Arrow The Barry Allen/The Flash Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd be surprised if we see anything official before March.

It's not too bad, really. Considering we won't get a pick-up until May and won't see a premiere until October...

I believe they released the first picture for arrow in March so you're probably right. Plus we'll probably see a trailer in May.

Since Arrow's a hit, maybe Flash will get more hype, meaning more sneak peeks.

^its possible. Plus at the time, Arrow was contending with the bad taste of the failed Wonder Woman pilot reveal.

I still think how they released that first shot, like it was a movie costume reveal, was great to help change the perception.

I wonder who they got to design the flash costume. Maybe they asked Snyder's costume designer to do it.

I have high hopes. The costume is such a more ambitious undertaking than Green Arrow's costume. And if they got an Oscar winner to design that look, I have to imagine they're really going all in when it comes to the Flash.

I wonder if it'll be the new 52 suit, with the extra lines and all that. I'm also wondering how they'll pull off the ring, or if they even bother doing so.

^ don't think they will go with the ring, with it being grounded in realism an what not.

I wonder if it'll be the new 52 suit, with the extra lines and all that. I'm also wondering how they'll pull off the ring, or if they even bother doing so.

Not necessarily. Arrow was post-New 52, too, but that costume is very different from the comic design. They seem to be aiming more for New 52 characters (Caitlin Snow, the Dollmaker) than trying to emulate it visually.

Does anyone know how much it cost to make suits like super mans one in MOS?

It's safe to say they cost a lot. And considering they make tons of them just in case something happens to one of them on set...yeah.

I'm guessing no less than $10,000

I remember The Flash TV show suits being very expensive....don't remember how much exactly (I'll have to go check) but I remember being surprised at how much they cost a piece.

Doubt we'll see the ring (I always thought that was kind of silly for The Flash myself and is one of the examples of where someone has an idea that isn't in the source material but is better than it and should go with it instead - I have no problem with changing things about the source material that aren't that great to begin with when someone has a better idea, it's when they change things that are good with it or weren't broken in the source material that I take issue with).

And I'd be fine with the New 52 suit or the classics suit...when drawn right the New 52 suit can look really good (when it's not made to look like "armor"...and sans chin strap of course, but I let that slide sometimes ;-) ) and to be honest the New 52 suit pretty much is the classic comic suit anyway....just with tint electricity looking lines going over it. I'd be totally fine and happy with seeing that, especially over some armor or like what some of the manips and things we've seen people do...I'd be happy he doesn't look like Quicksilver or something.

DOFP Quicksilverer costume. What a joke!

Yeah and I'm guessing Quicksilver in AOU will have a pretty standard costume as well. I think that even after people see two different versions of Quicksilver, they'll still end up liking Flash the best. Flash's costume and personality make him so likable, hopefully they nail both those elements when Flash is brought to the big screen.

I wonder what the writers will do if the fans react as vehemently to Barry/Iris as they did to Oliver/Laurel.

I will be amused as hell if Barry/Killer Frost becomes the new Olicity.

I remember The Flash TV show suits being very expensive....don't remember how much exactly (I'll have to go check) but I remember being surprised at how much they cost a piece.

Just looked it up, apparently the suit cost $100,000 and the pilot cost 6 million. I'm not surprised at all, that show looked reallly good, especially for its time.

I wonder what the writers will do if the fans react as vehemently to Barry/Iris as they did to Oliver/Laurel.

I ****ing hate words like this.

Wouldn't be surprised, fans turned of Clana as well in Smallville. They really need to nail down the casting and go out of their way to make her likeable early on.

Wouldn't be surprised, fans turned of Clana as well in Smallville. They really need to nail down the casting and go out of their way to make her likeable early on.

To be fair, they tried to shill Clark and Lana as this great epic romance even after Lois Lane joined the show.

Not to mention Clark and Lana's relationship was repetitive as hell.

Barry/Iris may have a lot going against it. There are going to be some upset because of the race change, some upset because of her occupation change, some squicked out that Barry and Iris may have been raised as siblings, and some that are reluctant to give the pairing a chance because the 'destined' pairing may be the final outcome and for whatever reason they are against it.

If Killer Frost ends up more likable and has more chemistry with Barry than Iris and fans ship her and Barry... It will be Oliver/Laurel vs. Oliver/Felicity all over again. (Not to mention the Clark/Lana vs. Clark/Chloe vs. Clark/Lois of yesteryear.)

I think they should stay away from Barry and Iris being a thing for the first series at least.

I think they should stay away from Barry and Iris being a thing for the first series at least.

Fine with me...this Iris won't be much Iris from the sounds of it anyway so it really doesn't matter to me either way.

Yeah and I'm guessing Quicksilver in AOU will have a pretty standard costume as well. I think that even after people see two different versions of Quicksilver, they'll still end up liking Flash the best. Flash's costume and personality make him so likable, hopefully they nail both those elements when Flash is brought to the big screen.

Ehh I doubt that. Marvel hasn't shy'd away from using classic costumes, all their heroes have theirs except hawk eye. So I think we'll see QS in his classic costume.

That DOFP QS costume looks like a turd.

I have faith the flashes one will look awesome, Go flash!

Ehh I doubt that. Marvel hasn't shy'd away from using classic costumes, all their heroes have theirs except hawk eye. So I think we'll see QS in his classic costume.

That DOFP QS costume looks like a turd.

I have faith the flashes one will look awesome, Go flash!

Why would marvel go with a traditional QS costume when its already horrible to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"