The Dark Knight The Batcave: The Official Thread

Trailer confirmed my fears: I'm going to miss the darkness and seclusion of the Batcave. The cave is an extension of Batman as a character. And this just...isn't good enough. I mean, a bright room full of gadgets and vehicles?

Not feeling it.

Trailer confirmed my fears: I'm going to miss the darkness and seclusion of the Batcave. The cave is an extension of Batman as a character. And this just...isn't good enough. I mean, a bright room full of gadgets and vehicles?

Not feeling it.
but nolan could have made the headquarter darker. i dont get it why it has to be super-bright. :huh:

i mean its almost white

^ it's symbolic. I tried to explain how I see it in my post above. basically the darkness, chaos and violence of the city is contrasted against a base of light and power, a secure little place of hiding. Going the obvious route with a dark and formless cave wouldn't establish the same feeling. As well as being a place of hope and stability it also symbolises Bruce's 'prison' and the burden of his endless mission; it's harsh, severe, confining, etc

Not feeling it.

Well, you're not supposed to because it's not the batcave. It's a temporary facility while Wayne Manor is being built. I highly doubt the real batcave will be lit up with flourescent lighting whenever he returns to Wayne Manor.

i hope they're back in the manor by the end of this one...i hate the apartment

Yes agreed completely, with what you just said, right there.

:ninja:

i just like the idea of the batcave being "underground" crow, that's where it is for me

:ninja:

I'm going to miss the manor more than the cave!

nope, deffinately going to miss the cave more than the manor, but that's just me

Does anyone know what the heck are the dinosaur and the huge penny doing in the batcave in the comics? Where did they come from?

Fox is in his apartment making some tea, suddenly on his television set.. A high speed chase! With what looks to be a black tank...

Fox-" Where have I seen that before.....who took it hmmmm....I remember someone asking if it comes in black....oh well time to watch Animal Planet...A penguin documentary is on!"

ROFL!!!

I dont see how it could be the basement of any building. Not exactly easy to get a tank in and out of a basement. Im guessing either a warehouse or airplane hanger.

Anyway, for the people pining for the Batcave. Do you want to see one like the one in the comics and cartoons? Like where he has all kinds of supercomputer equipment and giant flatscreens? Its just that that type of batcave never seemed realistic to me. How is he supposed to get it built? A job like that would need carpenters, electricians and construction workers. How exactly do you get it made without giving up where its at? I just figured Nolan was gonna stay low key with the cave.

I dont see how it could be the basement of any building. Not exactly easy to get a tank in and out of a basement. Im guessing either a warehouse or airplane hanger.

Anyway, for the people pining for the Batcave. Do you want to see one like the one in the comics and cartoons? Like where he has all kinds of supercomputer equipment and giant flatscreens? Its just that that type of batcave never seemed realistic to me. How is he supposed to get it built? A job like that would need carpenters, electricians and construction workers. How exactly do you get it made without giving up where its at? I just figured Nolan was gonna stay low key with the cave.

Low key works, the computer, the car and... aren't those the only fundamentals?

I'm Pretty sure we'll see a rebuilt Wayne Manor and Batcave by the end.

I hope so.
So is Bruce working on the cave at the same time as the house? Or is he leaving the cave until the house is finished?

Wouldn't the builders discover the cave while building the houses new foundations?

I'm confused.

I think the steel foundations would still be there. I highly doubt that the fire was hot enough to melt the steel beams.

It will be interesting to see how Nolan explains that the workers dont figure out that they are working on Batman's cave.

One explanation that I think could work is if Bruce tells the workers that they are working on a Top Secret US Government lab. Military Defense Contractors are highly paid to keep those type of secrets so it is a possibility.

This is what I posted in another thread when someone mentioned the change to harsh white light for the new cave.....

yeah I was thinking about that too, it's an interesting choice because it seems so deliberate. I wonder what it's full efect will be in the movie. to me it already reinforces the whole knight and his camelot idea. In BB the city was dirty and dishevelled and his cave was an unknown and fearful place from which anything could emerge. Now the cave symbolises the stark reality of what protecting the city truly means. It's harsh, confining, severe, besieged by the chaos of the city around it...yet also an inpenetrable sanctum of power and hope....​

but some noob mocked me by comparing my post to the imaginary projections of a high school language teacher :cmad:. his name was Sandouras

The white light reminds me of; what would Americans call it? A Wal-Mart: "And today shoppers we have half price all items off in hosiery and menswear." The white light burns itself into your retinas, until you see it in your sleep. That said if we see the original batcave by the end of the film, and this is a temporary one then okay.

ha Sandouras was mocking me. now he got banned. ha ha :hehe:

This is what I posted in another thread when someone mentioned the change to harsh white light for the new cave.....

yeah I was thinking about that too, it's an interesting choice because it seems so deliberate. I wonder what it's full efect will be in the movie. to me it already reinforces the whole knight and his camelot idea. In BB the city was dirty and dishevelled and his cave was an unknown and fearful place from which anything could emerge. Now the cave symbolises the stark reality of what protecting the city truly means. It's harsh, confining, severe, besieged by the chaos of the city around it...yet also an inpenetrable sanctum of power and hope....​

but some noob mocked me by comparing my post to the imaginary projections of a high school language teacher :cmad:. his name was Sandouras

nice analysis. :up:the theatrical poster seems to play on these ideas as well.

and for sandouras or anyone else who actually thinks that the production designers, set designers, art directors, etc... dont think about such things when designing is belying a basic misunderstanding of filmaking.

I'm Pretty sure we'll see a rebuilt Wayne Manor and Batcave by the end.

I'm looking forward to that too. Wasn't it mentioned a while ago that the batcave was never disassembled after BB? Or did that just refer to the Narrows set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"