Infinity War The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder if the Russos and the writers feel pressured at all in keeping with the tone of the last 2 Avengers movies, comedy wise. While Winter Soldier and Civil War (and even First Avenger) had funny moments, they were definitely the least comedic of the MCU.

I'm thinking Banner is terrified of Thanos because he sees Thanos murder the Asgardian refugees. In the trailer we can see Loki walking through the wrecked inside of the refugee ship and there are Asgardian corpses around him. So Thanos shows up, merciless and brutally kills the last of the Asgardians and Heimdall. Thor gets blown into space and Banner thinks he is dead. And maybe when Hulk tries to attack Thanos Maw turns Hulk back into Banner which makes Banner think that Hulk is unable to fight Thanos. All that awful traumatic **** happening so suddenly would scare the **** out of anyone.
Is this speculation, or do you know something we don't? Why would Thanos eradicate the surviving Asgardians, yet leave Thor in space, and allow Banner to return to Earth (unless Loki somehow assists in this).

I would hope that the ship has some sort of escape pods, one of which takes Hulk to Earth, though I'd like to know where Korg and Heimdall (if not dead) are during IW...

I do wonder if the Russos and the writers feel pressured at all in keeping with the tone of the last 2 Avengers movies, comedy wise. While Winter Soldier and Civil War (and even First Avenger) had funny moments, they were definitely the least comedic of the MCU.
I expect there will be jokes throughout the film, but IW is the big one - it's supposed to be dark and (more) serious in nature. A1 & A2 never (truly) felt like world-ending - even though Ultron had a plan to do just that, it never quite seemed epic, nor was there ever any doubt about our heroes making it out alive. With IW, we've got Thanos, the biggest bad guy out there, and I'd think it safe to say that not all of our heroes will be walking away from this, so the tone needs to be less comical in nature.

A reddit user posted a copy of his theater chain's internal memo about advance ticket sales and the fan event. Hopefully, the tickets won't sell out too fast like they did for Black Panther. :ndd:

SzasjLv.png

Why is the fan event in 3d again... I hate 3d. Cineplex did the "Fan Event" for The Last Jedi, but didn't mark the showing as 3d when the tickets went on sale. I was so angry when I arrived for my showing and it turned out to be 3d... I specifically splurged on the Fan Event because it wasn't advertised as 3d.

I'm thinking Banner is terrified of Thanos because he sees Thanos murder the Asgardian refugees. In the trailer we can see Loki walking through the wrecked inside of the refugee ship and there are Asgardian corpses around him. So Thanos shows up, merciless and brutally kills the last of the Asgardians and Heimdall. Thor gets blown into space and Banner thinks he is dead. And maybe when Hulk tries to attack Thanos Maw turns Hulk back into Banner which makes Banner think that Hulk is unable to fight Thanos. All that awful traumatic **** happening so suddenly would scare the **** out of anyone.

The guy walking through the corpses is actually Ebony Maw. The pants match his.

Been thinking about this: It looks like Thanos will get the Power Stone first. Then he'll attack the Asgardian ship and gets the Space Stone from Loki. I'm pretty sure that he knows that the Time and Mind Stones are on earth. What if he uses the Space Stone to transport Banner back to earth. There he crashes into the Sanctum and warns the others. Perhaps Thanos wants to give them some sort of a headstart. He has a big ego so it wouldn't come as a big surprise if he acts arrogantly and grants them a tiny advantage.

Why is the fan event in 3d again... I hate 3d. Cineplex did the "Fan Event" for The Last Jedi, but didn't mark the showing as 3d when the tickets went on sale. I was so angry when I arrived for my showing and it turned out to be 3d... I specifically splurged on the Fan Event because it wasn't advertised as 3d.

Never been to one and definitely skipping out on this. An hour early is cool but 2D > 3D.

Easily the best Thor look, along with the sleeveless armor from TDW.

Strange you say that. I much liked him in that scale mail like armor (inc full sleeves) of Thor 1..

What are you talking about? Doom always was a tech genius. See Doombots and thousands of other inventions he made

Maybe it's cause i never really was a FF4 comic guy, so i never really saw it..

Been thinking about this: It looks like Thanos will get the Power Stone first. Then he'll attack the Asgardian ship and gets the Space Stone from Loki. I'm pretty sure that he knows that the Time and Mind Stones are on earth. What if he uses the Space Stone to transport Banner back to earth. There he crashes into the Sanctum and warns the others. Perhaps Thanos wants to give them some sort of a headstart. He has a big ego so it wouldn't come as a big surprise if he acts arrogantly and grants them a tiny advantage.

Hmmm....a number of people speculate that same sentiment because of trailer; so, I do understand why many would think that. I see it quite differently; so, i just simply disagree. Either way...you can see the fear & grave concern on Banners face as he's lying there in the Sanctum, immediately after crashing through...as Hulk by the way, imo.

Hmmm....a number of people speculate that same sentiment because of trailer; so, I do understand why many would think that. I see it quite differently; so, i just simply disagree.

It's not just the trailer, though. It's ordered that way in every piece of marketing and toys/merch.

Unless each stone has a dedicated spot on the gauntlet, it's pretty damn likely that the Power Stone is the first one Thanos gets.

Is this speculation, or do you know something we don't? Why would Thanos eradicate the surviving Asgardians, yet leave Thor in space, and allow Banner to return to Earth (unless Loki somehow assists in this).

I would hope that the ship has some sort of escape pods, one of which takes Hulk to Earth, though I'd like to know where Korg and Heimdall (if not dead) are during IW...

