The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its very likely that the machine isnt meant to bring anyone here as much as simply open a bridge between words like Bifrost did

I agree. I think the purpose for the machine is to open a portal as a means of discovery. I'm assuming Loki controls Selvig and uses the machine to bring him to earth.

I don't think Thor exactly a part of the Avengers at the start of this movie. Sure, Thor said Earth would have an ally in him after the events of his movie but he wasn't read in about the avengers initiative.. I didn't see that at least..

Maybe they do get caught off guard and after they figure out its Loki and co. they find a way to summon him. OR thor figures out what's going on and then finally creates a portal to travel to earth and warn them of the coming war and all that. just my two cents

I don't think Thor exactly a part of the Avengers at the start of this movie. Sure, Thor said Earth would have an ally in him after the events of his movie but he wasn't read in about the avengers initiative.. I didn't see that at least..

Maybe they do get caught off guard and after they figure out its Loki and co. they find a way to summon him. OR thor figures out what's going on and then finally creates a portal to travel to earth and come get Loki . just my two cents

Fixed :yay:

I agree. I think the purpose for the machine is to open a portal as a means of discovery. I'm assuming Loki controls Selvig and uses the machine to bring him to earth.

Swap discovery for communication and you've got me on board :yay:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Fury answer to the World Security Council? I haven't read the prelude comics, but I'm guessing this aspect of SHIELD's mission is a part of MCU continuity.

You can pretty easily see Loki in one of those flying thingies when exploding those cars in the trailer.

Besides: "I ve got an army."

You guys are missing my point.
Yes, we know that Loki eventually ends up with an army. But there's nothing to suggest that he's come to Earth at the start of the movie with an army, or any intention of gathering one. The aliens are invading of their own volition, for their own purposes, and Loki allies himself with them *during* the movie, not *before* it.

Except he tells Stark he has an army BEFORE the army appears.

Except he tells Stark he has an army BEFORE the army appears.

And how do you know that?
The scene at Tony's bar in Stark Tower could take place at *any* point during the conflict. Hell, Loki may have come there to offer the Avengers the opportunity to surrender.

EDIT: In fact, I'd almost guarantee that the Stark-Loki confrontation happens in the middle or the end of the battle. Most of us think that this scene is attached to the (in)famous "defenestration" scene(s), where he tosses Cap and Tony out the window. The streets below are already littered with rubble and debris, so the battle has already happened.

Last edited:

I never did think of the alien invasion and Loki being coincidental. I like that idea though.

I mean does Loki really need an alien army to take over Earth? Sure, it increases his chances, but though it may take some effort, Loki could probably subjugate the entire human populace himself if he wanted. He is a god.

I never did think of the alien invasion and Loki being coincidental. I like that idea though.

I mean does Loki really need an alien army to take over Earth? Sure, it increases his chances, but though it may take some effort, Loki could probably subjugate the entire human populace himself if he wanted. He is a god.

Exactly. :up:

Because the portal that brings the aliens to Earth is atop Stark Tower, and [BLACKOUT]can only be opened by a device on Stark's power that Loki goes to retrieve.[/BLACKOUT]

The scene at Tony's bar in Stark Tower could take place at *any* point during the conflict. Hell, Loki may have come there to offer the Avengers the opportunity to surrender.
Nope.

In fact, I'd almost guarantee that the Stark-Loki confrontation happens in the middle or the end of the battle. Most of us think that this scene is attached to the (in)famous "defenestration" scene(s), where he tosses Cap and Tony out the window. The streets below are already littered with rubble and debris, so the battle has already happened.
You're wrong. And I need to point out that Stark is thrown out of the top floor of Stark Tower before the battle, while Captain America is tossed out of the second/third store of a random building in the middle of the battle.

R_Hythlodeus said:
why would Ultron need an army?
He's a one man army himself. especially in a world where weverthink is linke with each other via wifi, bluetooth and things like that.
Ultron makes Tony Stark's piece-of-glass-smart phone attack him....

Seriously, an Ultron movie could be the scariest s#!t ever for all the technophiles

I agree, Ultron doesn't need an army or the Masters of Evil all he need's is his vast arsenal, indestructible body, and his ability to hack into ever computer network in earth.

Whenever someone all powerful recruits an army or a team, it's usually for some ulterior motive.

Loki probably needs an army and already has one before he comes to earth. Even if he could take over the world alone, thats alot of work.

Hiddleston has already said that Loki has spent his time since Thor making shady deals with "gangsters of the nine realms."

Whenever someone all powerful recruits an army or a team, it's usually for some ulterior motive.

Yeah, lets not forget Fury is one secretive and manipulative motherf*****. I can almost guarantee dude had something else in mind when he put the initiative together..Loki just happened to speed up the process

does you guys think that SHIELDs smaller replica's of the destroyer armor are going to turn into Ultron?.. just a thought

I would throw up everywhere

haha i can kind of see it happening, they harness that power in 3 or 4 smaller bodies, and then Tony and Hank (when they introduce him) come in and make it have the human aspects?.. it seems like an easy way to introduce it to the general audience

LAMEEEEE!!! :cmad:
I don't think that will ever come up in a film. Just a way to tie up a loose end for the fans (what happened to the Destroyer's body being the loose end)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"