Arrow The Barry Allen/The Flash Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, forgot about that. Never mind then. lol

That leaves us with 2 villains.

From what I'm reading not really a villain, but he's been recruited on the team to fight the Justice League, should they ever go rogue. Apparently he can disrupt Flash's connection to the speed force, and theoretically, he could shake the earth apart with his vibrations.

Meh, not feeling the character.

Grodd being the first villain in a Flash movie was an idea I always liked but it's risky if it's a movie, since a sequel isn't a sure bet, and a talking gorilla has potential to be silly. But since The Flash is a series built off of the success of another series, they can afford to get away with something like Grodd.

Gorilla Grodd can be done on tv. The tough part is making Grodd speak. I wouldn't mind if Grodd didn't speak at all. After all, the most important aspect of Grodd's character is the fact that he is a highly intelligent gorilla with mind control powers. I wouldn't mind if the only voice we heard of Grodd's is a voice that people hear when Grodd invades their minds. Maybe Grodd has difficulty speaking english because of his anatomy, but when he invades people's minds it's no longer a problem, since he can transfer his thoughts and communicate with a voice he thinks he would have if he could speak.

it'd be easy to do that on a tv budget, but later he could still become the Grodd we know and love
This is exactly what I was thinking of the other day.

Ugh Geoff and his giving these underdogs all the lime light. Give me some other heroes who are more popular.

Fixed that for you.

From what I'm reading not really a villain, but he's been recruited on the team to fight the Justice League, should they ever go rogue. Apparently he can disrupt Flash's connection to the speed force, and theoretically, he could shake the earth apart with his vibrations.

Meh, not feeling the character.

You came in on a bad storyline then, dude. Vibe is an incredible supporting Leaguer, and is the perfect guy to bring on as another cape without stealing the spotlight from Barry at all and needing his own massive subplots like if they brought Green Lantern or Wonder Woman on to co-star. He has his own story, but he doesn't have his own world. Perfect. It's hard to imagine a better supporting character for a Flash series.

Plus, he can fix universes when Flash screws 'em up.

Honestly... I have no idea. Apparently the walls between dimensions vibrate at a certain frequency, thus, he can manipulate them.

Vibe2.jpg

Vibe3.jpg

Vibe4.jpg

That was way back during Crisis on Infinite Earths. It's even worse in the New52.

If they cast Vibe and don't have him break dance, I will nerd rage so damn hard, every neck-beard from here to Middle Earth will feel it!!!!1:cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::o:cmad::cmad::cmad:

Honestly... I have no idea. Apparently the walls between dimensions vibrate at a certain frequency, thus, he can manipulate them.

Vibe2.jpg

Vibe3.jpg

Vibe4.jpg

That was way back during Crisis on Infinite Earths. It's even worse in the New52.

Urghh - John Byrne knockoff alert.

It was the 80s... somebody's kid got put through college on Byrne knockoff art.

So... inspired by the "Is Green Arrow Batman?" thread:

Barry Allen is Peter Parker, so Flash is Spider-Man and Barry's parents are Peter's parents
Felicity Smoak is Gwen Stacy
Iris West is Mary Jane
Detective West is Uncle Ben (Aunt May?)
Caitlin Snow is Black Cat
Francisco "Vibe" Ramon is Harry Osborn
Eddie Thawne is Norman Osborn

Hmm... a bit of a stretch, I think.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/candice-patton-flash-pilot-cw/
Candice Patton Cast In CW Pilot ‘The Flash’
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: Candice Patton (The Game) has been cast opposite Grant Gustin and Jesse L. Martin in the CW pilot The Flash, based on the DC comic. The project, from Warner Bros TV and Berlanti Productions, is an origin story about Barry Allen aka The Flash (Gustin), a Central City assistant police forensics investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. Patton, repped by Stone Manners Salners Agency and Cirrincione & Associates, will play Iris West, Allen’s fast-talking, quick-witted best friend who is also the daughter of Detective West (Martin), who serves as a surrogate father to Barry. Patton joins recently cast Rick Cosnett and Danielle Panabaker.
Never seen her work, but she sure is pretty. :up:

The only way for Flash and Green Arrow to cross-over is either by a TV-movie or guest-starring in each other's series like you would in a comics.

Interesting But she seems a bit mature looking for Barry

greys.jpeg%3Fw%3D560

IMG_0182game2.jpg

I think I would have preferred her as Waller

Candice Patton is pretty hopefully she can is a good actress as well

How long till someone critzes her for being black?

Well you know who and some others will whine with the usual nerd rage hyperbole... some people will never learn.

Hopefully Candice will do fine and the show will be good, these changes don't really matter, is the acting and writing that will. :word:

The CW’s “The Flash” pilot is bulking up its cast roster, tapping Broadway’s Carlos Valdes to play mechanical engineering genius Cisco Ramon (DC Comics fans might know him better as Vibe).
- Variety

Also, THR says there are only 2 regulars left to be cast: Harrison Wells and Hartley Rathaway.

Last edited:
- Variety

Also, THR says there are only 2 regulars left to be cast: Harrison Wells and Hartley Rathaway.

I was never a huge fan of Vibe, but I think introducing him into this TV series is very cool. They can indeed push this series into heavy comic book scifi.

- Variety

The Pied Piper as a regular character? Hmm...

Did a google search for Harrison Wells and it said that Arrow referred to him as the founder of STAR Labs? Can anyone confirm that?

The Pied Piper as a regular character? Hmm...

Did a google search for Harrison Wells and it said that Arrow referred to him as the founder of STAR Labs? Can anyone confirm that?

That's what my googling says as well.

I think that's a pretty cool cast. If they're as creative with their use as they are with the West family, I think we'll have a really awesome show on our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"