a given. But I was expecting permanent, non-snap deaths of heroes we knew wouldn't be revived unless it was time travel or BARF. Only A3 candidates for permanent death past A4 are Loki and Gamora.

Every single Asgardian except for Thor could be added to that list. Heck, whatever happened on Xandar, too, and countless others... (how is Thanos supposed to be "sympathetic" again? I don't get it)

I wonder who in the Ant-Man crew is going to be affected by the snap (if any), and if we'll see it happen in that movie.

And Vision possibly.

And Vision possibly.

I don't think so, it was shown that Shuri finishes her work (at least that was my impression) in the lab, before Vision leaves ... Looks very much like foreshadowing to me that he'll still be intact without the stone.

Just coming from the press screening, the missing gravitas of the deaths was a big thing for many of the people there too, me included. Also the whole marketing campaign around Hakweye feels forced and embarrassing now, like they realized they ****ed up not using one of the founding Avengers in the first movie and when the fans complained, they started creating some mythic hype around if he's even in or not... When he was simply left out of that movie. Seriously, that lack of balls is even more annoying than just ignoring that character once again...

Only A3 candidates for permanent death past A4 are Loki and Gamora.
Unless they do Gamora's soul stone story from the comics or a similar version of it. I can't believe they would permanently kill off the only female Guardian (and Nebula will probably be dead by A4...so both female characters). Not only is she the only adult in a crew of morons but her death would make her just another fridged female. And we never even got to see her fight for real, which essentially makes me ask what the point of her character was outside of her relation to Thanos.

So there's likely going to be a fight between Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch in Avengers 4 when they meet (don't give me cinematic blue balls, Russo's) judging by what happens in Infinity War.

So there's likely going to be a fight between Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch in Avengers 4 when they meet (don't give me cinematic blue balls, Russo's) judging by what happens in Infinity War.

Why would they fight each other?

I read a few things about Thor beating Thanos at the battle in Wakanda

That's true??? Thunder god is going to beat Thanos ???

Unless they do Gamora's soul stone story from the comics or a similar version of it. I can't believe they would permanently kill off the only female Guardian (and Nebula will probably be dead by A4...so both female characters). Not only is she the only adult in a crew of morons but her death would make her just another fridged female. And we never even got to see her fight for real, which essentially makes me ask what the point of her character was outside of her relation to Thanos.

Despite the fact that my daughter is going to be thoroughly devastated by Gamora's demise, I fully expected Gamora to die in this and not because of plot convenience or her gender or anything like that, but because the actress is scheduled to start filming four Avatar sequels and Star Trek 4, and both of those contracts, I believe, predate her Marvel contract.

That said, as someone who cares very little for Avatar beyond the first one being visually pretty I'd much rather see Gamora in GotG 3 then get four Avatar sequels.

I read a few things about Thor beating Thanos at the battle in Wakanda

That's true??? Thunder god is going to beat Thanos ???

To me that scene wasn't completely clear. I'd more say they're kind of evened out and Thanos left because he had all he wanted anyway and there was no reason to stay on Earth.

Despite the fact that my daughter is going to be thoroughly devastated by Gamora's demise, I fully expected Gamora to die in this and not because of plot convenience or her gender or anything like that, but because the actress is scheduled to start filming four Avatar sequels and Star Trek 4, and both of those contracts, I believe, predate her Marvel contract.

That said, as someone who cares very little for Avatar beyond the first one being visually pretty I'd much rather see Gamora in GotG 3 then get four Avatar sequels.

me too

Would you be able to elaborate more on this?

The first deaths were beautifully created and had an impact, even though they were before the opening title even. Gamorra too, gave me the shivers. But the snap... just didn't do anything for me. Revenge of the Sith - though being the best of the prequels - had many bad moments too but I'll never forget crying over the Jedi purge in the cinema. The music was great and you just knew, yeah, you're just watching the near-annihilation of a whole "race". From the moment on when Stark and Strange talk about "the only possible way to win", you just know that what Thanos will do in the end will not last. So when the snap happens, I just couldn't feel for those deaths. If fans had known back then that Spock would be back one movie later (and that definitely was NOT in the plans when ST II was out), that death scene would never have had such an impact. The snap didn't touch me, and that's sad.