I expect there will be jokes throughout the film, but IW is the big one - it's supposed to be dark and (more) serious in nature. A1 & A2 never (truly) felt like world-ending - even though Ultron had a plan to do just that, it never quite seemed epic, nor was there ever any doubt about our heroes making it out alive. With IW, we've got Thanos, the biggest bad guy out there, and I'd think it safe to say that not all of our heroes will be walking away from this, so the tone needs to be less comical in nature.

Ultron had too many jokes to be able to take him seriously. Hopefully Thanos and the Black Order will be better balanced. Should be with the Russos in charge.

I wonder why we see War Machine join up with Cap in Wakanda.

I just hope they don't just gloss over his severe injury. Hope we get at least a scene involving how his life has been changed because of it.

Heck, should he even still be War Machine after such an injury?

We can see Loki walking over the corpses of Asgardians in the trailer and the interior of the refugee ship in on fire. We already know Thanos wants to kill half of the universe. Theres not much reason for him to spare the Asgardians. We also know that Thanos does something early in the film to cement the idea that he is a formidable villain. People thought he would destroy Xandar but based on the trailer footage and what we know about Thanos's goals it seems logical that he mercilessly kills the Asardian refugees and Heimdall.

Its a safe assumption Loki sends Banner to Dr. Strange using the Tesseract. He crashes through Strange's stairs and Strange and Wong look down at him in the wreckage of the stairs. There is no escape pod.

As for how or why Thor ends up in space we will have to wait and see, but I think he gets blasted into space due to an explosion on the ship. Thanos thinks he is dead or just doesn't consider him a worthy threat and leaves him floating helpless and alone in deep space.

I just hope they don't just gloss over his severe injury. Hope we get at least a scene involving how his life has been changed because of it.

Tony gave him high tec leg braces. By the time of Infinity War I'm sure he can walk with them and Tony probably upgraded the War Machine armor to compensate for Rhodes's injuries. And the Wakandans might heal him before the big battle.

Wakanda is the best place to be when you're recuperating from major injuries. Ask Ross or Bucky.

Looks like Banner will interact with everyone where Stark wont event talk to Cap or Thor. Interesting

We can see Loki walking over the corpses of Asgardians in the trailer and the interior of the refugee ship in on fire. We already know Thanos wants to kill half of the universe. Theres not much reason for him to spare the Asgardians. We also know that Thanos does something early in the film to cement the idea that he is a formidable villain. People thought he would destroy Xandar but based on the trailer footage and what we know about Thanos's goals it seems logical that he mercilessly kills the Asardian refugees and Heimdall.

Its a safe assumption Loki sends Banner to Dr. Strange using the Tesseract. He crashes through Strange's stairs and Strange and Wong look down at him in the wreckage of the stairs. There is no escape pod.

As for how or why Thor ends up in space we will have to wait and see, but I think he gets blasted into space due to an explosion on the ship. Thanos thinks he is dead or just doesn't consider him a worthy threat and leaves him floating helpless and alone in deep space.
Agreed with pretty much everything here. Just like to point out that the person walking over the dead asgardians and gladiators seems to be in fact Ebony Maw.

As StarLord already pointed out i am also pretty sure it's Ebony Maw.

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F665180%2Fe99e0679-e097-4bee-8759-b23f4d0c2cc0.gif

Tony gave him high tec leg braces. By the time of Infinity War I'm sure he can walk with them and Tony probably upgraded the War Machine armor to compensate for Rhodes's injuries. And the Wakandans might heal him before the big battle.

I hope they don't rob us of a before and after scene.

Be pretty sad if it's just "oh he's back to normal". It's good to see an actual superhero enduring trauma while doing "superhero" activities.

so gets 2nd billing for the film?

I'm guessing it's Evans but it could also be Pratt or perhaps Johanssen. They've had bigger films outside of the MCU whereas Evans is strictly been Cap the last few years.

Gonna be an eyesore reading like 25 A-list names above the title, but will be interesting to see how it's arranged.

I hope they don't rob us of a before and after scene.

Be pretty sad if it's just "oh he's back to normal". It's good to see an actual superhero enduring trauma while doing "superhero" activities.

Exactly this. That would take away so much. That'd be like Thor getting his eye back.

He probably works the War Machine suit just fine without fully functioning legs anyways.

No wonder Thor, Hulk and company get wrecked...

Thanos with Power Stone
Ebony Maw
Corvus Glaive
Cull Obsidian
Proxima Midnight

vs

Thor
Hulk
Heimdall
Valkyrie
Korg
Miek

They just don't stand a chance. It's totally one sided.

Could be right. My question is...
How does Banner come to understand how big of a threat Thanos is? Does this mean Banner (not Hulk) witnesses Thor getting trashed on the spaceship before he hits Strange’s crib?

I think that Hulk/Banner gets sent to Earth and specifically to Dr Strange's house much like the Surfer was trashed in the comic.

Yeah ever since Ragnarok, I've been wondering if they plan on ever going down the route of the "Professor" Hulk from the comics.

I have a feeling that's the endgame on the story of the MCU Hulk.

Agreed with pretty much everything here. Just like to point out that the person walking over the dead asgardians and gladiators seems to be in fact Ebony Maw.

As StarLord already pointed out i am also pretty sure it's Ebony Maw.

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F665180%2Fe99e0679-e097-4bee-8759-b23f4d0c2cc0.gif

I am really hoping Ebony Maw did some type of action (either convince someone or influence them to do his bidding) that took out the Asgardians and that they are not really dead, just laid out.

All this talk about protecting Vision's stone...

But what about protecting Dr Strange's stone?

Pft! Loki will never die. They've already "killed" him twice (once when he fell into the space abyss in Thor 1 and then when he pretended to die in Thor 2) I'll be so over it if he dies again. It won't have any emotional impact.

I kinda wish they would. He's just comedic material and it's gotten so old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back