The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mjölnir;22958381 said:
Yes, subtitles are much better both for catching the performance and for learning the language. I hope you can find some theater close to you that has the English version.

The full name of football is Association football and soccer is a nickname for that (originally to separate it from rugby football). It's mainly the North Americans that seem to use it nowadays to separate it from American football. Personally I think it would be easier if they called American football 'handegg'.

I prefer the term "smashmouth", but that's just me. :o

So no one is trying to upload the new spots?

Maybe IrishAvenger will do it eventually, since he seems to be very good at locating those Avengers trailers and spots and put them on YT.

Some people also babsh Burtons Bat. I don't love the 89 original but Returns was AWSOME, and has a version of Catwoman that just sizzles onscreen, plus face it any movie that has Walken in it at that point in his carrear is worth another look,.

I can rewatch Devito's Pengiun a thousand times over.

Agree 100%.

Watched it again last year. Still love it.

Here's that track:

It's not the Avengers' theme or from the score of the movie at all for that matter.

Thanks!

I wasn't too sure what it was called so I gave it a name. Hits well though, that track now is permanently connected to the Avengers for me.

does anyone know which theaters are promoting the 3d glasses for the midnight release? im trying to order tickets for the midnight release and i just want to make sure ahead of time.

does anyone know which theaters are promoting the 3d glasses for the midnight release? im trying to order tickets for the midnight release and i just want to make sure ahead of time.

i believe u have to buy ticket to a marathon to receive the glasses....idk

Say Darkslayer,
Your Avvy,
Is that from The Avengers ?
Because that is a COOL shot!

Yeah, I know AMC River East downtown Chicago definitely has them available via a poster promotion near the ticket windows.

And speaking of Avvy's ,
I like yours too Power Cosmic .
I hope The Silver Surfer gets another shot at The Silver Screen one day,
In his OWN film!

So it looks like all midnight screenings here in Sydney Aus are in 3D so far, unless they decide to add some 2D sessions which is unlikely. I've heard the 3D is pretty terrible so should I just wait a day and just see it in 2D?

The 3D isn't terrible but it is entirely pointless. However it might be worth the few extra bucks to see it at midnight, which is always fun

The 3D isn't terrible but it is entirely pointless. However it might be worth the few extra bucks to see it at midnight, which is always fun

IMO there's an element of "depth" it does help bring to the viewer's eyes that I do enjoy. On the other hand, those moments of blurring can be a little annoying, like during [BLACKOUT]the space scenes[/BLACKOUT].

The 3D didn't add a cool factor to the flying ironman scenes or the "leviathan"? I haven't seen it yet but I know that it'll only be in 3D in the theater im going to, and I was kinda hoping for some cool 3D scenes.:yay:

The 3D made my eyes hurt, but that's probably because I have a retinal problem in my left eye. That eye is considerably weaker and my field of vision is distorted. It hadn't been a problem with other 3D movies but I had to sit lower in the theater for The Avengers, which made a difference.

One thing I did notice was that the movie wasn't as dark as the other 3D conversions I've seen. That was an improvement, at least.

The 3D didn't add a cool factor to the flying ironman scenes or the "leviathan"? I haven't seen it yet but I know that it'll only be in 3D in the theater im going to, and I was kinda hoping for some cool 3D scenes.:yay:

I thought the leviathan scenes were jaw-dropping.

The 3D was just there. It was serviceable and just fine but I took mine off several times just to see the distortion and turned out there was no distortion...

But again, it was just fine.

The 3D was just there. It was serviceable and just fine but I took mine off several times just to see the distortion and turned out there was no distortion...

But again, it was just fine.

Actually, that's how you test good 3 D vs bad. if it's bad 3D it's incredibly blurry without glasses. When it's good, the better the screen looks with them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"