Oh man I hope she’s in guardians. She’s one of my favorites.

From the previous thread:

This is gonna confuse the hell out of the dude who said he wouldn't watch the movie if Wanda died lol

That was me, and I have to say I'm not very enthusiastic about what I've heard of her part. The idea of her having to kill Vision to save the world is good, but it sounds like she has barely any time to react to it and then is wiped out with most of the other characters. If she made it into the beginning of Avengers 4 I'd have a different reaction, but obviously she's not returning until midway through that film, if that.

Also Wanda and Falcon are among the few characters who get wiped out and don't have their own movies. So while obviously they're coming back, it's a little more annoying than with the characters from the big tentpole movies. Scarlet Witch can only get screen time in an Avengers movie, while that's not true for Doctor Strange or Star-Lord.

If it turns out she actually has more than a few seconds to react to Vision's death then maybe I'll want to see it, but as it is, I'll probably watch it later and see what she's up to in Avengers 4.

But this is the way I approach the movie as a fan of a particular character. For all I know it might work in the context of the movie, though from the descriptions I can see what people mean about the deaths not having "gravitas." The purpose of her killing Vision seems to be to show that no matter what the Avengers do, Thanos will beat them and everything they do is useless.

For me it's not about actress availability but about story. Which essentially makes Gamora's whole Marvel run useless. She was underpowered in GOTG (the Gamora of GOTG2 could have taken the prison apart by herself thanks to her massive strength boost) and didn't get much to do. Her only worth came with Thanos because of the wider MCU. Her story with Nebula in GOTG2 was my fave part but again, criminally underused and needed way more time. And still no ass kicking from an assassin trained by Thanos. The whole Gamora/Peter teasing of a possible relationship goes unfulfilled so why bother in the first place. By GOTG2 it was known Zoe would start shooting Avatar so why not give Gamora something to do when it's the last GOTG movie she will be in? She isn't even going to get to do any ass-kicking (from what I've read of spoilers so far...if they are true) in IW and she will be one of the earlier deaths. It's all so pointless and her worth reduced to the men in her life, hence fridged. Thanos needs her for the stone and Peter will have to deal with his man pain because of her death. Urgh.

Last edited:
For those that saw it, can we get a confirmation of all the snap deaths?

Loki, Gamora, and Vision are the deaths outside of that.

She has some very beautiful moments with Nebula. In general, a lot of screen time compared to others. But yeah, in general, they could've done more.

For me it's not about actress availability but about story. Which essentially makes Gamora's whole Marvel run useless. She was underpowered in GOTG (the Gamora of GOTG2 could have taken the prison apart by herself thanks to her massive strength boost) and didn't get much to do. Her only worth came with Thanos. Her story with Nebula in GOTG2 was my fave part but again, criminally underused and needed way more time. And still no ass kicking from an assassin trained by Thanos. The whole Gamora/Peter teasing of a possible relationship goes unfulfilled so why bother in the first place. By GOTG2 it was known Zoe would start shooting Avatar so why not give Gamora something to do when it's the last GOTG movie she will be in? She isn't even going to get to do any ass-kicking (from what I've read of spoilers so far...if they are true) in IW and she will be one of the earlier deaths. It's all so pointless and her worth reduced to the men in her life, hence fridged. Thanos needs her for the stone and Peter will have to deal with his man pain because of her death. Urgh.

So no Gamora for guardians 3 cause of zoe schedule?

For those that saw it, can we get a confirmation of all the snap deaths?

Loki, Gamora, and Vision are the deaths outside of that.

Phew, I'll try to recall.

- T'Challa
- Falcon
- Wanda
- Peter Parker
- Peter Quill
- Drax
- Fury
- Hill
- Bucky
- Strange
- Groot