The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google is damn scary. I went to search for the answer and the first result was my post.

From IMDb: "Do you think the Bifrost is the only way in and out of this realm? There are passages between worlds to which even you, with all your gifts, are blind. But I have need of them no longer, now that I am king, and I say, for your act of treason, you are relieved of your duties as gatekeeper, and no longer citizen of Asgard!"

EDIt: I hate when I see Marvel characters call the bridge "The Bifrost". It's Bifrost, that's the bridge's name. It would be like The Loki or The Thor.

The actual Loki quote was:

"There are passages between worlds to which even you, with all your gifts, are blind."

EDIT: Jinx!

I think I'd be shocked if Whedon didn't have any comedy. I think the group dynamics with generally lend itself to some light moments (after all, we already know that Stark decides he wants to see if he can set Banner off and have him Hulk out - that's definitely going to be humorous knowing RDJ)

Two things that would make my day:

Cap and Thor being completely fascinated by JARVIS.
Anyone calling Thor goldilocks.

I will die a happy man

T"Challa;22802035 said:
Two things that would make my day:

Cap and Thor being completely fascinated by JARVIS.
Anyone calling Thor goldilocks.

I will die a happy man

Thor needs to call Hulk a troll. That would make me happy :yay:

actually theres another page in this comic where Selvig(loki?) asks Fury if Tony named his element yet.. and Fury responds by saying he's having a hard time passing "Badassium". So i don't really think that they're related anymore.

Sounds more like their gonna call it Vibranium than anything else. Would tie into the IM2 novel.

Sounds more like their gonna call it Vibranium than anything else. Would tie into the IM2 novel.

Hahaha. You're gonna hold on to that theory until Ragnarok.

Why would they name a new element after an existing one?

FINALLY, im sure this confirms that the element tony rediscorvered in IM2 was the element the cosmic cube is made of, AND NOT VIBRANIUM

cause that is most definatly an arc reacture being powered by the cosmic cube
Figured as much.
Good to finally see more 'official' evidence leaning in either direction to satisfy curiosity.

If Tony was able to recreate the Cube's extraterrestrial energy without seeing or using the cube itself it kind of takes away from the importance of the Cube.

Yeah, I think the technology for the Arc Reactor is partly based on the Cube (from the work started by Stark's father, Howard), but I doubt Stark was able to recreate the energy all by himself.

Hahaha. You're gonna hold on to that theory until Ragnarok.

Why would they name a new element after an existing one?

I dunno. I'm going off the information and hints that have been given to draw a hypothesis. I'm not basing in on what would make sense in the outside world.

BTW, did anyone outside of Howard Stark know of the Vibranium shield he gave Cap? There's been no info to date that Vibranium was used after the events of Cap. If no one else knew of it but Howard wrote about it in his journal Tony may call it that as a homage to his father. No one said the cube energy and Vibranium (the natural element) aren't already connected in the MCU. Food for thought.

Spoiler Alert...I guess. From Fury's Big Week I assume
tumblr_m1luxpIeJo1rrol8vo1_1280.jpg

Loki looks like a thin Ricky Gervais :woot:

Yeah, I think the technology for the Arc Reactor is partly based on the Cube (from the work started by Stark's father, Howard), but I doubt Stark was able to recreate the energy all by himself.

Yeah, exactly. Or what would the point be to utilize the cube in Avengers? If Tony could just create the energy ad nauseum they'd just lock the cube away for safekeeping instead of having it readily available in the lab.

I think I'd be shocked if Whedon didn't have any comedy. I think the group dynamics with generally lend itself to some light moments (after all, we already know that Stark decides he wants to see if he can set Banner off and have him Hulk out - that's definitely going to be humorous knowing RDJ)

The good thing about Whedon is that his comedy usually serves as character develppment or study more than comic relief; he is also very good at being funny and serious in the same scene without the comedy cheapeaning the drama and vice versa.

Its also nice how he can take something funny and make it heartwrenching later; the cavemen always win.

The good thing about Whedon is that his comedy usually serves as character develppment or study more than comic relief; he is also very good at being funny and serious in the same scene without the comedy cheapeaning the drama and vice versa.

Its also nice how he can take something funny and make it heartwrenching later; the cavemen always win.

Astronauts.

Also, I dont think Howard was the only one aware of Vibranium, Im sure at least the scientific community at the time were aware of it, even if, as I recall, the sheild was the only chunk of the stuff they had

I dunno. I'm going off the information and hints that have been given to draw a hypothesis. I'm not basing in on what would make sense in the outside world.

BTW, did anyone outside of Howard Stark know of the Vibranium shield he gave Cap? There's been no info to date that Vibranium was used after the events of Cap. If no one else knew of it but Howard wrote about it in his journal Tony may call it that as a homage to his father. No one said the cube energy and Vibranium (the natural element) aren't already connected in the MCU. Food for thought.

