The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - Part 18

Discussion in 'Avengers: Infinity War' started by Thread Manager, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liveman789

liveman789 Side-Punch

I do wonder if the Russos and the writers feel pressured at all in keeping with the tone of the last 2 Avengers movies, comedy wise. While Winter Soldier and Civil War (and even First Avenger) had funny moments, they were definitely the least comedic of the MCU.

2. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Is this speculation, or do you know something we don't? Why would Thanos eradicate the surviving Asgardians, yet leave Thor in space, and allow Banner to return to Earth (unless Loki somehow assists in this).

I would hope that the ship has some sort of escape pods, one of which takes Hulk to Earth, though I'd like to know where Korg and Heimdall (if not dead) are during IW...

I expect there will be jokes throughout the film, but IW is the big one - it's supposed to be dark and (more) serious in nature. A1 & A2 never (truly) felt like world-ending - even though Ultron had a plan to do just that, it never quite seemed epic, nor was there ever any doubt about our heroes making it out alive. With IW, we've got Thanos, the biggest bad guy out there, and I'd think it safe to say that not all of our heroes will be walking away from this, so the tone needs to be less comical in nature.

3. DKDetective

DKDetective Problem Eliminator

Why is the fan event in 3d again... I hate 3d. Cineplex did the "Fan Event" for The Last Jedi, but didn't mark the showing as 3d when the tickets went on sale. I was so angry when I arrived for my showing and it turned out to be 3d... I specifically splurged on the Fan Event because it wasn't advertised as 3d.

4. liveman789

liveman789 Side-Punch

The guy walking through the corpses is actually Ebony Maw. The pants match his.

5. FABSN13

FABSN13 Well-Known Member

Been thinking about this: It looks like Thanos will get the Power Stone first. Then he'll attack the Asgardian ship and gets the Space Stone from Loki. I'm pretty sure that he knows that the Time and Mind Stones are on earth. What if he uses the Space Stone to transport Banner back to earth. There he crashes into the Sanctum and warns the others. Perhaps Thanos wants to give them some sort of a headstart. He has a big ego so it wouldn't come as a big surprise if he acts arrogantly and grants them a tiny advantage.

6. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Danger!

Never been to one and definitely skipping out on this. An hour early is cool but 2D > 3D.

7. LTuser

LTuser Well-Known Member

Strange you say that. I much liked him in that scale mail like armor (inc full sleeves) of Thor 1..

Maybe it's cause i never really was a FF4 comic guy, so i never really saw it..

8. Venom'sDad

Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

Hmmm....a number of people speculate that same sentiment because of trailer; so, I do understand why many would think that. I see it quite differently; so, i just simply disagree. Either way...you can see the fear & grave concern on Banners face as he's lying there in the Sanctum, immediately after crashing through...as Hulk by the way, imo.

9. liveman789

liveman789 Side-Punch

It's not just the trailer, though. It's ordered that way in every piece of marketing and toys/merch.

Unless each stone has a dedicated spot on the gauntlet, it's pretty damn likely that the Power Stone is the first one Thanos gets.

10. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Ultron had too many jokes to be able to take him seriously. Hopefully Thanos and the Black Order will be better balanced. Should be with the Russos in charge.

11. KevTravels

KevTravels Well-Known Member

I wonder why we see War Machine join up with Cap in Wakanda.

I just hope they don't just gloss over his severe injury. Hope we get at least a scene involving how his life has been changed because of it.

Heck, should he even still be War Machine after such an injury?

12. Marvolo

Marvolo Well-Known Member

We can see Loki walking over the corpses of Asgardians in the trailer and the interior of the refugee ship in on fire. We already know Thanos wants to kill half of the universe. Theres not much reason for him to spare the Asgardians. We also know that Thanos does something early in the film to cement the idea that he is a formidable villain. People thought he would destroy Xandar but based on the trailer footage and what we know about Thanos's goals it seems logical that he mercilessly kills the Asardian refugees and Heimdall.

Its a safe assumption Loki sends Banner to Dr. Strange using the Tesseract. He crashes through Strange's stairs and Strange and Wong look down at him in the wreckage of the stairs. There is no escape pod.

As for how or why Thor ends up in space we will have to wait and see, but I think he gets blasted into space due to an explosion on the ship. Thanos thinks he is dead or just doesn't consider him a worthy threat and leaves him floating helpless and alone in deep space.

13. Marvolo

Marvolo Well-Known Member

Tony gave him high tec leg braces. By the time of Infinity War I'm sure he can walk with them and Tony probably upgraded the War Machine armor to compensate for Rhodes's injuries. And the Wakandans might heal him before the big battle.

14. Venom'sDad

Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

15. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Wakanda is the best place to be when you're recuperating from major injuries. Ask Ross or Bucky.

16. KBX

KBX Well-Known Member

Looks like Banner will interact with everyone where Stark wont event talk to Cap or Thor. Interesting

17. StarLord

StarLord Boogeyman

That could be Ebony Maw.

[​IMG]

18. HammerDown

HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide

Agreed with pretty much everything here. Just like to point out that the person walking over the dead asgardians and gladiators seems to be in fact Ebony Maw.

As StarLord already pointed out i am also pretty sure it's Ebony Maw.

[​IMG]

19. KevTravels

I hope they don't rob us of a before and after scene.

Be pretty sad if it's just "oh he's back to normal". It's good to see an actual superhero enduring trauma while doing "superhero" activities.

20. KevTravels

so gets 2nd billing for the film?

I'm guessing it's Evans but it could also be Pratt or perhaps Johanssen. They've had bigger films outside of the MCU whereas Evans is strictly been Cap the last few years.

Gonna be an eyesore reading like 25 A-list names above the title, but will be interesting to see how it's arranged.

21. liveman789

liveman789 Side-Punch

Exactly this. That would take away so much. That'd be like Thor getting his eye back.

He probably works the War Machine suit just fine without fully functioning legs anyways.

22. HammerDown

HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide

No wonder Thor, Hulk and company get wrecked...

Thanos with Power Stone
    Ebony Maw
    Corvus Glaive
    Cull Obsidian
    Proxima Midnight

vs

Thor
    Hulk
    Heimdall
    Valkyrie
    Korg
    Miek

They just don't stand a chance. It's totally one sided.

23. Tymminator

Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

I think that Hulk/Banner gets sent to Earth and specifically to Dr Strange's house much like the Surfer was trashed in the comic.

I have a feeling that's the endgame on the story of the MCU Hulk.

I am really hoping Ebony Maw did some type of action (either convince someone or influence them to do his bidding) that took out the Asgardians and that they are not really dead, just laid out.

24. shadowboxxx

shadowboxxx Well-Known Member

All this talk about protecting Vision's stone...

But what about protecting Dr Strange's stone?

25. KevTravels

I kinda wish they would. He's just comedic material and it's gotten so old

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.