Well i mean, and this might be stretching things but remember that easter egg in IM2 where we saw that SHIELD map and and there was a locator where Wakanda is supposed to be?

Wakanda.PNG

So if SHIELD knows about Wakanda and Panther, isn't it likely they know about Vibranium?..IDK, just thinking aloud

No body said it was permanently destroyed. If SHIED has no way of contacting Thor to ask for help then they may just try to reach him by way of a portal.

Think of it this way, you need to talk to your brother but he has no phone number or email address that you know of. It's a matter of life and death and you NEED his help. Do you just sit around and hope he comes to you, or do you go to him?

But that's just it: why does SHIELD *need* Thor's help? And why is it a matter of life and death?

At this point, we're assuming, Thor is still in Asgard and Loki is....elsewhere. SHIELD's got the Cube locked up in this rig. But why are they trying to contact Thor? Loki's not here yet, obviously, so the world hasn't gone to hell (Hel...?) in a handbasket yet, obviously. Nobody's heard from Thor in awhile --- he never writes, he never calls, yadda yadda --- but why would anyone give a damn about that other than be-smitten Jane Foster?

T"Challa;22802169 said:
Well i mean, and this might be stretching things but remember that easter egg in IM2 where we saw that SHIELD map and and there was a locator where Wakanda is supposed to be?

Wakanda.PNG

So if SHIELD knows about Wakanda and Panther, isn't it likely they know about Vibranium?..IDK, just thinking aloud

True, but if you go by comics mythology then the whole world knows about Wakanda; they just don't know what's in the country. I believe they even say in both 616 and Ultimates that satellites con't permeate Wakandan defenses and they don't know why.

Going by the target reference points on that SHIELD map they look more like possible danger zones/hot spots than anything else. But I hope to GOD we get a freakin Namor movie in the next 10 years.

But that's just it: why does SHIELD *need* Thor's help? And why is it a matter of life and death?

At this point, we're assuming, Thor is still in Asgard and Loki is....elsewhere. SHIELD's got the Cube locked up in this rig. But why are they trying to contact Thor? Loki's not here yet, obviously, so the world hasn't gone to hell (Hel...?) in a handbasket yet, obviously. Nobody's heard from Thor in awhile --- he never writes, he never calls, yadda yadda --- but why would anyone give a damn about that other than be-smitten Jane Foster?

Maybe Loki isn't the initial threat that SHEILD wants to get the group together for.. so they could possibly have some sort of intel and want Thor there ASAP... i dunno just a thought

Because SHIELD knows how powerful Thor is. Because SHIELD took the Destroyer into their custody and Thor defeated it. Because The Avengers Initiative needs a heavy hitter, and SHIELD has been putting the Initiative together since the events in Iron Man one because a yet to be defined threat is imminent.

Good enough reason?

True, but if you go by comics mythology then the whole world knows about Wakanda; they just don't know what's in the country. I believe they even say in both 616 and Ultimates that satellites con't permeate Wakandan defenses and they don't know why.

Going by the target reference points on that SHIELD map they look more like possible danger zones/hot spots than anything else. But I hope to GOD we get a freakin Namor movie in the next 10 years.

I really wish they would explain the meaning of that screen with the hotspots or whatever they may be. Like if it's an easter egg then great but if it actually has some bigger meaning i'd like to know

Maybe Loki isn't the initial threat that SHEILD wants to get the group together for.. so they could possibly have some sort of intel and want Thor there ASAP... i dunno just a thought

Loki's absolutely not the initial threat that caused The Avengers to be put together. We already know this due to MCU continuity. This whole movie seems to be focusing on a threat that no one expected and now the team has to hastily come together to deal with. The real threat may be introduced at the end...

Because SHIELD knows something is coming, and who better to have on your side than a god? why else bother putting the team together now?

Perhaps they dont NEED him, but he would be a perfect candidate for the "Avengers INitiative", wich Shield has been building on for quite a long time; THor would be a perfect ally... but only if they can contact him, of course. Shield may know that he is not available trough Selvig.

THey got Cap, they know where to find Banner or Stark, Widow and Hawkeye are part of Shield... Maybe they are not desperate to get to him, for now,but they are looking into it.

Loki's absolutely not the initial threat that caused The Avengers to be put together. We already know this due to MCU continuity. This whole movie seems to be focusing on a threat that no one expected and now the team has to hastily come together to deal with. The real threat may be introduced at the end...

can you explain that please? how do we know that due to the MCU continuity? Did i miss something?

can you explain that please? how do we know that due to the MCU continuity? Did i miss something?

SHIELD has been putting The Avengers Initiative together since before the events of Iron Man 1. The events of Thor didn't take place until the end of/after Iron Man 2. Therefore we can deduce that Loki is not the threat SHIELD is prepping for. Loki, at this point, is like Red Skull in MCU continuity: dead to everyone except the audience.

The real question we should be asking is, what IS the treat The Avengers Initiative is prepping to face?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"